ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Interesting question Return to archive
15th March 2006 11:53 PM
MikeyC613 I was thinking about this the other night. If you could see the Stones at any single point in their career, when would it be? For me, I'm particularly curious to see what kind of show they had when they were catching on big as a cover band back in '63-64. Being a young musician it'd be fun for me to watch another band just getting going. Obviously the '72 tour would be cool, too, but I've seen just about every tour on DVD since '69. What do you guys say?
16th March 2006 12:02 AM
Altamont Newcastle '71 so I could hear Wild Horses and Can't You Hear Me Knockin played live with Mick Taylor
16th March 2006 01:22 AM
exile I would loved to have see the '75 tour.

It just looked like great fun.
I was only 3 though
16th March 2006 04:57 AM
Jumacfly To me it's the 81 tour.
I love this stage, the sound, the incredible virtuosity of the guitarists and of course the great rythm section, with the best bass lines from Bill!
As Macky and Joey often say, the feeling of a big party with those balloons, the so-kitch stage, well, Im very curious about this tour!!

would be also interested by a seat on first row to see them perform Uptight with Steevie in 1972!!
16th March 2006 05:07 AM
speedfreakjive Personally, I'd say the 78' American Tour.
Because they were re-inventing themselves, and were playing tight and at the top of their game. They nailed most of the songs from Some Girls every night.
16th March 2006 05:10 AM
Zack Brussels, October 17, 1973
16th March 2006 05:32 AM
Voodoo Scrounge 1982

By far the best the stones have ever played without Mick Taylor.

Ronnie's last decent tour in my opinion.
16th March 2006 05:34 AM
corgi37 Kooyong, Jan 73. Hot as fuck, middle of the day! Oz summer! Silly twats.

But, NYC or L.A. 75. I want that fucking petal stage in my life!

But, really, how can anyone go past Hampton Roads, Vir. in 81??? A show that transcends time. 1st ever simulcast. Cherry picker. Thorogood. Run through the crowd. Balloons at the end.
16th March 2006 05:36 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Yeah I like that Corgi, Good call Hampton
16th March 2006 05:44 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Yeah I like that Corgi, Good call Hampton

Not the best technically speaking, but a great "under my thumb" with a long intro, and this irresisitible "happy birthday Keef"
16th March 2006 06:52 AM
Break The Spell July 1962---would love to see the live debut of the band, and see and hear what it was like with Dick Taylor on bass and Mick Avory on drums. I'd also love to see the 78 tour, they played tight, fast and rude. Any of the 66-67 shows would be nice too, but those were often ended early because of fan hysteria.
16th March 2006 09:41 AM
Egbert Altamont - not too close to the stage though.
16th March 2006 09:49 AM
speedfreakjive on second thoughts, MSG 1969.
or
Rio 2006
16th March 2006 10:55 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Egbert wrote:
Altamont - not too close to the stage though.

One of my favorite parts of that concert is when The Stones are playing near the end, and that guy with the Beard that looks like later era Jim Morrison who's all strung out on acid is uncomfortably close to Mick, with his body twitching all over, and you can tell Mick is creeped out by the guy once he sees him. Then a bit later in the song that head Hell's Angel throws the guy outta the way.
16th March 2006 10:59 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

To me it's the 81 tour.
I love this stage, the sound, the incredible virtuosity of the guitarists and of course the great rythm section, with the best bass lines from Bill!

Amen Juma ................................

I absolutely ADORE Hampton Roads , VA and any boot from the 1981 Tour ....... Indeed , whenever I hear anything from that particular Stones' tour I get that " The Party Has Just Started " feeling and hear barkers and see colored balloons falling down all around me . Hug Me !!!!!!!!!!
16th March 2006 11:17 AM
Ihavelotsajam 1978!!
16th March 2006 11:22 AM
Egbert
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
One of my favorite parts of that concert is when The Stones are playing near the end, and that guy with the Beard that looks like later era Jim Morrison who's all strung out on acid is uncomfortably close to Mick, with his body twitching all over, and you can tell Mick is creeped out by the guy once he sees him. Then a bit later in the song that head Hell's Angel throws the guy outta the way.

Yeah, that guy is a mess. I also like it when the dog walks across the stage mid-song.

I love how the film perfectly juxtaposes the flower generation's naivete against the brutal reality of life as administered by the Hells Angels.

"after all, they're just negroes, you know"

16th March 2006 11:24 AM
pdog I'm a big advocate for time travel research...
I Just Wanna See His Face...

[Edited by pdog]
16th March 2006 11:24 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Egbert wrote:

Yeah, that guy is a mess. I also like it when the dog walks across the stage mid-song.

I love how the film perfectly juxtaposes the flower generation's naivete against the brutal reality of life as administered by the Hells Angels.

"after all, they're just negroes, you know"

I've also wondered what that naked fat chick would have done if she made on to the stage.
16th March 2006 11:27 AM
Egbert She would've made a beeline for Charlie!
16th March 2006 11:35 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Egbert wrote:
She would've made a beeline for Charlie!

With that look in her eyes, it looked like she was hellbent on bum rushing somebody in the band. Kinda scary to think what might have happened...
16th March 2006 12:18 PM
Lazy Bones MSG: 28-Nov-69 (2nd show)
16th March 2006 12:22 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Joey wrote:

Amen Juma ................................

I absolutely ADORE Hampton Roads , VA and any boot from the 1981 Tour ....... Indeed , whenever I hear anything from that particular Stones' tour I get that " The Party Has Just Started " feeling and hear barkers and see colored balloons falling down all around me . Hug Me !!!!!!!!!!

that just shows our good taste baby!

"play this Black Limo fuckin' intro Ronnie!!!"
16th March 2006 12:30 PM
glencar
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
MSG: 28-Nov-69 (2nd show)

Of course. Top of their game & before the horror that was Altamont.
16th March 2006 12:34 PM
pdog Didn't Cher have a hit with a song about turning back time?
I make myself sick...

16th March 2006 12:37 PM
Break The Spell I was at the check-out last night at Meijer's, and they had pictures of Cher without make-up in one of them celebrity rag's. She looked like a ghost.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)