ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: XM or Sirius: Does Sirius have the official RS radio station? Return to archive
15th March 2006 03:41 PM
yourtimewillcome they both have channels with only Stones, but Sirius says they are official? Does this mean Jagger and the boys get paid from Sirius and XM is a fraud station?
15th March 2006 03:48 PM
lotsajizz it means you hear the Glimmer Twins doing hourly promo spots....bfd, both are great!!!

I had my first exposure while down in Florida the last few days...all Stones, all the time...works for me....
15th March 2006 03:57 PM
NHStonesfan
quote:
yourtimewillcome wrote:
they both have channels with only Stones, but Sirius says they are official? Does this mean Jagger and the boys get paid from Sirius and XM is a fraud station?

What XM station number has only Stones?
15th March 2006 03:59 PM
Break The Spell I have Sirius and the Stones only station is great for long drives. Its like your hearing a special concert with a great set list.
15th March 2006 04:09 PM
Gimme Shelter I thought the all Stones channel wss just a temporary thing for the start of the tour. Is it permanant?
15th March 2006 04:13 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
I thought the all Stones channel wss just a temporary thing for the start of the tour. Is it permanant?

I remember hearing that too, but since then I've never heard of it going away either.
15th March 2006 04:35 PM
ChrisEditor Sirius does indeed still have it's all-Stones channel. I listen to it every day getting ready for work. I believe it was meant to be temporary but good feedback made it permanent. Sirius also does an all-Springsteen channel.

I also have XM and I don't know of any all-Stones channel. I wish.
15th March 2006 04:50 PM
steel wls XM doesn't have a Stones channel. Sirius' is amazing. And I believe The Springsteen channel is gone.
15th March 2006 09:18 PM
Paranoid_Android Sirius has exteded the Stones channel INDEFINATLY...it is ALOT of fun...AND they have a great collection of RE-MIXES...which many of you know this Paranoid Android LOVES!!!
16th March 2006 07:01 AM
Break The Spell Another good thing is they also play a good amount of rare songs and deep album cuts. Hopefully this chanel continues. Love the avatar Steel Wheels...
16th March 2006 08:06 AM
rollmops AOL has a Rolling Stones channel too; it's called "satisfaction" and it is very good. Sometimes in between songs, they played bits of interviews of Mick and Keith. Once I heard Keith explaining the origin of Honky Tonk Women. He said he wrote it in Brazil. He got it out of Hank Williams' tune "Honky Tonk blues". I was happy to hear the explanation because for many years I had suspected that the Stones had been influenced by the Williams' song when they wrote HTW.
Mops
17th March 2006 01:31 AM
east_river_trucker When Sirius started that channel they promised Rolling Stone's tour news, interviews, live concerts, yadda yadda yadda. In typical Stones fashion after the deal was made they apparently said screw the fans and screw the people at Sirius who went to bat for them. Kind of like they did to the people who ran the official stone's web site and the fans who where promised a DVD or whatever that bullshit was. Now we get an all stones channel with nothing but previously released material that plays a preponderence of pre 1968 material. Yet more shameful and disgraceful conduct from a band that knows no shame when it comes to dirty dealin to get that last US dollar. Apparently the boys in the band realy like collecting small green pictures of dead popular American presidents. They've made some great rock n roll in their day - just listen to the sirius channel - but they're also a bunch of low class ass hole money grubbin parvenue.
17th March 2006 02:19 AM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
east_river_trucker wrote:
When Sirius started that channel they promised Rolling Stone's tour news, interviews, live concerts, yadda yadda yadda. In typical Stones fashion after the deal was made they apparently said screw the fans and screw the people at Sirius who went to bat for them. Kind of like they did to the people who ran the official stone's web site and the fans who where promised a DVD or whatever that bullshit was. Now we get an all stones channel with nothing but previously released material that plays a preponderence of pre 1968 material. Yet more shameful and disgraceful conduct from a band that knows no shame when it comes to dirty dealin to get that last US dollar. Apparently the boys in the band realy like collecting small green pictures of dead popular American presidents. They've made some great rock n roll in their day - just listen to the sirius channel - but they're also a bunch of low class ass hole money grubbin parvenue.

So...do you like SIRIUS or XM better?

you never did answer the question...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)