ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: the man who arrested Mr. Richards Return to archive
15th March 2006 02:58 PM
dealer squealing check it out!

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2005/08/27/1189992.html
15th March 2006 03:02 PM
Break The Spell Interesting that one of the cops that busted him is a big fan and plans on seeing them live again.
15th March 2006 03:04 PM
pdog The power of Keith...
15th March 2006 06:26 PM
highwire Thats a great story. Wasn't aware of all those details. I remember when all that went down. I was a teenager and huge Stones fan and real pissed that he had to get busted in my city of all places.What were the odds? Anyway it all worked out well. Lined up all night for the two blind date shows in Oshawa ( about 40 minutes east of Toronto) and got nothing along with a few hundred other fans.
Later bought scalpers tickets. $60.00 for standing room side stage for the first show and $125.00 for a seat about 10 rows up side stage for the second show. First and only time I've seen Stones up close. Worth every penny. Sound was perfect.Loud and clear. Stones played short set, but it didn't matter when you were seeing them twice in a row with added bonus of New Barbarians opening with Ron and Kieth fronting that band so the whole day really was wall to wall Keith and Ronnie. Mick and Keith opened the Stones set with I think Prodigal son which was fitting. It was a duet. Very casual.Keith came out first which was no big deal as we'd seen him all through the Barbarians set. Then Mick strolled out and the place went banannas. Then the rest of them casually appeared and I though the roof was going to come off the little 4000 seat hockey arena. It was nuts seeing the Stones up close in such an obscure out of the way venue when driving to Buffalo for the football stadium Some Girls show was the norm.Stones skipped Toronto for both the 78 and 81 tours after the drug bust. We had to drive to Buffalo for those tours.
John Belushi was there as well as hyped up MC.
There is a boot of that show kicking around as I remember hearing it at the time. A friend bought the boot on LP. It was good quality. We used to blast it in his living room and then after a while forgot about it.
Anyway the news article brought back memories. Thanks!
15th March 2006 06:38 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
highwire wrote:
There is a boot of that show kicking around as I remember hearing it at the time. A friend bought the boot on LP. It was good quality.

"Blind Date"..?
15th March 2006 06:41 PM
CraigP This is Anarchy.
Keith is the greatest.
15th March 2006 09:02 PM
Soldatti Interesting story, thanks a lot for posting it.
16th March 2006 10:58 PM
highwire
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

"Blind Date"..?

Yes, that's probably the name of the boot? The official name of the show, from my ticket stub which I still have
was:

KEITH RICHARDS C.N.I.B. CONCERT

Sun April 22, 1979.

Funny I've always referred to those shows as the Blind Date shows, so I might have picked up that name from the boot LP jacket.
Did that boot become a widely circulated Stones collectible?Just wondering. Like I said I was a teenager back then. Short attention span. Played the boot for a couple of weeks and forgot about it. Didn't even think to make a casette copy for myself.
16th March 2006 11:46 PM
PeerQueer I knew Keith and I shared a common thread -we've both been busted for drugs!!

I actually spent 3 days in the Crumlin Road Jail in Belfast in the early 90's - shortly before it closed.

Tough place, that.

And what a two weeks in Belfast that was...

-shiver-
17th March 2006 08:42 AM
GotToRollMe I actually still have my "Free Keef" t-shirt from that period. Thanks, great article.
17th March 2006 08:47 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:
The power of Keith...

Quite true! "Far beyond those of mortal men..."
17th March 2006 08:50 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Quite true! "Far beyond those of mortal men..."

too true
17th March 2006 09:10 AM
rollmops In 1977 I was 18 years old and I spent several weeks travelling through europe by train. I carried with me a big bagback. I put a picture of Richards on it with a "Free Keith" written on it. I remember at the time been really pissed off that the cops had taken away my hero! But looking at the event now, almost 30 years later, it seems that keith was in fact lucky that he got arrested that day.
I still dig him very much; he is still a "hero" of mine.
Roll and Roll
Mops
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)