ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Was Radio City Omaha'd?: An in-depth analysis Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
15th March 2006 01:12 PM
Maxlugar Both shows were heavy on the standards of this tour.

They both shared the following songs:

Jumping Jack Flash
It's Only Rock'n Roll
As Tears Go By
Tumbling Dice
Gimme Shelter
This Place Is Empty
Happy
Oh No Not You Again
Get Off Of My Cloud
Honky Tonk Women
Sympathy For The Devil
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Satisfaction

That leaves the ones played only at each venue.

Omaha got:
She's So Cold
Rough Justice
Bitch
Rain Fall Down
Miss You

Radio City got:
Shattered
Worried About You
Midnight Rambler
You Got Me Rocking

First of all, getting Midnight Rambler pretty much cancels out anything Omaha might have gotten that Radio City didn't. But it gets worse. The inclusion of Rain Fall Down for Omaha tips the scales even more in Radio City's favor. Then add in the fact that Miss You is a time killer and was pretty much an addition by subtraction for its absence at Radio City. It obvisouly took time away from Rambler and that is a sin. Rough Justice is a good one for Omaha but is easily cancelled out by Shattered. She's So Cold is very much clobbered by Worried About You, as well. Bitch is the worst war horse still being trotted out by the boys due to its Vegas review approach, so it's a non factor. At least You Got Me Rocking is a crowd pleaser with it's sing along chorus. It always livens up the place. Eye witness reports from Quest have told me the crowd seemed dead or even annoyed at the show. WTF?

So in conclusion, it is my opinion that while Radio City was no MSG or LA set wise, it certainly did not sink to the depths of Omaha. Heck, being that it was such a small venue, it just might have been better than MSG/ LA

But Radio City was not Omaha'd!

...and Science, SCIENCE!, wins again.

All my best,

Maxlugar
15th March 2006 01:27 PM
pdog WORD!!!
15th March 2006 01:29 PM
Break The Spell So is Bitch now considered a warhorse?? Some seem to think it is, but it seems like its absent from too many shows to really be a true warhorse the way Start Me Up, Brown Sugar, Honky Tonk Women and Sympathy For The Devil are.
15th March 2006 01:29 PM
doo doo doo Dude Great analysis Maxlugar. Very informative.
15th March 2006 01:31 PM
winter In speaking with Nellcote last week, I had suspected an abbreviated set list / bust for this show. I actually thought they would only do 15 or 16 songs.

From all accounts, the show was not a bust, but I don't understand why the Stones abbreviate these "special" gigs, even if I anticpated it. If anything, you would think that they would play a little longer and take a few more risks.

Anyway, sounds like a great show, but I would not have paid several thousand dollars to see it, particularly when it is compared to the true club / theatre gigs of last tour - See the Orpheum 2002.

Wintah
15th March 2006 01:46 PM
throbby Having been at both MSG shows in January and the show last night it is my humble opinion that last night paled in comparison. Call me jaded but I just didn't feel the vibe from the boys last night.
15th March 2006 01:50 PM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

So in conclusion, it is my opinion that while Radio City was no MSG or LA set wise, it certainly did not sink to the depths of Omaha. Heck, being that it was such a small venue, it just might have been better than MSG/ LA

But Radio City was not Omaha'd!

...and Science, SCIENCE!, wins again.

All my best,

Maxlugar

** { SIGH } **

M- ............................

M- M- .....................................

M- M- M- M- M- M- ..............................

M- .......................

( fade to white ........ like an angel )

Jacky !

[Edited by Joey]
15th March 2006 01:50 PM
Maxlugar [quote]throbby wrote:
Having been at both MSG shows in January and the show last night it is my humble opinion that last night paled in comparison. Call me jaded but I just didn't feel the vibe from the boys last night.

Damn Throbby. I feel bad about that.

You're livin' in your own private Omaha...

We'll always have MSG, dear friend.

15th March 2006 01:53 PM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Damn Throbby. I feel bad about that.

You're livin' in your own private Omaha...

We'll always have MSG, dear friend.

*** { Double Sigh ) ***

[ Edited by SS ]

[Edited by Joey]
15th March 2006 02:01 PM
throbby You know Max, I had a fairly good seat dead center and the sound was not entering my ears in the crystalline clarity I had assumed it would. Sound was a bit muffled in my location. Hopefully it was better for others.
15th March 2006 02:06 PM
luxury1 I got the feeling the band members were jumping on airplanes, flying in all different directions, at the conclusion of the show. Quick, tight show.
Mick was in a fun mood, though. He should have jumped into the "well-heeled crowd" when he rushed the front of the stage during Start Me Up. I was doubting they were hip enough to catch him and body-surf him to the back of the venue. Next time, Mick...
15th March 2006 02:09 PM
Maxlugar [quote]luxury1 wrote:
I got the feeling the band members were jumping on airplanes, flying in all different directions, at the conclusion of the show. Quick, tight show.
Mick was in a fun mood, though. He should have jumped into the "well-heeled crowd" when he rushed the front of the stage during Start Me Up. I was doubting they were hip enough to catch him and body-surf him to the back of

Oh Luxy! I'm sad to hear this!

You both livin' in your own private Omaha©!!!
15th March 2006 02:14 PM
Break The Spell [

[
[Edited by Joey]
[/quote]

Don't let all the bad talk of Omaha get ya down my brotha. Just get your Who in Omaha tickets and prepare for THE BEST WHO YET!!
15th March 2006 02:15 PM
throbby No downer in my head Max. It was indeed a great time. Nothing beats seeing the Stones in NYC.
15th March 2006 02:17 PM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[
You both livin' in your own private Omaha©!!!

I would like to baste you in milk for 48 hours, hog-tie you and let hungry baby lambs skeletonize your quivering, quaking carcass.

|
|
|
V

15th March 2006 02:25 PM
pdog Joey !!!
15th March 2006 02:25 PM
glencar I was surprised the show wasn't louder but the sound was pretty clear where I was sitting. I quite enjoyed ATGB from the B-stage. The WAY bit was the best of the 3 times I've seen it. And free T-shirts!
15th March 2006 02:27 PM
Maxlugar [quote]throbby wrote:
No downer in my head Max. It was indeed a great time. Nothing beats seeing the Stones in NYC.

Oh, I hear THAT Rock Throbster!!! It's true!

I'll take you off the list.

Anyone else livin' in their own private Omaha™?
15th March 2006 02:32 PM
pdog I believe Joey Omaha'd The Stones, not the other way around. We need to explore further, it may be a case of the accused being the victims...
The Stones were ambushed by a hack poster !!!
15th March 2006 02:33 PM
glencar
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]throbby wrote:
No downer in my head Max. It was indeed a great time. Nothing beats seeing the Stones in NYC.

Oh, I hear THAT Rock Throbster!!! It's true!

I'll take you off the list.

Anyone else livin' in their own private Omaha™?

Omaha's a fucking ditch. Ain't living there!
15th March 2006 02:37 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:

You make Joey weep profusely and shit liquid .

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

Why must you make young Joey use so much toilet paper ?

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!

15th March 2006 02:38 PM
Maxlugar [quote]pdog wrote:
I believe Joey Omaha'd The Stones, not the other way around. We need to explore further, it may be a case of the accused being the victims...
The Stones were ambushed by a hack poster !!!

That's entirely possible.

You are much loved by Maxy.
15th March 2006 02:38 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:

Omaha'd by Joey !!!
15th March 2006 02:41 PM
Joey

That's it !!!!

I am leaving the board .....

...... Wait !!!!! .... Where is me Dope ?!?!
15th March 2006 02:45 PM
pdog Will you be posting on The Couch?
Joey has Omaha'd himself...
Joey !!!
[Edited by pdog]
15th March 2006 03:06 PM
Joey

OK !

I am back !!!!

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060315&content_id=1350534&vkey=news_chc&fext=.jsp&c_id=chc

15th March 2006 03:15 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:

OK !

I am back !!!!

Did you go rub one out?
Joey !!!
15th March 2006 03:24 PM
Reginald Denny
quote:
pdog wrote:
Will you be posting on The Couch?
Joey has Omaha'd himself...
Joey !!!
[Edited by pdog]

That is very funny. I would say I'm shitting liquid but I ain't no rudy poo, hay seed from Dirtville, Nebraska. I am able to make it to the crapper in a timely and orderly manner.
15th March 2006 03:53 PM
FPM C10
quote:
pdog wrote:
Joey !!!

Wait...let me get this straight...you found a picture of a MONKEY in an arab headdress...and you used it as a jab at JOEY?

Man, you'll NEVER get asked to join "the Party" with instincts like THAT.
15th March 2006 04:04 PM
Reginald Denny
quote:
Joey wrote:

********* END TRANSMISSION *************

Now you funny too
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)