ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith's knees Return to archive
15th March 2006 10:31 AM
rollmops Does Keith wear something to protect his knees? He frequently kneels down as a gesture of gratitude towards the audience. On some pictures it looks like he has something on his "joints"(not the ones in his pocket,but the ones in the middle part of his legs) hidden behind his jeans.
Mick doesn't kneel down anymore like he once did in 75.
Mops
15th March 2006 11:10 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Im not sure, but I wouldnt be suprised. He is getting on a bit now.
15th March 2006 11:23 AM
Break The Spell [Mick doesn't kneel down anymore like he once did in 75.
Mops

[/quote]

I miss the days when he did his whole Boston Strangler routine durine Midnight Rambler.
16th March 2006 10:34 AM
Egbert A couple years ago a picture of Keith standing in the surf somewhere in the Caribbean was posted here; I don't think he's wearing knee pads - his kneecaps are big and knotty now, much like his fingers. Nevertheless, he gets around better with his knees than I do with my 40 year olds.
16th March 2006 10:36 AM
Joey
quote:
Egbert wrote:
A Nevertheless, he gets around better with his knees than I do with my 40 year olds.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16th March 2006 10:44 AM
Jumping Jack Many groupies are getting older and have taken to wearing knee pads, LOL!
16th March 2006 10:47 AM
Gazza one of the UK tabloids showed a paparazzi photo of Keith in his boxers on his hotel balcony in Buenos Aires a few weeks ago.

It wasnt a pretty sight. His legs and knees were Gandhi-like, only a lighter shade....
16th March 2006 11:46 AM
Egbert
quote:
Joey wrote:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[sigh of resignation]

And I purposefully phrased it as "gets around better with his knees" as opposed to "gets around better ON his knees" to discourage the resident pervert(s) of this board....
16th March 2006 11:50 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Gazza wrote:
one of the UK tabloids showed a paparazzi photo of Keith in his boxers on his hotel balcony in Buenos Aires a few weeks ago.

It wasnt a pretty sight. His legs and knees were Gandhi-like, only a lighter shade....

One thing people can never say about the Stones is that they got "fat and old". Their weight has stayed amazingly consistent through the years.
16th March 2006 12:06 PM
Egbert
quote:
Gazza wrote:
His legs and knees were Gandhi-like, only a lighter shade....

Ha ha - you nailed it Gazza.
16th March 2006 01:38 PM
Stray Cat UK Yes they have all stayed skinny...BASTARDS !

Just been listening to Bill taking the piss out of Keith's hair on BBC radio 2 !

Get back to your metal detector wanker
16th March 2006 01:44 PM
Joey
quote:
Egbert wrote:

[sigh of resignation]

And I purposefully phrased it as "gets around better with his knees" as opposed to "gets around better ON his knees" to discourage the resident pervert(s) of this board....

I only feel right on my knees ......................

.....and WHO ARE YOU ?!?!?!

16th March 2006 01:45 PM
Egbert Om-Aha!
16th March 2006 01:47 PM
Joey
quote:
Egbert wrote:

[sigh of resignation]

I know there's a place you walked
Where love falls from the trees
My heart is like a broken cup
I only feel right on my knees

I spit out like a sewer hole
Yet still recieve your kiss
How can I measure up to anyone now
After such a love as this?

(chorus)

Who are you?
Ooh wa ooh wa ooh wa ooh wa ...

Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?

http://www.thewho.net/discography/songs/WhoAreYou.html

16th March 2006 01:51 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Joey wrote:

I know there's a place you walked
Where love falls from the trees
My heart is like a broken cup
I only feel right on my knees

I spit out like a sewer hole
Yet still recieve your kiss
How can I measure up to anyone now
After such a love as this?

(chorus)

Who are you?
Ooh wa ooh wa ooh wa ooh wa ...

Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?

http://www.thewho.net/discography/songs/WhoAreYou.html

Whenever the local classic rock station plays that song, they play the edited version which skips that awesome last verse. It also bleeps out Roger's use of fuck both times too.
16th March 2006 01:54 PM
Joey
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Whenever the local classic rock station plays that song, they play the edited version which skips that awesome last verse. It also bleeps out Roger's use of fuck both times too.

Really ?!?!

I guess some classic rock stations bleep out the " Fu*ks " and some do not ............. DAMN !!!

Developing ......................

Shiver .................

16th March 2006 02:12 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Joey wrote:

Really ?!?!

I guess some classic rock stations bleep out the " Fu*ks " and some do not ............. DAMN !!!

Developing ......................

Shiver .................

Ours never did until the infamous 2004 Superbowl incident, after that every station here started to censor songs that were uncensored for anywhere from 10-35 years!! I still don't get why they had to take out the enitre 3ed verse however!
17th March 2006 03:19 AM
Make It Funky Mick doesn't kneel down anymore like he once did in 75?

Am I the only one who found this allegorically hillarious?

hmm...

Cheers!
17th March 2006 07:07 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
one of the UK tabloids showed a paparazzi photo of Keith in his boxers on his hotel balcony in Buenos Aires a few weeks ago.

LOL. Well they don't call 'em the strolling bones for nothing. As long as he keeps on rocking....
17th March 2006 09:29 AM
Joey

I STILL only feel right on me knees ........

17th March 2006 01:46 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Many groupies are getting older and have taken to wearing knee pads, LOL!

LOL...Thought the pads were a pre-requisite!
17th March 2006 02:35 PM
Joey " LOL...Thought the pads were a pre-requisite!"

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)