ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Sittin' On A Fence" - Alternate Versions? Return to archive
15th March 2006 08:58 AM
mcclellan28 Are there any alternate versions of "Sittin' On A Fence?" Any live performances that you're aware of? I'm familiar with the version that's on "Flowers."
15th March 2006 09:04 AM
Break The Spell To my knowledge, this has never been done live and I'm only familiar with the version on Flowers and More Hot Rocks.
15th March 2006 12:36 PM
Scottfree Killer tune...
15th March 2006 12:52 PM
mcclellan28
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
This has never been done live

That's a shame. It's such a great song!
15th March 2006 12:54 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
mcclellan28 wrote:

That's a shame. It's such a great song!

I had a thread on it about a month ago, its always been an underrated gem to me. It would have fit perfectly on a proper studio album like Aftermath or Between The Buttons. "They just get married cuz there's nothing else to do..."
15th March 2006 02:50 PM
Saint Sway The Radiators - a legendary touring band from New Orleans - do a cover of it.
15th March 2006 03:04 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
The Radiators - a legendary touring band from New Orleans - do a cover of it.

I've heard of them before. Do they have it on any of their albums or have they only done it live??
15th March 2006 03:27 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

I've heard of them before. Do they have it on any of their albums or have they only done it live??

actually they've never covered it. My bad. I'm confusing seeing them do "Take It Or Leave It" from Flowers.

they have a live album out called "Snafu" that has live versions of "No Expectations" and "You Gotta Move" on it.

they also frequently do covers of Dead Flowers, Sympathy, Last Time, Mona, Stop Breaking Down, Factory Girl, Wild Horses, Let It Bleed, Crazy Mama, Honkeytonk, Satisfaction, YCAGWYW, Come On.... tons of Dylan, Little Feat, The Band, Dead, Meters, Van Morrison and all kinds of other silly shit.

they are heavily taped and traded band. Easist place to purchase or download live shows is at www.livedownloads.com

you can search their set lists at www.ancientfurnace.net

they've been touring relentlessly for 28 years now - their motto is "Too Stoopid To Stop". They even opened for the Stones back in '81. REALLY FUN live band. Keep your eyes peeled and ck em out some time

www.theradiators.org
15th March 2006 03:34 PM
Break The Spell Thanks for all the info, they've covered some amazing songs there. i'd definately like to check out "Snafu" if it has No Expectations, one of my top 10 favorite Stones tunes. "Too Stoopid To Stop" Love the attitude!!
15th March 2006 05:16 PM
Gimme Shelter The Stones should definately pull this one out on stage.
15th March 2006 05:49 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
"Too Stoopid To Stop" Love the attitude!!

yeah it sounds like a classic Keith or Ronnie quote!

Too Stoopid To Stop - - thats The Radiators in a nutshell! Just a fun time band, lost on the road for nearly 30 years and lovin every minute.
[Edited by Saint Sway]
15th March 2006 09:00 PM
Soldatti I love this tune.
16th March 2006 05:22 AM
kmc this song might have been a demo for an andrew loog oldham managed duo called TWICE AS MUCH. their version was released first as US single but went nowhere.
16th March 2006 09:10 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
kmc wrote:
this song might have been a demo for an andrew loog oldham managed duo called TWICE AS MUCH. their version was released first as US single but went nowhere.

Interesting, never heard of it before. Have you actually heard this or did you just read of it??
16th March 2006 10:38 AM
albert I don't know about a alternate take from Sitting On A Fence.
There is a alternate take from Dandelion. Mostly accoustic with Keith on lead vocals.

Albert
Holland
17th March 2006 11:26 AM
kmc i have the TWICE AS MUCH 45.
it's on MGM records.
arranged by Art Greenslade.
Produced by Andrew Loog Oldham.

Flip is BABY I WANT YOU by skinner/rose.
also produced by Andrew.

Sounds like Keith on guitar.
17th March 2006 12:28 PM
kmc SITTIN' ON A FENCE, plus a some 23 stones' songs done by different artists - a ton of chris farlowe stuff, two by Alexis Korner for example - is available on a cd from 2000 - "LET'S GO GET STONED! THE SONGS OF JAGGER/RICHARD" - on an English release put out by Castle Records.
17th March 2006 12:30 PM
glencar I have that!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)