ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Panamá City Airport, Panamá - 2001
© From the Cucho Peñaloza Archives!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MICK AT RONNIE'S SHOW!!!!!!!!! Return to archive
March 13th, 2005 06:08 PM
JumpingKentFlash I just got a text message on my mobile from KeithRichards (Lorenz) from IORR who's at the gig with Ronnie Wood and Fiends. It beeped in two seconds ago. It said plain and simple "Mick was here".

WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
March 13th, 2005 06:26 PM
JumpingKentFlash Reported by Stonesdoug over at Shidoobee:
Mick did a song with the band---waiting to hear which one
March 13th, 2005 06:31 PM
Monkey Woman Thanks! Awesome! BTW here's the link to the page:

http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm15
March 13th, 2005 06:59 PM
JumpingKentFlash All credit for this one goes to CSD from IORR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: MICK AT RONNIE'S SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: CSD (IP Logged)
Date: March 14, 2005 01:56

I've just got back, it finished at 10.00. It only lasted an hour and a half, but it was fantastic. Ronnie did Testify, Seven Days, OOh La La, Stay With Me, Janis Joplin's Piece Of My Heart with Beverley Knight on vocals and of course Dance Part 1 with Mick as well as quite a few other songs from his solo albums.
March 13th, 2005 07:03 PM
Hannalee Yeah, my heart leapt up when Ronnie said "Now you've got to dance; we've got a good teacher". Or words to that effect.
March 13th, 2005 07:10 PM
JumpingKentFlash You were there Hannalee???
March 13th, 2005 07:10 PM
rogerriffin hannalee... what more, what more?????????
March 13th, 2005 07:56 PM
Hannalee Ummm... the place went nuts?

March 13th, 2005 08:12 PM
JumpingKentFlash So did my balls last night. Come on girl. give us some details please.
March 13th, 2005 08:57 PM
Hannalee TMI, JKF.

Andrea Corr wore a very short skirt, which made her look more six than sexy; Beverley Knight had on a Tongue minidress. Ron's attire was fairly subdued once he'd dispensed with his emerald green jacket.

You didn't want to know about the music, did you?
March 13th, 2005 10:43 PM
Saint Sway WOW! Thats pretty cool. Its pretty rare for Mick to make a guest appearance at someone else's show.

the lineup and song selections look great. Can't wait to hear more details!
March 14th, 2005 02:30 AM
Dutch Michael D. this is great news! are there any photographs from this show? With Mick!! maybe they'll fly to the studio in France soon, together.

Ciao
March 14th, 2005 03:25 AM
montana pic pic pic

by Dave M. Benett (getty images)
March 14th, 2005 03:30 AM
Jumacfly thanks Lour!
March 14th, 2005 03:44 AM
Monkey Woman Great stuff, Lour, thanks a lot for feeding our addiction!
March 14th, 2005 03:45 AM
Dutch Michael D. Great Pic, looks like mick enjoying it... great!!!
March 14th, 2005 03:46 AM
Dutch Michael D. hey, is that Darryl Jones on the background???
March 14th, 2005 03:46 AM
Jumacfly and Darryl Jones should stop Burger King!!!
March 14th, 2005 03:57 AM
Dutch Michael D. yeah, he's too fat the last 3 years isn't he?? maybe he can work out with mick and his olympic trainer or something...
March 14th, 2005 04:32 AM
Moonisup Yeah, it looked like Mick was having fun
March 14th, 2005 01:45 PM
glencar Daryl's just trying to look like an old bluesman. A really FAT old bluesman!
March 14th, 2005 01:53 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Since we now have several threads on the same subject please go here if you wanna see more pix with no watermarks

http://novogate.com/board/968/209577-1.html
March 14th, 2005 07:04 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
and Darryl Jones should stop Burger King!!!

I remember a funny post from months ago about the Stones gang and the visit to the fat farm.
March 15th, 2005 01:55 AM
Monkey Woman The british press took note of Sunday's big event too. I bet they wouldn't have reviewed the show if Mick hadn't been there. Nice review, though.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/insiders/guides/articles/17259357?source=Evening%20Standard

Mick steals show at Ronnie's gig
By Patrick Sawyer, Evening Standard
14 March 2005

Rock fans got a surprise at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane.

One moment Ronnie Wood was on stage playing guitar with a host of his old music mates he's known since his days with the Faces.

The next minute old Jumping Jack Flash himself, Mick Jagger, leaped up onto the stage to join his fellow Rolling Stone for an encore.

With Stones concerts now restricted to super-sized stadiums, this was like the old days: Mick, Ronnie and friends jamming in the intimate setting of a London theatre.[/b]

Wood, clad in tight denim and cut-off white T-shirt, and Jagger, in open-necked shirt and black trousers, brought back memories of the Stones at their height.[b]

After quitting the Faces in 1975, Wood teamed up with the Stones to record albums including Black And Blue, Some Girls, Tattoo You and Voodoo Lounge.

For some people in the audience last night that was ancient rock and roll history but that didn't stop them having a good time.

Guests included actress Davinia Murphy, ubiquitous party girl Meg Mathews, singer Andrea Corr and Elton John percussionist Ray Cooper.

Jagger's girlfriend L'Wren Scott and various members of the Wood clan were also there and went on to party at the Aura club afterwards.

It may have only been rock'n'roll, but they loved it.
March 15th, 2005 01:58 AM
Monkey Woman And some more in NME:

http://www.nme.com/news/111695.htm

Cool pic, a little too small though.
March 15th, 2005 08:53 AM
Gazza >Guests included actress Davinia Murphy, ubiquitous party girl Meg Mathews, singer Andrea Corr and Elton John percussionist Ray Cooper.

a pretty strange definition of 'guests' - they mention two people who apparently were in the audience plus two who actually performed!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood