ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Panamá City Airport, Panamá - 2001
© From the Cucho Peñaloza Archives!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: GAZZA!!!!!!!!!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
March 14th, 2005 07:45 PM
Gazza my mate GR taped it on minidisc. from what I heard of it in the hotel afterwards, it seemed to come out pretty well.

When I get my copy, I'll make it available for a 'tree' and copy it for someone to upload as a torrent too (thats a bit beyond my capabilities, still..!). The whole show will fit onto one CDR.
March 14th, 2005 07:52 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
my mate GR taped it on minidisc. from what I heard of it in the hotel afterwards, it seemed to come out pretty well.

When I get my copy, I'll make it available for a 'tree' and copy it for someone to upload as a torrent too (thats a bit beyond my capabilities, still..!). The whole show will fit onto one CDR.

nice effort - it will be fun to hear it.

as for seeding - it is easy, and if you are broadband, it CAN be done. if you want my help, fire me an email, and we can go from there. i have helped many regular seeders get themselves up and running. i'd love it you were seeding (what a resource!!). plus, if you get it down by the time the stones do this farewell tour, you can answer all the questions that pop up here

was the minidisc a newer model - some of those have full CD quality recording quality (called hmd, i think)...

how was the playing (specifically ronnie and daryl)..?

and i know it is hard to tell, esp with just one tune (and that one, at that), but how was mick's vocal sounding..?

do you really think the stones will have their sh*t together by october/november in order to tour..?

edited (added seeding paragraph)
[Edited by mac_daddy]
March 14th, 2005 08:19 PM
JumpingKentFlash The entire show has two sources then. The other one by IORR's KeithRichards is not half bad. Available for downloading sometime tomorrow (I hope) on www.rockpassion.com (The download section).
March 14th, 2005 08:24 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
The entire show has two sources then. The other one by IORR's KeithRichards is not half bad. Available for downloading sometime tomorrow (I hope) on www.rockpassion.com (The download section).

nice. i just checked that site out. beware of the bandwidth onslaught whaen you put that gig up...

anyway, does the taper ever share his stuff PRIOR to converting to mp3..?
March 14th, 2005 08:46 PM
JumpingKentFlash I don't think he does. This recording was made with a digital camera (Still ok sound). He had to subtract the file from the camera and then it automatically becomes Mp3 I think. but it's certainly still worth hearing. It's so awesome.

BTW: I'm not the owner of that site. It's one of my pals'. And there's already (As you can see in the download section) a couple of complete shows up already. Free download and all. It's very good.
[Edited by JumpingKentFlash]
March 14th, 2005 08:49 PM
Soldatti Who can send me Dance Pt. 1?

E*mail: [email protected]

Thanks!
March 14th, 2005 08:59 PM
Madafaka Gazza, thank you very much to send me the mp3 file! You rule, like always do.
Thank you again!
March 14th, 2005 09:35 PM
JumpingKentFlash Soldatti: You got Dance yet??? Please reply quickly as i'm about to go to bed. I have it. Interested???
March 14th, 2005 09:38 PM
Gazza I'm sending a few more e-mails out now just before I go to bed

Soldatti - yours will be one of them. Thanks for letting me know your address again
March 14th, 2005 10:21 PM
Soldatti Thanks Gazza!
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood