ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Panamá City Airport, Panamá - 2001
© From the Cucho Peñaloza Archives!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dutch tribute band Flip the Switch's Farewell Party! Return to archive
March 11th, 2005 01:28 AM
Angiegirl FLIP THE SWITCH THROWS A SPECTACULAR FAREWELL PARTY!!

The end is near: after six beautiful years, with the last two in the current formation, Flip the Switch has decided to ring the bell for the last round. June 26, 2005 will be the day, and one of the most beautiful venues in Amsterdam “Panama” is the place.

We have accomplished everything one can achieve within the constraints of a 'tribute band'. We were elected “Best Tribute Band” in 2003 with which we won a trip to London and several days in a recording studio. In 2004 Flip was given the honour to play a very special venue the Stones played a legendary gig in 1964: The Kurhaus. It’s our most special gig yet. We played full houses to great success all over Holland in between. Flip the Switch has consolidated the name of Best Tribute band, and have been a much in demand live band. Now, it's done. It’s time to embrace new projects and seek new challenges. The Farewell Party will be Flip’s Last Waltz, and the ultimate chance to see Flip the Switch live and to experience the buzz!

We promise you this will be a very special show! When the Stones played six sell-out shows in Holland in 2003 they chose Panama to throw a thank-you bash for the crew and friends of the band. Following our heroes, Flip the Switch has chosen the fantastically beautiful Panama for the farewell party. It will be a show not to be missed!

Panama is an intimate theatre, so don’t hesitate to order tickets in time. The band and its management would be pleased to offer any assistance in finding transportation and accommodation means. Panama is located near the center of Amsterdam, and public transportation and hotels are in abundance. Just drop us a line and we’ll help you out!

This will be The Last Time...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tickets are available at all remaining gigs of Flip the Switch’s Farewell Tour or on order via [email protected]. Reservation of tickets is also possible at the Panama (+31 20 3118686). More info at: www.fliptheswitch.nl.

Flip The Switch live in Panama
Sunday, June 26 2005
Doors open at 14.00
Entrance fee: 10 euro

Panama (www.panama.nl)
Address:
Oostelijke Handelskade 4
Amsterdam

See you there,
Flip the Switch

[Edited by Angiegirl]
March 11th, 2005 03:46 AM
L&A Hi Angie Thanks for the info ! Seeing FTS live is a great experience ! I'll try to come to Amsterdam, but end of June, just before holidays, isn't easy with my work...
March 11th, 2005 05:16 AM
Irresistible-Lady That's a pity,maybe i come and see the goodbye show.
March 11th, 2005 10:41 AM
Angiegirl You should both try to make it, it'll be fantastic!!
March 11th, 2005 11:05 AM
Irresistible-Lady Ik ga echt m'n best doen!
March 11th, 2005 11:59 AM
magicwoman hee doos je moet hier engels praten niet nederlands hahah
March 11th, 2005 12:09 PM
voodoopug
quote:
magicwoman wrote:
hee doos je moet hier engels praten niet nederlands hahah

Best of luck guys!
March 12th, 2005 10:37 AM
Mathijs Thanks!

Mathijs
March 13th, 2005 05:44 AM
Irresistible-Lady Graag gedaan!
March 13th, 2005 07:01 AM
glencar It seems stupid to give up on a tribute band right before the real band releases a new album & starts up a final tour...
March 13th, 2005 09:26 AM
duijf @Glencar
It might seem stupid, but I feel it's not. We're not in it for the money, the fame or succes. We play in this band to have fun and play great songs. After a few great years it's time to start something new.

It's been a wild ride.

Duijf (singer)
March 13th, 2005 10:13 AM
magicwoman21 sounds great.I'll come and watch the show.
Great story angie!!
[Edited by magicwoman21]
[Edited by magicwoman21]
March 14th, 2005 08:13 AM
Moonisup that's gonne be a great gig, if you're able to make it, you should go

Rik
March 14th, 2005 08:25 AM
Irresistible-Lady We try..he Moon is Up hoe is het met jou?
March 14th, 2005 08:35 AM
Moonisup I'm doing fine Thanks!
How are you these days?
March 14th, 2005 08:40 AM
Irresistible-Lady i'm also fine thx..
March 14th, 2005 01:10 PM
Jacques Hi
I knew they wanted to make a new band.
It's a shame because FTS are very good for RS tribute but GOOD LUCK to them.

I got a nice CD of them, you can get it they are very kind when you write them.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood