ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Panamá City Airport, Panamá - 2001
© From the Cucho Peñaloza Archives!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie's band line up for Sunday Night Return to archive
March 10th, 2005 07:09 PM
Gazza thanks to Stonesdoug for the info:

Ronnie's core band will consist of :

Guitar - Mark Collins (Charlatans)
Keyboards - Ian McLagan
Drums - Kenney Jones
Bass - Darryl Jones
Percussion - Ray Cooper
Vocals - Bernard Fowler, Andrea Corr, Leah Wood, Beverley Knight

Hopefully we'll have some extra special guests!
March 10th, 2005 07:25 PM
Bloozehound are you gonna be allowed to take pictures there, gazza?
March 10th, 2005 07:43 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Great line up... Holy shit I'm gonna miss it
March 10th, 2005 08:23 PM
parmeda Gazza, if Darryl Jones was in front of me right now, I'd slap him!

I listened to the radio interview he did Tuesday evening...these guys tried EVERYTHING to pump ANY information out of him [Stones-wise]...and he wouldn't say ANYTHING!

At the very least, he could have mentioned Ronnie's gig, no? WTF?
March 10th, 2005 08:47 PM
Gazza
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
are you gonna be allowed to take pictures there, gazza?

I dont think thats ever the case these days, is it?

I'm not bothering myself as I've only pretty a basic camera but I'm sure there'll be enough fans there with good equipment - plus it could be on the wire as well pretty soon afterwards
March 10th, 2005 09:30 PM
Soldatti Have a nice show.
PS: We want pics Gazza!
March 10th, 2005 09:40 PM
Madafaka We want the boot!
March 10th, 2005 10:50 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I dont think thats ever the case these days, is it?

I'm not bothering myself as I've only pretty a basic camera but I'm sure there'll be enough fans there with good equipment - plus it could be on the wire as well pretty soon afterwards

yeah, wasn't sure what kinda venue they're playing in, guess I was just going off personal experience, some venues around my neck on the woods are kinda uptight about bringing in cameras, not that ever stops anyone anyways, can't wait to hear this when it come out on the EZtree, hope there's some "surprise" guests

doubt you'll hear him sing, but that Ian McLagan does a wicked Rod the Mod impersonation, last time I saw the Bump band I couldn't get Cindy Incidentally outta my head for days
March 10th, 2005 11:20 PM
Zack Too cool! Enjoy the show, Gazza.
March 11th, 2005 03:15 AM
Jumacfly Great line up!!
we want the bootleg!!
enjoy the show Gazza!!
March 11th, 2005 04:40 AM
Gazza I know of two people who are planning to record it (I have tickets for them both, so they'd better ;-) )

so hopefully it'll be available soon in some form
March 11th, 2005 04:49 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I know of two people who are planning to record it (I have tickets for them both, so they'd better ;-) )

great news!!
have you got an idea of the songs they will perform??
March 11th, 2005 06:55 AM
Gazza I doubt if even Ronnie himself knows!

as long as he knows what the songs they are WHILE he's playing them, thats the main thing!
March 11th, 2005 07:04 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I doubt if even Ronnie himself knows!

as long as he knows what the songs they are WHILE he's playing them, thats the main thing!

LOL Gazza, you re right, let's hope Ronnie will be clean on sunday!! and "on fire" too!!
March 11th, 2005 07:08 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:
thanks to Stonesdoug for the info:

Ronnie's core band will consist of :

Guitar - Mark Collins (Charlatans)
Keyboards - Ian McLagan
Drums - Kenney Jones
Bass - Darryl Jones
Percussion - Ray Cooper
Vocals - Bernard Fowler, Andrea Corr, Leah Wood, Beverley Knight

Hopefully we'll have some extra special guests!

Jealous, jealous, jealous, jealous, jealous
Go have a great time - we're expecting a full report, packed with pictures (and don't forget Ian!) plus the bootleg.
March 11th, 2005 08:10 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I know of two people who are planning to record it (I have tickets for them both, so they'd better ;-) )

Yeeeeeah! I hope you have an excellent show, Gary!
Does somebody has the intention to send SMS with the setlist during the concert?
"Rocks Off informs first!"
March 11th, 2005 08:15 AM
Gazza I could, but I'll be next to someone who's taping it so dont wanna be distracted too much

I could phone in a setlist to someone afterwards (ideally in the UK), I suppose and they could post it - at that tiem I would be able to give info on whether there were any extra musicians

When the Stones tour comes around again, we intend to do the same what we did for the European tour last time - ie get the setlists phoned in immediately after (or during) each show. (in at least two cases, we had the setlist online BEFORE the show started!!)

It'll be up to the Americans to phone each other on the first part of the tour though as with the time difference I'll be asleep by the time the shows finish!

[Edited by Gazza]
March 11th, 2005 08:44 AM
patriceg As seen on www.raysgigs.com :

This Rod " will he turn up or not " Stewart at The Ronnie Wood event has taken another twist as a good pal of mine has been speaking to keyboard player Ian McLagan who has said Rod is NOT doing anything for the show . Although he has not been confirmed as yet it seems certain to me that Rod Stewart will be turning up for a long overdue Faces reunion on Mar 13 at The Drury Lane Theatre . Rod is currently in London and he has no live shows booked until the week after The Ronnie Wood And Friends gig
March 11th, 2005 08:52 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
patriceg wrote:
As seen on www.raysgigs.com :

This Rod " will he turn up or not " Stewart at The Ronnie Wood event has taken another twist as a good pal of mine has been speaking to keyboard player Ian McLagan who has said Rod is NOT doing anything for the show . Although he has not been confirmed as yet it seems certain to me that Rod Stewart will be turning up for a long overdue Faces reunion on Mar 13 at The Drury Lane Theatre . Rod is currently in London and he has no live shows booked until the week after The Ronnie Wood And Friends gig

OMG!!!!! a Faces reunion!!
March 11th, 2005 09:02 AM
Gazza yeah, but who is this 'Ray'? It just looks like an ordinary guy's personal home page and he's just making an assumption based on Rod's lack of concerts around that time.

While its clear from his official site that this tour doesnt resume until late next week in Canada, Rod is due to be in New York on Monday night to act as an inductee for the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony. I've read elsewhere that he'd already made plans to fly out on the Sunday - before this show was announced

That would make it a bit of a tight schedule for him if he were to fly out on Monday.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think Rod will be at this show.
March 11th, 2005 10:40 AM
T&A
quote:
Gazza wrote:

It'll be up to the Americans to phone each other on the first part of the tour though as with the time difference I'll be asleep by the time the shows finish!

[Edited by Gazza]

Aye-Aye, Captain! American reporting for duty!
March 11th, 2005 10:49 AM
Gazza well..thats the Californian part of the tour taken care of, already!
March 11th, 2005 06:43 PM
Soldatti The line up is good, I will be a great show.
March 12th, 2005 02:19 AM
littleredrooster Hope that there are special guests a plenty!!
Enjoy the show!
March 12th, 2005 10:39 AM
rogerriffin Gazza join it!!!

And of course, share with us the Boooooootleeeeeeeeeeegggggggg!!!!!!!!
March 12th, 2005 12:12 PM
patriceg About Ray
He's just saying that he THINKS that Rod will be at the show.
But according to one of his friend ROD WILL NOT COME TO THE SHOW.
sorry if it seems a little bit confusing.

March 12th, 2005 04:20 PM
JaggerLips How did people manage to get tickets to this??????????????????????
March 12th, 2005 06:05 PM
Hannalee Does anyone know for certain that Ron & co will be on stage around 7:30? That there is no supporting act, I mean?
March 12th, 2005 07:30 PM
Gazza
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:
How did people manage to get tickets to this??????????????????????

they were on public sale

there was also a pre-sale.

I put the info on this site as soon as they became available and it was "stickied" at the top of the page for about 5 days.

It wasnt that difficult. The show took about a day and half to sell out after the public sale started
March 13th, 2005 01:09 PM
Bruno Stone Would be great if they play I`m Losing You.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood