ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Panamá City Airport, Panamá - 2001
© From the Cucho Peñaloza Archives!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie Wood - London Pre-show get together (UPDATED INFO) Return to archive
March 6th, 2005 10:03 AM
Gazza

Ok..here goes..after making a few enquiries by phone, I've settled on the LOWLANDER CAFE, which is based at 36 Drury Lane and is about a ten minute walk from the venue, which is in Catherine Street.

They are open from midday to 10 pm Sunday. You will be able to get food in there if you wish, and they have an upstairs lounge which they will reserve for us - it should be perfectly adequate for 25-30 people which I think should be sufficient for what we need.

After having phoned a few places, it seems that because it's a Sunday, you won't get any bars opening late in Covent Garden after the show is over - it seems that most stop serving alcohol around 10 or 10.30. I've been advised to try the Leicester Square area (which is nearby) if anyone wants to go somewhere reasonably local to have a few drinks later on.

Here's the info you need :

Nearest Covent Garden

Maps :

wider area version here : http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=530379&y=181196&z=0&ar=Y

Telephone : 020 7379 7446
Address : 36 Drury Lane, WC2

restaurant guide : http://www.coventgardenlife.com/places.asp?PlaceID=243

[Edited by Gazza]
[Edited by Gazza]
March 6th, 2005 11:25 AM
LadyJane Have a great time, guys and gals!!

Looking forward to your reviews and lots of pics!!

Should be a great show!!

LJ.
March 6th, 2005 11:37 AM
Madafaka Enjoy that nite for me!
I'll be waiting some reviews.
March 6th, 2005 04:50 PM
Flairville Thanks for that Gazza, see you there!! What time approximately is everyone gonna meet??
March 6th, 2005 05:29 PM
Gazza Well, I'll probably be there from mid afternoon I'd imagine. My hotel is just up the street (didnt realise that until after I chose this place!)

I guess everyone has their own plans and schedules for that day and will just show up at whatever time suits them, but it would be nice if more people got there quite early so it'll give us time to hang out.

The show is at 7.30. The manager of the Lowlander told me that the Theatre Royal is about 5-10 minutes walk away but that we should allow about 20 minutes when leaving, to get out, queue, get seated at the venue etc.
March 8th, 2005 01:51 PM
Gazza I now have an extra ticket for this show, which will go at face value (including service charges) to the first person to contact me, either on here or by private e-mail - ([email protected])

I'll be making a separate post on the board elsewhere on the board but I'm duplicating it on this thread as it'll remain at the top of the board for another few days.
March 8th, 2005 09:43 PM
Gazza ticket is now sold
March 10th, 2005 10:58 AM
christijanus shit too late, only by 2 days
[Edited by christijanus]
March 10th, 2005 11:02 AM
Gazza sorry mate. I posted the ad. on here (separately as well as on this thread), IORR and Shidoobee

You might get one on the night if you come along. Who knows?
March 11th, 2005 05:02 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
sorry mate. I posted the ad. on here (separately as well as on this thread), IORR and Shidoobee

You might get one on the night if you come along. Who knows?

have a great time guys....enjoy!
March 12th, 2005 11:07 AM
Flairville Getting into London about 3pm. see you all in the pub, and the hotel! can't wait now!!
March 12th, 2005 01:17 PM
christijanus Yeah have a great time!
March 13th, 2005 02:45 PM
kath what fun!!!!!!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood