ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Panamá City Airport, Panamá - 2001
© From the Cucho Peñaloza Archives!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Baltimore 11-26-69 NEW SOURCE torrent Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
February 24th, 2005 11:11 AM
jpenn11 Thanks Andy, that's very helpful.

How do you listen to your flac files? Foobar2000 on your computer? Stereo system?

I realize there are FAQs, but these usually assume a lot and I'm curious what methods active listeners are using.

February 24th, 2005 01:19 PM
Andy L
quote:
jpenn11 wrote:
Thanks Andy, that's very helpful.

How do you listen to your flac files? Foobar2000 on your computer? Stereo system?

I realize there are FAQs, but these usually assume a lot and I'm curious what methods active listeners are using.

No problem, glad I could help

I listen to all my music using Foobar2000 on my computer. All the music I download is backed up onto DVD+R, but I keep my favourite shows on hard disk too.
February 24th, 2005 07:44 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
If you use burnatonce to burn a flac file to a CD, won't the CD have a compressed flac file?

no - burnatonce converts flac to wav on the fly - just make sure you have enough disc space to handle a CD (700+mb)...

fb2k will play shn and flac files natively, if you have the plugin. if you download the "special version" of fb2k, you will have all the plugins you need...

i hope this helps.
February 24th, 2005 08:36 PM
jpenn11 Thanks--got it!
February 25th, 2005 04:15 PM
kath i have no idea what you guys are talking about, but somebody send me a copy!!!
February 28th, 2005 09:36 AM
jpenn11 OK, burnatonce seems to go from flac to wav. Will it or something else burn directly from shn to wav? I could not find anything about shn on burnatonce.com, unless they are using another name for it.

Again, thanks for all the help.
[Edited by jpenn11]
March 4th, 2005 01:48 PM
GimmeExile What BitTorrent client does everyone here use?

Do we have any Mac users who do BitTorrent?
March 5th, 2005 07:54 AM
cabledogg2 I'm looking for some software to convert .SHN files to WAV. I found FLAC but no .SHN. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks..............(cabledogg2)
March 5th, 2005 05:15 PM
jpenn11 From mac_daddy:

How do I convert SHN >WAV?
Assuming that you have installed the multifrontend [of shn]correctly, and designated the location of shorten.exe...

Open the multifrontend.
Select the SHN files.
Select a location to save the files where you will have enough room (800 MB per CD).
Convert.

My question above is whether you can burn from .shn directly to .wav on a CD. Apparently, burnatonce does this.
March 5th, 2005 08:55 PM
mac_daddy
quote:

My question above is whether you can burn from .shn directly to .wav on a CD. Apparently, burnatonce does this.

yes, if you have the shn reader plugin...

what these plugins for bao do is that, upon compiling, they convert the flac/shn files to wav in a temp folder (which is why you have to have enough room), then the proggie burns the CD, and then dumps the temp files...

nero has shn and flac plugins, too (i think - i never use nero)
March 5th, 2005 09:27 PM
jpenn11 Sorry for the usual density: can I get the plug in through burnatonce or do I separately need to download the shn plug ins from shn?

So far, I've been seeding/leeching, but haven't burned anything yet . . .
March 6th, 2005 12:18 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
jpenn11 wrote:
Sorry for the usual density: can I get the plug in through burnatonce or do I separately need to download the shn plug ins from shn?

So far, I've been seeding/leeching, but haven't burned anything yet . . .

you have two options for archiving...

making CDs, or burning data cd-rs, and saving the flac/shn files as you download them. i archive to dvd-r. the computer i have attached to my hi-fi has a dvd drive, so i can play files from these via foobar (which i control via remote). and they are trade-ready.

otherwise, you can burn audio CDs that play in regular players. for this you will need a burning programburnatonce does this with flac, but for shn, you have to convert shn > wav using a program like mkwACT and then loading the wavs into your favorite burining program...

nero has plugins - i think there is a flac one, and i have never seen a shn one, but that doesnt mean it doesnt exist...

for what it is worth, i always convert to wav first, and then burn. that way i can verify the wav.md5s (provided the seeder includes them, and know that no errors happened during the shn/flac > wav process. i am anal like that.

i hope this helps.

_____

fyi - audio CD-Rs burned this way should NOT be re-flac'd/re-shn'd and reseeded via bit torrent.
March 6th, 2005 08:56 PM
jpenn11 That's great mac_daddy: now I get it.

March 10th, 2005 10:43 AM
J.J.Flash SHN and Flac can both be burned directly by Nero. You just need to download de Nero plugin for the specific format.

Hey guys, I heard that Rio 95 (Stones) is available by EZT. I can't find the link. Could anybody help me?

TIA
March 10th, 2005 10:53 AM
Gazza I found it under "Bucketful of water" by doing a search under "Maracana". It was uploaded 3 days ago - in two parts

See here

http://www.easytree.org/torrents-browse.php?search=maracana&cat=0
March 13th, 2005 01:34 PM
mac_daddy here is another "patch"

(ROLLING STONES 30.03.98 - 1998 NERVOUS BREAKDOWN - RESEED UPDATE)

______

BANNED from EZT: STONES 30.03.98 ARGENTINA 1998 NERVOUS BREAKDOWNSun, 13 Mar @ 09:11

A torrent has been banned from EZT.

Torrent: 32001
Title: STONES 30.03.98 ARGENTINA 1998 NERVOUS BREAKDOWN
Uploaded by: alienhelli
Banned by: EZT Moderator

Reason
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corrected version has been posted at:

http://www.easytree.org/torrents-details.php?id=32296
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page: 1 2 3
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood