ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Panamá City Airport, Panamá - 2001
© From the Cucho Peñaloza Archives!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Baltimore 11-26-69 NEW SOURCE torrent Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
February 3rd, 2005 08:32 AM
peterdv oops, shit for brains
i should have said , one of the few who can NOT use torrent or any other program hehe, stupid me,

thanks for the extra info Gazza,but i'm looking for a good old fashioned cdr trade :-)

thanks for anyone offering to trade this one
Peter
February 3rd, 2005 10:40 AM
Gazza drop me an e-mail and I'll be happy to help you out
February 5th, 2005 05:24 PM
rocky how to download baltimore 69..????? rocky
February 5th, 2005 06:25 PM
Gazza register on easytree and find the show in question (the link is posted earlier in this thread)

Easytree has a membership limit of 100,000 and thats pretty full at the minute but people do get kicked off for not sharing or for having an inactive account so keep checking back if youre unsuccessful and you should be able to register

To download it, youll need to download a torrent program on your PC - for example, Bit Tornado or Azareus
[Edited by Gazza]
February 5th, 2005 11:08 PM
rocky ok !thanks i will try ... rocky
February 6th, 2005 05:12 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
charlotte wrote:
Gazza, it's the way to go...I have downloaded many concerts via bittorrent

http://bittorrent.com/index.html

As somebody said here.... "if you ain't torrenting, you ain't happening".... dude...that bit torrent thing is as pleasing as having sex with a brunette and a red-haired simultaneously.......
February 6th, 2005 05:18 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
rocky wrote:
ok !thanks i will try ... rocky

First read some torrent FAQs and then get the best and easiest torrent client, AZUREUS. It's Java based. Simply visit its official website and you're done.

And my hints for source goes below:
http://www.easytree.org
http://www.everydayjones.com/BitTorrent/ (A MUST)
http://www.thetradersden.org

You are gonna fall in love...believe me.....thanks to Mac and many other bit torrent evangelists....I'm a happy motherfucker....
February 6th, 2005 08:18 PM
gustavobala fabio, my older guy(véião) sao sites de troca?

tem dois que naõ dá para cadastrar, não é?

let´s trade our cd´s, man...

we live near!

feliz carnaval proce!
February 7th, 2005 05:06 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
fabio, my older guy(véião) sao sites de troca?

tem dois que naõ dá para cadastrar, não é?

let´s trade our cd´s, man...

we live near!

feliz carnaval proce!

Easytree takes patience if you want to join the community. There is a limit size of regulars. Keep trying and you will get what you need

Para cadastrar no Easytree você precisa ter paciência meu velho, para conseguir se cadastrar. Há um limite de usuários. Continue tentando e você conseguirá tudo que quer.

On tradersden.org you can easily gain access and there are tons of bootlegs, not only Stones (as well as on the other links). Everydayjones is a must!!! First, visit AZUREUS website. Azureus is the best and easiest bit torrent client, the software that takes care of transfering those huge files.

No tradersden.org você consegue acesso facilmente e há uma infinidade de bootlegs, não apenas Stones (bem como os outros links). Everydayjones é demais, é PERFEITO. Primeiro, vá até o website oficial do AZUREUS, o programa que cuida de transferir esse arquivos enormes.

Diferentemente de MP3, que é um arquivo com perda de qualidade no som, essas comunidades de bit torrent disponibilizam através de seus usuários, bootlegs sem perda. Isso significa que você pode ter muito mais bootlegs, do que apenas fazendo o trading habitual via correio. Você não está pegando merda de MP3, mas sim arquivos sem perda (LOSSLESS). Isso torna completamente "original" o seu bootleg, podendo trocar depois via correio. Você baixa os arquivos, ao mesmo tempo que outro usuário que não tem a parte do arquivo que você tem, baixa de você, isso é bit torrrent, sua filosofia.

Espero que tenha entendido a minha explicação Gustavo. I hope you have understood my explanation Gustavo. But remember, FUCK OFF MP3 crap bullshit.......DON'T EVER CALL ME YOUR FUCKIN' DRUMMER, I mean... heheh.... DON'T EVER CONVERT THIS JEWELS TO MP3.

Just send me an e-mail and I can help you out starting with this thing that makes me happy day by day.
I'm awaiting.

Feliz Carnaval. And yeah, let's trade, I've finally bought a tube of CD-Rs.
February 7th, 2005 11:49 AM
Madafaka Fausto, what are you doing there? Get out to streets! Is Carnival outside!
BTW, please send me an e-mail when you can. I need to ask you something [email protected]
I don't know where I've put your e-mail address!
February 7th, 2005 07:23 PM
mac_daddy look at you guys - spewing info regarding bit torrent like the old pros that you are...

i am thrilled to see it!!!

this means that we can share so much more - what a wonderful development for our little community...
February 7th, 2005 11:36 PM
gustavobala thanxs a lot fausto...(and not fabio...lol)

but my older computer cannot memory from that...

but i do sign up...

thanxs a lot, send your trade list man

and the girls from BLACK RIVER?
February 8th, 2005 12:49 AM
Flavius Is bittorrent safe to use? I'm worried about those RIAA commies trying to sue me!

I'm all about the iPod dude!
[Edited by Flavius]
February 8th, 2005 05:39 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
look at you guys - spewing info regarding bit torrent like the old pros that you are...

i am thrilled to see it!!!

this means that we can share so much more - what a wonderful development for our little community...

What do you mean with "old pros" we are dear Daddy?!?

Hey, I always need to thank you man, I owe you something, this torrent stuff is heaven.....
February 8th, 2005 05:45 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Fausto, what are you doing there? Get out to streets! Is Carnival outside!
BTW, please send me an e-mail when you can. I need to ask you something [email protected]
I don't know where I've put your e-mail address!

Check your PM amigo.
February 8th, 2005 07:05 AM
Madafaka
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Check your PM amigo.

Thank you!
February 10th, 2005 05:21 AM
beer serious question:

Is this bit torrenting stuff safe, or is my computer gonna get AIDS?

a friend told me to avoid it( torrents).

can someone shed some light?

-
February 11th, 2005 08:35 AM
Gazza if you wear a condom while 'uploading' you should be safe!
February 11th, 2005 11:13 PM
beer Thanks Gazza! I'll also use a dental dam. And i'll pull out before my download is complete.

---

Wanna hear the Stones get murdered by a casio keyboard?

http://www.cifras.com.br/midis/9668.mid

http://www.cifras.com.br/midis/27593.mid

http://www.cifras.com.br/midis/9671.mid

http://www.cifras.com.br/midis/9678.mid

http://www.cifras.com.br/midis/27606.mid
February 12th, 2005 09:23 AM
mac_daddy tough use of a metaphor...

anyway, as for the malicious software issue ("malware"), there is a chance that something could be added to the non-WAV portions of the files (ie: the header)...

now, when i seed, i include md5 fingerprints AND shntool fingerprints. the latter fingerprints the wav data of WAV files (and should exactly correspond with ffp info, as that is precisely what the flac fingerprint is). that way you can tell, by looking, that the WAV files (the originally extracted ones, and the ones that you use burn audio CDs) and the FLAC files contain the EXACT same music...

ffp's and shntool fingerprints do nothing about the header info. md5s, on the otherhand, make a fingerprint of the entire file (WAV data + header info). if you change tag info on one song, that original md5 will fail. seeders who are sticklers for detail, like myself, will include both. when you download a seed of mine - you know that the files you downloaded are EXACTLY the same as the ones i seeded. so if anyone is sending you malware in files i originally seeded, the fingerprints would show it...

now you still have to trust me, or any other seeder, but in communities like ezt, people catch the issue extremely quickly, so the risk, while present, is not very high...

sorry for the long technical explanation, but there are too many folks that do not understand this stuff, and hopefully, our little neck of the bit torrent woods will continue to do things properly, which includes providing sufficient verification. Thusly, our risk of receiving malware, or files that are just plain bunk, is minimized...

on this note - a good number of the seeds at ezt are a mess. the filenames are all screwed up, there are assloads of DAE errors (usually by people that do not know how to properly use EAC). and NOBODY seems to include proper md5s and such. there is zero quality control over there, but there is a ton of good material. looking for the ffp/md5 info BEFORE you download, and crossreferencing it with what is in the database (hence the need for places like db.etree.org), will help you weed out the garbage, and focus on material that is as advertised...

remember, all the ffp file shows you on its own is that the flac files downloaded properly and completely (really that your flac files match the ones that were seeded). it is the inclusion of the shntool md5 info from the seeder (i put mine in the txt file) that shows you that the WAVs ripped from disc, and the flac files you have in your possession contain the exact same WAV data. md5s are a courtesy that hardly anybody extends anymore, which is too bad as they verify non-WAV info...

there you go... all you ever wanted to know about file verification

i hope this post is helpful and informative to some of you...

have a good weeken, y'all!
February 12th, 2005 05:09 PM
charlotte excellent advice Mac...I hope everyone will practice safe torrent
February 15th, 2005 08:31 AM
peterdv does anyone know if artwork on this new one is available ?
thanks
peter
February 16th, 2005 08:34 PM
midnightmagic Can some one give a step by step on how to use the torrent.
February 20th, 2005 10:29 AM
Gazza see Macdaddy's page http://macdaddys.gotdns.org/index.html
February 20th, 2005 02:46 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
see Macdaddy's page http://macdaddys.gotdns.org/index.html

ack!

i "upgraded" the server software a few weeks back, and it hasn't worked since hence, my site is currently down...

i am working on getting it back up (right now, actually). hopefully i should be back online sometime today...

if you are in a pinch, i can send the pages you are looking for as an attachment to an email (i did this for another esteemed RO member just the other day). so if you need to see these "how-to" pages immediately, send me a PM with your email address, and i will send you the pages as soon as i see the PM...

i hope this helps.
February 23rd, 2005 03:18 PM
voodoopug I have downloaded the .flak files, but am struggling to find a way to burn this onto a cd for me to play in my truck. Can someone really dumb it down for me as to what i need to do from this point?

Thanks,

VDP
February 23rd, 2005 03:47 PM
Gazza Install the burnatonce program from www.burnatonce.com

Once you have it installed , just go into that program and

1) click 'mastering', then 'audio files', then 'add files'.

2) open the file where you have the show and 'select' each individual track for burning

(if the icon is present which indicates there will be 2 second gaps between each track, remove it)

3) click 'compile' and just keep following the instructions as it writes and then burns your files to CD
February 23rd, 2005 05:40 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Install the burnatonce program from www.burnatonce.com

2) open the file where you have the show and 'select' each individual track for burning

(if the icon is present which indicates there will be 2 second gaps between each track, remove it)

3) click 'compile' and just keep following the instructions as it writes and then burns your files to CD

thanks, i will give it a shot
February 23rd, 2005 10:00 PM
jpenn11
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Install the burnatonce program from www.burnatonce.com

I'm new to this so I'd appreciate any help from the experts on addressing voodoopug's issue.

If you use burnatonce to burn a flac file to a CD, won't the CD have a compressed flac file? In that case, it presumably won't play in a truck unless there is a computer or hardware supporting foobar2000 or similar software that let's you listen to flac files.

If I'm correct (I'm presuming there are at least five errors in what I wrote above, but am forging ahead regardless), then how do you decompress a flac file? (macdaddy's instructions make clear that the shn multifrontend will do this for shn files, but I cannot file the flac file instructions.)

[Edited by jpenn11]
February 24th, 2005 04:21 AM
Andy L
quote:
jpenn11 wrote:

I'm new to this so I'd appreciate any help from the experts on addressing voodoopug's issue.

If you use burnatonce to burn a flac file to a CD, won't the CD have a compressed flac file? In that case, it presumably won't play in a truck unless there is a computer or hardware supporting foobar2000 or similar software that let's you listen to flac files.

If I'm correct (I'm presuming there are at least five errors in what I wrote above, but am forging ahead regardless), then how do you decompress a flac file? (macdaddy's instructions make clear that the shn multifrontend will do this for shn files, but I cannot file the flac file instructions.)

I've never used BurnAtOnce, but some (not all) programs will automatically decompress FLAC files (i.e. convert FLAC to WAV, which is used for audio CDs) if you set it up to burn as an audio CD. Looking at Gazza's instructions, BurnAtOnce has that capability.

If you want a separate program to decompress FLAC files, then download and install FLAC Frontend, add the files to the Frontend window and click Decode.
Page: 1 2 3
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood