ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Panamá City Airport, Panamá - 2001
© From the Cucho Peñaloza Archives!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Baltimore 11-26-69 NEW SOURCE torrent Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 29th, 2005 08:53 PM
TornAndFrayed A previously uncirculating source of the 11-26-69 show is currently being offered (not by me) at EZtorrent:

http://www.easytree.org/torrents-details.php?id=25307

Two incomplete audience recordings for this date are already available. Unfortunately, this new third source is also incomplete but it includes Street Fighting Man which is missing on the other ones.

I haven´t heard it, yet but I´m sure it´ll be amazing...

info:
Baltimore Civic Centre
November 26th 1969
New Source

Audience Recording
Conversion 1st gen>Pioneer Stand Alone>
EAC>WAV>FLAC
48min26seconds long

Set List
1.Jumpimg Jack Flash
2.Carol
3.Sympathy For The Devil > Hey Jude
4.Love In Vain
5.Under My Thumb > I'm Free cut
6.Midnight Rambler cut
7.Live With Me
8.Satisfaction
9.Honky Tonk Woman
10.Street Fighting Man
January 29th, 2005 09:00 PM
Water Dragon I was there and would prefer to have the B.B. King portion -He was superfine that night...Brian must have been smiling at just how fine an "opening act" the band had scored.

W.D.
January 29th, 2005 11:08 PM
mac_daddy i'm on it...
January 30th, 2005 09:18 AM
Water Dragon Thanks, mate! I would be much obliged...Please let me know the details!

W.D.
January 30th, 2005 10:01 AM
Mr Hess 'Love In Vain' from that show was the one used on 'Ya-Ya's'
January 31st, 2005 08:08 PM
mac_daddy listening now - sounds pretty good...

February 1st, 2005 03:27 AM
Water Dragon Uhh, Daddy Mac - Exactly what are you listening to in your warm little nest? The Stones or BB King? An inquiring mind would love to know!

Thanks,

W.D.
February 1st, 2005 07:58 AM
mac_daddy stones.

i have yet to hear a recording of the bb king, ike and tina, or chuck berry sets from that tour (i would love to, though)...

there was another guy who opened the gigs that i havent heard, either, but i dont care too much about him (i cant even remember his name)
February 1st, 2005 08:53 AM
TornAndFrayed
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
there was another guy who opened the gigs that i havent heard, either, but i dont care too much about him (i cant even remember his name)

Terry Reid, right?

Jimmy Page originally wanted him to be Led Zeppelin´s singer but Terry wasn´t interested and recommened Robert Plant instead. Opportunity lost.
February 1st, 2005 11:12 AM
jpenn11 Not aware of recordings from the Stones tour. Presumably, the attendees were saving the tapes for the Stones. I've not heard any of the recordings the Stones made for the "joint" opening act/Stones album and don't know whether they circulate.

As far as I know, BBK stuff from '69 consists of:

07/06/69 Newport Jazz Festival Newport RI
08/31/69 Texas International Pop Festival Dallas TX

But don't forget the famous:

B.B King and Friends
4-15-68
w/Jimi Hendrix, Paul Butterfield, Al Kooper & Others
Just Like a Rolling Stone
Blues Jam #1
Intros
Blues Jam #2
It's My Own Fault

But with folks like BB King, there is a lot of good official live stuff available.

February 1st, 2005 11:43 AM
Gazza I haven't mentioned this to my fellow admins, so I may be getting ahead of myself here, but by the time the tour comes around this year, I'd like to examine the possibility or feasibility of Rocks Off having a BitTorrent page.

I'm the first to confess a lot of the technobabble about it is over my head, but since I started downloading shows a couple of months ago, I've become completely addicted to it, even though I still havent figured out how to actually upload a new torrent myself. I know Jaxx is starting to get into it as well. Personally, I haven't used it to get many Stones shows (as I have almost all of the ones out there) although I got these newly circulated 1969 recordings, as I've been mostly getting a lot of Dylan shows, such as those from the most recent tour plus the newly circulating 1993 soundboards (40 of them!!). It's a fantastic system, I've had shows downloaded often within a day or two of them actually taking place.

We didnt do many 'trees' and didnt do any permavines on here prior to the Licks tour, but I think it's obvious that this is THE way to distribute shows in the future - and you don't have to rely on the mail or the quick turnaround of your allocated branch to get discs out to you this way.

there are obviously a few of you, such as Macdaddy and Torn & Frayed etc, who have been at this game a lot longer than I have and who actually know what they're talking about. Any feedback from you or anyone on how practical this may or not be would be welcome.
February 1st, 2005 12:25 PM
charlotte Gazza, it's the way to go...I have downloaded many concerts via bittorrent

http://bittorrent.com/index.html
February 1st, 2005 12:31 PM
throbby Hey Gazza! I think that is a great idea! Sharing the music!

As I'm sure you know there's a Zep site where they share the music via bit torrent, www.royal-orleans.com

Maybe something similar could be done here on RO.

I've yet to figure out the uploading procedure either, but maybe Macdaddy can give us some help.

Hey Macdaddy! I read in one of your posts back in June about bit torrent and I've been meaning to thank you. Thanks for the turn on!

February 1st, 2005 12:33 PM
Lazy Bones An excellent idea, Gazza. Perhaps I'll lose my jitters and take that courageous step towards something that I'd love to learn how to do!

Having more fellow Rocks Offers working towards the same downloads will be a good troubleshooting stepping stone for myself and others.

Recommended programs and faq's would certainly be welcomed from this minor...
February 1st, 2005 12:35 PM
charlotte

This is a how-to for making files publicly available via BitTorrent, and it's primarily written for people running Windows. But even if you're not running Windows, the steps you need to do are quite similar, and you can find further instructions in README.txt in the source distribution.

Get a tracker

You need a tracker for downloaders to be able to find each other. Because of this central role, a tracker should be on a very reliable Internet connection. Therefore it's strongly recommended that you use a tracker running on a stable server system (as opposed to your unstable Windows desktop system).

Everyone else making files available via BitTorrent is using a tracker, and a single tracker can handle a huge number of files with very little load. So you could ask others for the URL of their trackers. (Tracker URL is contained in .torrent files.) However, you should never use anyone's tracker without the owner's permission. That would be intrusive, for the least.

If you want to set up your own tracker, follow the instructions in the README.txt in the source distribution.

Get a web server

Any web server will do, but you must associate the extension .torrent with the mimetype application/x-bittorrent. You should ask your web server's administrator to set it up.

If you are the web server administrator, either add the line

AddType application/x-bittorrent .torrent

To httpd.conf, or

application/x-bittorrent .torrent

to mime.types.

Make the .torrent files

Download and install CompleteDir from the download page. It will install under Start > All Programs > CompleteDir.

Next, take all the files you would like to make .torrent's for and put them in a single directory. If there's a whole directory you'd like to make a single .torrent for, make it a subdirectory. If you only want to make a .torrent of one file, put it in a directory by itself.

Then run CompleteDir. Click on 'Select' and select the directory which you put all the files in. Enter the URL of the tracker you're using in the 'Announce URL' field. You can leave the piece size at the default value. (Smaller piece sizes cause better performance, but make bigger .torrent files.)

Click 'Make' and .torrent files will be created. For a file named spam, a file named spam.torrent will be created.

If you want to create more .torrent files, you don't have to remove the old ones, just add the new files to the directory and click 'Make' again. CompleteDir checks for existing .torrent's and doesn't regenerate them.

Put the .torrent files on your web server

Do this however you normally put files on your web server, for .torrent files are just ordinary static files.

Install BitTorrent on your machine

Given that you're reading this you've probably installed BitTorrent already, but if not get it from the download page.

Start a complete downloader

For people to be able to download it is necessary that there be at least one downloader which has everything to begin with. Enter the URL you put the .torrent file at into your web browser, and select the complete local file (or directory) as the location to save to. After checking that the integrity of the file(s), the downloader will report that the download has succeeded, and wait for peers to upload to.

If there are multiple files you'd like to distribute, and they're not grouped into a single .torrent, you have to start a separate downloader for each .torrent file.

It is essential that your complete downloader be able to receive incoming connections. If you're behind a firewall or NAT, you should forward ports 6881 through 6889 to your machine. (The first downloader uses 6881, the next 6882, etc. The range is configurable.)

Link to the .torrent file

You can link to the .torrent file using an ordinary hyperlink. Sending the URL in email also works.

Have fun!
February 1st, 2005 12:36 PM
charlotte http://www.grouper.com/
February 1st, 2005 12:48 PM
throbby Gazza, if I may be so bold. I'm thinking you should sticky this bit torrent thread.

http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html
[Edited by throbby]
February 1st, 2005 02:45 PM
charlotte R S Birmingham Odeon.torrent (will be personalized for you upon download)
Downloads as R S Birmingham Odeon
Info hash 6ec30ad2800833519deb9e21adec435ca0728272
Description The Rolling Stones - Birmingham Odeon 9-19-73 Aud Flac
CDR-EAC-Flac

This is another one of my favorets from the 73 Tour, which
I traded from a few yr bk. it's copyed from silver disk, which
I guess it'ld make it second gen.
Enjoy.........

the below info is from Bootlegzone.
Reviews
Review by: Chris Gilmore, [email protected] On 03 Jun 2000
An excellent audience reording,and a very spirited performance by the Stones. A bit rawer sounding than the Brussels/London soundboards,but I like it a little better that way. A very strange rendition of Jumpin' Jack Flash. It took me almost two years of hunting for it and I'm glad I finally have it. A keeper for your collection!
Review by: Georges TORTEROLO On 26 Sep 2003 at 16:25 CET
Very goog audience recording, very good performance, but runs a little too fast.
Review by: danner On 01 Apr 2004 at 02:49 CET
I agree with the other two. Very good sound for a audience recording. Good show and a good choice for live collectors

The Rolling Stones
Birmingham,Odeon Theatre
, UK 9/19/73

1. Brown Sugar (Jagger/Richards)
4:40
2. Gimme Shelter (Jagger/Richards)
5:34
3. Happy (Jagger/Richards)
3:22
4. Tumbling Dice (Jagger/Richards)
5. Star Star (Starfucker) (Jagger/Richards)
4:29
6. Dancing With Mr. D (Jagger/Richards)
4:52
7. Angie (Jagger/Richards)
5:30
8. You Can't Always Get What You Want (Jagger/Richards)
9:15
9. Midnight Rambler (Jagger/Richards)
11:51
10. Honky Tonk Women (Jagger/Richards)
3:23
11. All Down The Line (Jagger/Richards)
4:22
12. Rip This Joint (Jagger/Richards)
2:10
13. Jumping Jack Flash (Jagger/Richards)
3:28
14. Street Fighting Man (Jagger/Richards)
5:26
Info file View Info file (1.71 KB)
Category Rock
Last seeder Last activity 0:14 ago
Size 458.96 MB (481,253,713 bytes)
Rating
rating: 5.0/ 5 (5.0 out of 5 with 1 vote(s) total)
Added Tue 01st Feb, 2005 00:36 GMT
Views 481
Hits 164
Snatched 57 time(s)
Upped by hombre
Num files
[See full list] 20 files
Peers
[See full list] 29 seeder(s), 17 leecher(s) = 46 peer(s) total
February 1st, 2005 05:46 PM
Gazza
quote:
throbby wrote:
Gazza, if I may be so bold. I'm thinking you should sticky this bit torrent thread.

http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html
[Edited by throbby]

you may be. Consider it done. I'll keep this stickied for a while. So, keep the feedback and ideas comin'.

if I'm right in thinking this, any webspace taken up in having a BitTorrent page on here would be minimal as we'd only be hosting links to a tracker, right?

Gerardo/Jaxx - what do you think? Practical or not?
[Edited by Gazza]
February 1st, 2005 07:11 PM
mac_daddy wa-hoo!!!

you know i have been pushing this for a long time...

gazza, you are correct - the bandwidth is minimal, but it can still add up. i dont know what kind of bandwidth you all have per month...

when the whole BT thing began, i set up a tracker on my own home network, and seeded uncirculated jerry garcia shows, one per week, for over a year...

then the dylan crowd caught on, and then the zep crowd [royal-orleans is closed, permanently (i think), btw]

there are a number of ways we can do it for the next tour...

one would be a ro tracker, and one would be to use an existing tracker (ezt and ttd come to mind)...

and i think it would be a fabulous idea...

i am thrilled to see this dialogue happening here - i have been hoping that it would for quite some time...

not only is it efficient, but it elimates the errors caused by standalone burners and DAE (which is the big thing for me)...

for the immediate future, if you are interested in making torrents, PM me, and i can help more specifically on a sace by case basis...

to this end, i was hoping that a few would pick up the torrents i am making from t&a's cassettes and vine/tree them here. that hasnt happened yet, which is why i am releasing them slowly. in fact i am thinking i will re-seed the first one (10/14/1981) over at ezt first, and see what kind of response they get there - ttd is still not very well known, but their focus is on quality, so in the long run, that is going to be the place (i think) to find material...

February 1st, 2005 07:12 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
charlotte wrote:
R S Birmingham Odeon.torrent (will be personalized for you upon download)
Downloads as R S Birmingham Odeon
Info hash 6ec30ad2800833519deb9e21adec435ca0728272
Description The Rolling Stones - Birmingham Odeon 9-19-73 Aud Flac
CDR-EAC-Flac

This is another one of my favorets from the 73 Tour, which
I traded from a few yr bk. it's copyed from silver disk, which
I guess it'ld make it second gen.
Enjoy.........

the below info is from Bootlegzone.
Reviews
Review by: Chris Gilmore, [email protected] On 03 Jun 2000
An excellent audience reording,and a very spirited performance by the Stones. A bit rawer sounding than the Brussels/London soundboards,but I like it a little better that way. A very strange rendition of Jumpin' Jack Flash. It took me almost two years of hunting for it and I'm glad I finally have it. A keeper for your collection!
Review by: Georges TORTEROLO On 26 Sep 2003 at 16:25 CET
Very goog audience recording, very good performance, but runs a little too fast.
Review by: danner On 01 Apr 2004 at 02:49 CET
I agree with the other two. Very good sound for a audience recording. Good show and a good choice for live collectors

The Rolling Stones
Birmingham,Odeon Theatre
, UK 9/19/73

1. Brown Sugar (Jagger/Richards)
2. Gimme Shelter (Jagger/Richards)
5:34
3. Happy (Jagger/Richards)
3:22
4. Tumbling Dice (Jagger/Richards)
5. Star Star (Starfucker) (Jagger/Richards)
4:29
6. Dancing With Mr. D (Jagger/Richards)
4:52
7. Angie (Jagger/Richards)
5:30
8. You Can't Always Get What You Want (Jagger/Richards)
9:15
9. Midnight Rambler (Jagger/Richards)
11:51
10. Honky Tonk Women (Jagger/Richards)
3:23
11. All Down The Line (Jagger/Richards)
4:22
12. Rip This Joint (Jagger/Richards)
2:10
13. Jumping Jack Flash (Jagger/Richards)
3:28
14. Street Fighting Man (Jagger/Richards)
5:26
Info file View Info file (1.71 KB)
Category Rock
Last seeder Last activity 0:14 ago
Size 458.96 MB (481,253,713 bytes)
Rating
rating: 5.0/ 5 (5.0 out of 5 with 1 vote(s) total)
Added Tue 01st Feb, 2005 00:36 GMT
Views 481
Hits 164
Snatched 57 time(s)
Upped by hombre
Num files
[See full list] 20 files
Peers
[See full list] 29 seeder(s), 17 leecher(s) = 46 peer(s) total

charolette - can you post a link to the torrent - ezt is a mess, and it is very difficult to keep up with nowadays. many thanks...
February 1st, 2005 07:14 PM
charlotte here it is mac...
http://www.easytree.org/torrents-details.php?id=25756

February 1st, 2005 07:45 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
charlotte wrote:
here it is mac...
http://www.easytree.org/torrents-details.php?id=25756

you're the best! thanks.
February 1st, 2005 09:53 PM
jpenn11 At the time it came out, I think Birmingham Odeon was supposed to be the best audience recording of the tour (not necessarily the best perf).

Unfortunately, some of us are stuck behind firewalls and peer-to-peer prohibitions . . .
February 1st, 2005 10:01 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
jpenn11 wrote:
At the time it came out, I think Birmingham Odeon was supposed to be the best audience recording of the tour (not necessarily the best perf).

Unfortunately, some of us are stuck behind firewalls and peer-to-peer prohibitions . . .

there are ways around that stuff...
February 2nd, 2005 07:15 AM
Factory Girl In the midst of bits and torrents, is the B'more show being treed???

TIA!
February 2nd, 2005 08:57 AM
peterdv returning to the issue of the subject

can anyone mail my for a pvt trade on this news source as i am one of the few (??) who can use torrent and other stuff

thanks
Peter
February 2nd, 2005 08:21 PM
Gazza
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
then the dylan crowd caught on, and then the zep crowd [royal-orleans is closed, permanently (i think), btw]

theres a new Led Zep one here :

http://www.createphpbb.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=lucasweb
February 2nd, 2005 08:25 PM
Gazza
quote:
peterdv wrote:
returning to the issue of the subject

can anyone mail my for a pvt trade on this news source as i am one of the few (??) who can use torrent and other stuff

thanks
Peter

Peter

if you can use torrents, why not just download the show?

Baltimore '69 can be found here :
http://www.easytree.org/torrents-details.php?id=25307

MSG 27.11.69 :
http://www.easytree.org/torrents-details.php?id=24779

[Edited by Gazza]
February 2nd, 2005 11:14 PM
mac_daddy is that the "oh my ears" board - i have seen that, and it is a great resource...

but the royal-orleans "presence" tracker is down for good, i believe...

Page: 1 2 3
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood