ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1969 Robert Altman with thanks to Gypsy!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: YOUR MOST EMBARRASINGLY MISHEARD STONES LYRIC Return to archive Page: 1 2
15th March 2007 07:46 AM
TALK IS CHEAP Are there any lines from Stones songs that you used to think said something else totally different and then were embarrassed sh*tless when you discovered the actual words??
I'm being brave admitting this one....so....do the same and forget how stupid you felt on the moment of realisation and admit it!!! Go on! Join the 'kiss this guy' club!!
In "Bitch" (from "Sticky fingers" of course) I used to think Mick was addressing one other certain other Stones member about what he uses to play his instrument with.
I thought it was "Yeah you got the fix and Charlie you got the sticks..." ..oh dear, oh dear...there's MY eviction from credibility street. Very not cool.
If you think this is inexcusable, pay a visit to "kissthisguy.com - the archive of misheard lyrics" where people shamelessly admit their musical buffoonery.
My thanks go out to the guy who admitted he'd heard the Beatles "a day in the life" as "..Now they know how many holes it takes to feel the alcohol..." - I thought that was hilarious.
15th March 2007 08:19 AM
oldkr 'glencar is cool' , but the song actually goes, 'still a fool' 'he's a certified fool' at that!

OLDKR
15th March 2007 11:13 AM
gimmekeef In Tumblin Dice....."dont jews ever frown"?.....lmao
15th March 2007 11:56 AM
egon "where can i have my cock sucked?"

cocksucker blues
15th March 2007 01:18 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
egon wrote:
"where can i have my cock sucked?"

cocksucker blues

LMAO!!! Isn't that the lyric, egon?!!!!!

I nearly choked to death on my burrito
15th March 2007 01:37 PM
glencar
quote:
oldkr wrote:
'glencar is cool' , but the song actually goes, 'still a fool' 'he's a certified fool' at that!

OLDKR

Wow, yer superbitchy!
15th March 2007 01:54 PM
glencar BTW Back on topic...

Little Queenie...I swear I hear Blow blow blow but I learned later it was go, go, go
[Edited by glencar]
15th March 2007 02:18 PM
luxury1 "whoa, it's just a shout away" (I still sing it that way...)
15th March 2007 02:40 PM
fireontheplatter mad bull lost his way

and i always thought he was singing....mad dog thats lost his way.

perhaps not that funny..i have more i think, but i have brain freeze.

i love the one above........don't jews ever frown.....
that is so freaking funny...#1 thus far.
15th March 2007 02:48 PM
Collinstephens From You Can't Always Get What You Want, "we decided that we would have a sword fight" when it is actually "we decided that we would have a soda"
15th March 2007 02:50 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Collinstephens wrote:
From You Can't Always Get What You Want, "we decided that we would have a sword fight" when it is actually "we decided that we would have a soda"

LOL!!! tea just shot out my nose!
15th March 2007 03:32 PM
fireontheplatter this is the best topic ever

i love it......

thank you thinking of it
15th March 2007 03:35 PM
Starbuck "i don't wanna walk and talk about PDog...i just wanna reach 60 K"
15th March 2007 03:40 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
"i don't wanna walk and talk about PDog...i just wanna reach 60 K"

thats what the D Dawgs call "P-O-S-T-I-N"!!!!!!
15th March 2007 03:41 PM
Highwire Rob Everywhere I hear the sound of marching, charging feet, boy...

Before I knew the lyrics [a long time ago] I honestly thought that the line was a kiss-off to the Beatles for featuring the Stones a year earlier as a limp dolly on the Sgt. Pepper's album cover:

Everywhere I hear the sound of Paul, John, George, and Ringo...

Come on, that would have made quite a line don't you think? Mick's enunciation ain't too hot on Street Fightin' Man but hey, we wouldn't have that rock anthem any other way!
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
15th March 2007 04:26 PM
Starbuck peter pace: "i'd much rather be with the gays"
15th March 2007 04:30 PM
Starbuck noam chomsky: sister morpheme
15th March 2007 05:48 PM
glencar
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
peter pace: "i'd much rather be with the gays"

Nothing but net!
15th March 2007 06:19 PM
mac_daddy i used to think "i was raised by a toothless, bearded hag" was "i was raised by two lesbian hags."

15th March 2007 07:04 PM
pdog
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
"i don't wanna walk and talk about PDog...i just wanna reach 60 K"

Starbuck a star, buck a star, yes you are!
15th March 2007 08:24 PM
Jethrostone
quote:
TALK IS CHEAP wrote:
Are there any lines from Stones songs that you used to think said something else totally different and then were embarrassed sh*tless when you discovered the actual words??
I'm being brave admitting this one....so....do the same and forget how stupid you felt on the moment of realisation and admit it!!! Go on! Join the 'kiss this guy' club!!
In "Bitch" (from "Sticky fingers" of course) I used to think Mick was addressing one other certain other Stones member about what he uses to play his instrument with.
I thought it was "Yeah you got the fix and Charlie you got the sticks..." ..oh dear, oh dear...there's MY eviction from credibility street. Very not cool.
If you think this is inexcusable, pay a visit to "kissthisguy.com - the archive of misheard lyrics" where people shamelessly admit their musical buffoonery.
My thanks go out to the guy who admitted he'd heard the Beatles "a day in the life" as "..Now they know how many holes it takes to feel the alcohol..." - I thought that was hilarious.

LOL. Another good site is www.amiright.com
15th March 2007 08:25 PM
Jethrostone
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
i used to think "i was raised by a toothless, bearded hag" was "i was raised by two lesbian hags."

That's funny!
15th March 2007 08:26 PM
Jethrostone On of the greatest misheard Stones lyrics has to be

I'll never be leave your pizza burning

LOL
15th March 2007 08:30 PM
Jethrostone Funny one from AmIRight

Rolling Stones', "Angie"

Misheard Lyrics:
Oh hand job
Oh hand job!

Original Lyrics:
Oh Angie
Angie!
15th March 2007 08:34 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Jethrostone wrote:
On of the greatest misheard Stones lyrics has to be

I'll never be leave your pizza burning

LOL

this is an oldie....
i heard this from a gal i used to go out with during the btb tour.

very funny ......
15th March 2007 08:37 PM
fireontheplatter don't jews ever cry
and
we decided we would have a sword fight

i think are the funniest so far.

good god you people crack me up
15th March 2007 08:53 PM
texile i still don't know HALF the words in the pre-printed lyrics stones era.
but 'suck a duck' is a favorite.
15th March 2007 10:02 PM
BlindedByRainbows. On Let it Loose

Could you justify it to my mother

&

Beat off ready to chew

Lmao.
15th March 2007 10:40 PM
glencar I thought the 1st line in Let It Loose was "Who's that woman on the phone?"
16th March 2007 12:15 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Don't need no jews in my town
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)