ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1969 Robert Altman with thanks to Gypsy!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Nijmegen June 7 2007 !!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
15th March 2007 02:54 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
Actually, my sister & her family went to Niemegen for some reason. Is there an old university there?

There's a university in Nijmegen, yes, but it's young, founded in 1923, one of the youngest universities in the Netherlands. The one in my own city, Leiden, is the oldest one of the country, founded in 1575. Universities Sorbonne and Oxford and some others (Cologne) are a few hundred years older than that even.
15th March 2007 02:56 PM
Saint Sway Angie, towards the end of last year I predicted they would build a university in Nijmegen in the 1920s
15th March 2007 02:59 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Angie, towards the end of last year I predicted they would build a university in Nijmegen in the 1920s

Like I knew you would. Seers don't escape their destiny and duty to the world.
15th March 2007 03:02 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

There's a university in Nijmegen, yes, but it's young, founded in 1923, one of the youngest universities in the Netherlands. The one in my own city, Leiden, is the oldest one of the country, founded in 1575. Universities Sorbonne and Oxford and some others (Cologne) are a few hundred years older than that even.

1923? So it's old.
15th March 2007 03:04 PM
Angiegirl Compared to us it is.
15th March 2007 03:06 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Like I knew you would. Seers don't escape their destiny and duty to the world.

I don't question my gift. I consider it a blessing.

btw, I recently had a premonition that you would have your picture taken with Bernard and it would come out very beautiful.
15th March 2007 03:11 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Compared to us it is.

32. Almost 33.
15th March 2007 03:13 PM
jb The seer sucker suit is coming back big this summer..Look for it by Etro and Jack Victor.
15th March 2007 03:24 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
The seer sucker suit is coming back big this summer..Look for it by Etro and Jack Victor.

15th March 2007 03:32 PM
Starbuck josh....

market garden or the stones in nijmegen?

i'd take the stones over monty's baby any day of the week. almost as stupid an idea as....hmmm...invading iraq??

[Edited by Waverly Wray]

[Edited by Starbuck]
15th March 2007 03:34 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
josh....

i'd take the stones over monty's baby any day of the week. almost as stupid an idea as....hmmm...invading iraq??

[Edited by Starbuck]
[Edited by Starbuck]

Market Garden happened in Arnhem, but what the heck.
15th March 2007 03:38 PM
Starbuck market garden happened at alot of places, including arnhem and nijmegen. i believe arnhem was the "bridge too far".
15th March 2007 11:37 PM
glencar
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Maybe they just did the mud flats thing in Nijmegen. I'll ask her tomorrow. I know I've heard of the city outside the context of the Stones.
15th March 2007 11:38 PM
glencar
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
market garden happened at alot of places, including arnhem and nijmegen. i believe arnhem was the "bridge too far".

Stones played Eindhoven. I drove through there about 9 yrs ago.
[Edited by glencar]
16th March 2007 05:16 AM
DizzyDutchman stop all the bullshit about Nijmegen !!! this will be the one and only show in Holland, and all the Dutchies who are complaining about it: fuck off! i guess you'll go to this show anyway!!! and the german and belgium fans will go too....
it's the best outside location for the stones in Holland!

and... by the way.... all big artists have been there! and after the stones, the chili peppers and pearl jam will rock the park!

see you in Nijmegen!!! June 7 2007

Ciao

Dizzy
[Edited by DizzyDutchman]
16th March 2007 06:44 AM
egon you tell em Dizzy.

those fuckin bastards!
16th March 2007 06:46 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
egon wrote:
you tell em Dizzy.

those fuckin bastards!

It sucks. Period.
16th March 2007 06:59 AM
egon
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

It sucks. Period.

bastard
16th March 2007 08:09 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
egon wrote:

bastard

I don't mind being a bastard.
16th March 2007 10:59 AM
Moonisup nijmegen is one of the worst locations. I'd rather see the stones in a decent stadion then on that field.
But well, those peasants in the east are happy anyway with a show
[Edited by Moonisup]
16th March 2007 11:09 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
DizzyDutchman wrote:
stop all the bullshit about Nijmegen !!! this will be the one and only show in Holland, and all the Dutchies who are complaining about it: fuck off!

Sorry, this board is for rational grown-ups only. Goodbye!
16th March 2007 11:10 AM
jb
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
nijmegen is one of the worst locations. I'd rather see the stones in a decent stadion then on that field.
But well, those peasants in the east are happy anyway with a show
[Edited by Moonisup]

Hello Rik!!! Once again the Stones have picked an unfriendly venue and shall suffer the same fate as last time(only 1, non-sold out show).
16th March 2007 11:42 AM
Moonisup Hi Josh!

Yes, very sad that this location was choosen. Although it's the place where I first saw the stones in 1995, but I think a stadium would have been better.
No one should like a field!

Rik
16th March 2007 11:52 AM
Gazza
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

16th March 2007 11:54 AM
jb
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
Hi Josh!

Yes, very sad that this location was choosen. Although it's the place where I first saw the stones in 1995, but I think a stadium would have been better.

Rik

Hope all is well....you were 100% coirrect calling for their retirement some time ago....the last tour really took a large chunk of their legacy as literally tens of thousands of unsold seats were prevalent everywhere....I do not see them ever selling out again in the US absent a return to smaller arenas....I think this upcoming Euro thing will have a few sold out dates b/c of prior cancelations, but for the most part, it will be wide open.
16th March 2007 11:59 AM
mojoman
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
josh....

[Edited by Waverly Wray]

[Edited by Starbuck]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075784/

16th March 2007 12:03 PM
mojoman
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
market garden happened at alot of places, including arnhem and nijmegen. i believe arnhem was the "bridge too far".

bridge to far 1944
bridge to far(movie)1977
bridge to babylon 1997
bridge to few 2007
16th March 2007 12:08 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
DizzyDutchman wrote:
Great News!

According to Dutch newspapers and radio stations, various sources have confirmed that the stones will play the Goffertpark in Nijmegen, The Netherlands. on June the 7th 2007 !!!

The Stones have played here before
on June 13&14 1995

it's a very good location, just next to germany and a short distance from Belgium, it can hold 60.000 people.. and it's a very large open field surrounded by woods.

and..... it's where i live.... so no expensive hotels, or camping sites, no expensive traveling! too good to be true!!! and after the stones, i'll go to the red hot chili peppers in the Goffertpark on June 24.

this sounds wonderful. have a great time and take some photos if possibe.
i would love to see the surround area of the show and your country.
16th March 2007 12:16 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Angie, towards the end of last year I predicted they would build a university in Nijmegen in the 1920s

16th March 2007 01:05 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Boooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)