ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1969 Robert Altman with thanks to Gypsy!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RNRHOF Pics Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
13th March 2007 03:54 PM
glencar AIPAC has turned all Sweet Neocon!
13th March 2007 03:56 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
AIPAC has turned all Sweet Neocon!

And rightfully so...the neocons are trying to save Israel, while mthe extrem left is trying to destroy her....It is a very sad day being a democrat and hav ing these fringe elements ruin our party.
13th March 2007 03:59 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Cheney has refrained from hunting ever since nearly killing his good friend. He still drinks like a fish though.

he may of quit hunting. But I'm not convinced he's quit shooting his "friends"
13th March 2007 04:00 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

And rightfully so...the neocons are trying to save Israel, while mthe extrem left is trying to destroy her....It is a very sad day being a democrat and hav ing these fringe elements ruin our party.

Why you remain with those awful people I'll never know...
charlotte Patti Smith-Gimme Shelter
mp3 from her new album
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/forkcast/41673
thanks to Chas (IORR)
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

he may of quit hunting. But I'm not convinced he's quit shooting his "friends"

Cheney's got a gun...
13th March 2007 04:01 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Why you remain with those awful people I'll never know...

Me either...the party has been taken over by the moveon.org/dailykos/huffingtonpost crowd.
13th March 2007 04:02 PM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
Martha, I hope all works out with you & hubby!

Me too. Thank you so much darlin'. I am hugging you from afar.

love,
M
13th March 2007 04:03 PM
jb Glencar. I brought my Maserati in for a new window today and saw a Ferari 575...it is on my wish list!!!
13th March 2007 04:09 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

Justin Timberlake gave props to them as well...should I start dancing to "Sexy" in a pair of spandex pants?

The difference is that Patti is a genuine fan, whereas the only "Sticky Fingers" Justin is likely to ever have in his possession are as a result of looking at a few old candid polaroids of Britney circa 2002 that he has kept in his dresser drawer.
13th March 2007 04:10 PM
jb
quote:
charlotte wrote:
Patti Smith-Gimme Shelter
mp3 from her new album
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/forkcast/41673
thanks to Chas (IORR)

That sucked big time....to be honest, it was worse than Dylan's nasaly voice.
13th March 2007 04:10 PM
jb
quote:
jb wrote:

That sucked big time....to be honest, it was worse than Dylan's nasaly voice.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!
13th March 2007 04:11 PM
glencar
quote:
Martha wrote:

Me too. Thank you so much darlin'. I am hugging you from afar.

love,
M

Martha, I have some stuff to send you! PM me the address. It's some DVD's & CD's...
13th March 2007 04:11 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
Glencar. I brought my Maserati in for a new window today and saw a Ferari 575...it is on my wish list!!!

You are just like Leno!
13th March 2007 04:12 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
You are just like Leno!

He is retiring in 2 years; I'll still be chasing ambulances and posting .
13th March 2007 04:14 PM
glencar He's been making noises that he's not ready to go yet. I think it's time though. The Irishman is quite funny...
13th March 2007 04:16 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
He's been making noises that he's not ready to go yet. I think it's time though. The Irishman is quite funny...

Conan is very funny...Leno was never as good as Johnny or Letterman.
13th March 2007 04:19 PM
glencar Leno can occasionally be "on" but he's no Carsoni. Letterman sucks these days. Not sure what happened.
13th March 2007 04:44 PM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
Leno can occasionally be "on" but he's no Carsoni. Letterman sucks these days. Not sure what happened.

Johnny Carson died.
13th March 2007 04:51 PM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
Martha, I have some stuff to send you! PM me the address. It's some DVD's & CD's...

Done!

U

R

the

Best!!!!

xxoo,
Martha
13th March 2007 04:57 PM
Dear Doctor seems a lot of so called stones fans have no clue what the band is singing about
gimme shelter sings about the delicacies of war and peace, it is clearly not a grandstanding anthem against war. that is for John Lennon and bob zimmerman
Patti Smith used the stones to promote her anti-war theme.
I have a problem with that

oh and by the way, Gimme Shelter is on her new cd of all covers

So now all you rookie dimwitted douchebags can go search the lyrics online and you will see the Dr has taught you a lesson . Perhaps next time you will think before you speak your childish venom

as for Keiths mustache, I would not give a shit except for the fact that it is a prop for this shit movie he is doing. I am totally disgusted he has gone hollywood and that is totally not something I expect from Keith, Mick yes

13th March 2007 05:00 PM
Martha
quote:
Dear Doctor wrote:
seems a lot of so called stones fans have no clue what the band is singing about
gimme shelter sings about the delicacies of war and peace, it is clearly not a grandstanding anthem against war. that is for John Lennon and bob zimmerman

oh and by the way, Gimme Shelter is on her new cd of all covers

So now all you rookie dimwitted douchebags can go search the lyrics online and you will see the Dr has taught you a lesson . Perhaps next time you will think before you speak your childish venom

as for Keiths mustache, I would not give a shit except for the fact that it is a prop for this shit movie he is doing. I am totally disgusted he has gone hollywood and that is totally not something I expect from Keith, Mick yes

The pot calls the kettle black.

Yup, I knew it, you've cursed yourself alright.

13th March 2007 05:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
Dear Doctor wrote:
seems a lot of so called stones fans have no clue what the band is singing about
gimme shelter sings about the delicacies of war and peace,

...I thought you said the lyrics were "ambiguous". Now you seem very sure.
13th March 2007 05:50 PM
lotsajizz oh, he's sure all right
13th March 2007 05:54 PM
Gazza well..I'm pretty sure from the lyrics that the singer isnt too enthralled by the thoughts of war, which would er...kinda make it an "anti-war" song by definition, no?

Likewise with "A Hard rains a Gonna-Fall" by "Bob Zimmerman", which is an anti-war song (one of his very few, despite his reputation) without actually needing to say so explicitly.
[Edited by Gazza]
13th March 2007 06:36 PM
open-g
quote:
Gazza wrote:

agreed, although I cant see the POC link as he filmed it six months ago.

Could have something to do with PotC promo.
the POC fans are egerly awaiting the trailer - just like us for the tour dates.

13th March 2007 06:42 PM
Gazza ah, I see - that would make some sense. Thanks, open-g.

Wonder which of the 2 events will come first....?

PS - will there be a Berlin show again this year, do you think? Not the stadium - but maybe the Waldbuhne or somewhere smaller?
[Edited by Gazza]
13th March 2007 06:55 PM
open-g I haven't heard any rumours about Berlin, unfortunately.
I just keep my fingers crossed.

Waldbühne would be effin' great and easy to sell out - but I don't even mention my hopes on Iorr.
13th March 2007 07:01 PM
open-g Maybe they'll ride a big promo wave

release the PotC trailer and announce the tour dates - on the same day.
should get a lot of media attention - and it is kinda getting late.

13th March 2007 08:14 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Dear Doctor wrote:

Oh, a storm is threatening
My very life today
If I don't get some shelter
Oh yeah, I'm gonna fade away

War, children, it's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
It's just a shot away

Ooh, see the fire is sweepin'
Our very street today
Burns like a red coal carpet
Mad bull lost its way

It's just a shot away
It's just a shot away

Rape, murder!
It's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
Rape, murder!
It's just a shot away
It's just a shot away

Rape, murder1
It's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
It's just a shot away

The flood is threatening
My very life today
Gimme, gimme shelter
Or I'm gonna fade away

It's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
It's just a shot away

I tell you, love, sister, it's just a kiss away
It's just a kiss away
It's just a kiss away
It's just a kiss away
It's just a kiss away
Kiss away, kiss away

OK, Doc, so there's the lyric review. I take it you've dropped your "ambiguity" argument and have shifted to "delicacies of war and peace," whatever the hell that means. If it means that war is "just a shot away," i.e. that it could happen at a moment's notice, causing rape, murder and the destruction of life, well yes, that's what the song says. Most of us would object instinctively and strenuously to a threat to our lives: "Oh, a storm is threatening my very life today." Not much ambiguity there. It takes a fine mind like yours to see that as anything but an anti-war message. Bottom line: Patti Smith has a whole lot more "clue what the band is singing about" than you seem to. You really ought to read her "Jag-Ahr of the Jungle" essay in David Dalton's "The Rolling Stones: The First Twenty Years." I suspect this is a generational thing. I'm guessing you aren't old enough to remember Vietnam. Am I right?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)