ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1969 Robert Altman with thanks to Gypsy!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RNRHOF Pics Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
13th March 2007 05:56 AM
Gazza
quote:
Pierre wrote:
Jam avec Sammy Hagar, Eddie Veder, Michael Stipe, Patti Smith, Paul Shaffer et Peter Buck :!:

Thanks Pierre.

Good to see Paul Shaffer, for the 352nd HOF show in a row, still trying his best to look like a bonafide rock n roller and not quite succeeding. You cant blame the guy for being persistent.

What was played in this 'jam' ?
[Edited by Gazza]
13th March 2007 06:14 AM
glencar Keef looks fine but I'm a mite worried about Sammy hagar. He looks like he's one big Mac meal away from a heart attack!
13th March 2007 06:21 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Dear Doctor wrote:

patti smith's rendition of gimme shelter was so-so
she fucked up and disgraced the song by saying it was a anti war song , as she paid homage to keith
it is a ambiguous song, she should know better
dumb bitch

Are you a dribblin' retard in reality or do you just play one when you post?

13th March 2007 06:24 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:
As for "Gimme Shelter" not being an anti-war song?
WTF? How much more explicitly an anti-war lyric can you possibly get?
What next? 'Midnight Rambler' as a children's lullaby?

Who said that and how was it said exactly? Haven't been able to watch any videos yet.
13th March 2007 06:25 AM
LadyJane Keith looks HEALTHY and that's all that matters to me.
When is the abridged version gonna be on VH1?

LJ.
13th March 2007 06:50 AM
Jeep More pix :

13th March 2007 06:56 AM
FotiniD Still can't decide if I love or hate the moustache
The jet black and longer hair though surely rock Love the skulls & bones hanging on the right too.

Pirate, all the way.
13th March 2007 06:57 AM
gotdablouse Keith looks like Bob !
Anyone seen his speech on YouTube ?
13th March 2007 06:59 AM
FotiniD
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Keith looks like Bob !
Anyone seen his speech on YouTube ?

Link please?
13th March 2007 07:38 AM
Olompali KR looks great...has Hollywood convinced him for a bit of the ol' botox here and there?
13th March 2007 07:50 AM
Gazza
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Who said that and how was it said exactly? Haven't been able to watch any videos yet.

No one at the show did, but Dear Doctor seems to think its not
13th March 2007 09:44 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Some more, again same credits, thanks moy!

13th March 2007 10:13 AM
gustavobala OMG....semms like a "brown mustache"
13th March 2007 10:44 AM
Saint Sway thanks for all the great pics!!

does anyone know what time today the show will finally be over?
13th March 2007 10:45 AM
jb Keith looks very well, and the mustache is obviously a POC leftover, which hopefully will be gone by tour time....As for Smith, some love her, some hate her. I never particularly cared for her, but agree that GS if not anti-war, is certainly
expression the fear of a nuclear holocaust...It would be nice for musicians to lay off the politics a bit, as it is played out already in my opinion(see ass Bono).
13th March 2007 10:48 AM
Gazza
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
OMG....semms like a "brown mustache"

I hope youre not implying that the Human Riff indulges in the act that is known as the "Dirty Sanchez"....
[Edited by Gazza]
13th March 2007 10:49 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:

Keith looks like Bob !

That's exactly what I thought when he walked out onstage last night!
13th March 2007 10:49 AM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:
Keith looks very well, and the mustache is obviously a POC leftover, which hopefully will be gone by tour time....As for Smith, some love her, some hate her. I never particularly cared for her, but agree that GS if not anti-war, is certainly
expression the fear of a nuclear holocaust...It would be nice for musicians to lay off the politics a bit, as it is played out already in my opinion(see ass Bono).

You may not care for Patti but unlike so many who insult the Stones, Patti has ALWAYS praised them. She LOVES our band, especially Keith.

I'm hearing Keith was THE hit of the evening.

LJ.

13th March 2007 10:51 AM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

You may not care for Patti but unlike so many who insult the Stones, Patti has ALWAYS praised them. She LOVES our band, especially Keith.

I'm hearing Keith was THE hit of the evening.

LJ.

I don't care for her or her politics, but some people, particularly the extreme left, love her...
13th March 2007 10:54 AM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:

I don't care for her or her politics, but some people, particularly the extreme left, love her...

Refreshing change to hear an artist praise the Stones, no?
Count me among those that love her.

LJ.
13th March 2007 10:58 AM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Refreshing change to hear an artist praise the Stones, no?
Count me among those that love her.

LJ.

I never cared for her , and her recent political statements/songs are an affront to my political feelings. However, she is beloved by a very small, but loyal audience. He recent tour involved both performance and political question and answer session....While I consider myself a democrat, I do no subscribe to her political leanings..
[Edited by jb]
13th March 2007 11:00 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
Keith looks very well, and the mustache is obviously a POC leftover, which hopefully will be gone by tour time...

agreed, although I cant see the POC link as he filmed it six months ago.

quote:

.As for Smith, some love her, some hate her. I never particularly cared for her, but agree that GS if not anti-war, is certainly

If youre an artist, your work reflects the world around you as it affects you, so its hardly "played out". If the song was relevant in 1969, it still is in 2007. Hardly a musician's fault that the world happens to be a nasty place at times.

If only the same desire many people have of being bombarded with an artist's political opinions could be extended to the somewhat pointless and tiresome obsession of some who for some reason that escapes me persist in posting it on music message boards.

I havent seen or heard the show yet, but I'd rather Patti had chosen to play songs she has written and recorded previously (which is WHY she's being honoured) as opposed to plugging a new album of covers. However, I'm glad she's in - it's long overdue, and she's the most deserving inductee this year IMO.
[Edited by Gazza]
13th March 2007 11:02 AM
FotiniD I worship Patti Smith. The woman's got more balls than many men I know. I love her music, love her face, love her voice, love her love for Keith
13th March 2007 11:05 AM
Saint Sway Patti stole the show by a mile. Gave the best - and most passionate performance (by far). And gave the most heart felt and emotional speech (again, by far)

she ruled last night

and her Stones tribute and tip of the hat to Keith was wonderful

in a night where too many posers and unworthy artists were pointlessly honored, it was refreshing to see a genuine talent and such a passionate artist that truely cares about rock and roll recieve her dues and get to shine in front of the R&R world. It obviously meant a lot for her. I'm very glad. She deserves it.
13th March 2007 11:07 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

agreed, although I cant see the POC link as he filmed it six months ago.

If youre an artist, your work reflects the world around you as it affects you, so its hardly "played out". If the song was relevant in 1969, it still is in 2007. Hardly a musician's fault that the world happens to be a nasty place at times.

If only the same desire many people have of being bombarded with an artist's political opinions could be extended to the somewhat pointless and tiresome obsession of some who for some reason that escapes me persist in posting it on music message boards.

I havent seen or heard the show yet, but I'd rather Patti had chosen to play songs she has written and recorded previously (which is WHY she's being honoured) as opposed to plugging a new album of covers. However, I'm glad she's in - it's long overdue, and she's the most deserving inductee this year IMO.
[Edited by Gazza]

I never cared for her, her music, or her extrem political views...Nonetheless, she is admired by a small, but very loyal following. I think she has every right to express her opinions, but to interpret another artists song as to fit your agenda may be overstepping the boundaries...The Stones have tried to be very apolotical over the years with a few notable exceptions...Smith, imo, is not worthy of the induction, but then again, I prefer American football to English rules futbol..it's all a matter of taste..
13th March 2007 11:13 AM
Gazza Presuming she didnt change the lyrics of "Gimme shelter" then how is she interpreting the song to push her own agenda?

Either the lyrics (written by Jagger and Richards) fit the 'agenda' in the first place or they dont! Blame them for writing it if it's message bothers you, not an artist who chooses to cover it (and she's hardly the first artist to do so, either)

I would have thought that having your song covered is something of an honour for the most part
13th March 2007 11:20 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Presuming she didnt change the lyrics of "Gimme shelter" then how is she interpreting the song to push her own agenda?

Either the lyrics (written by Jagger and Richards) fit the 'agenda' in the first place or they dont! Blame them for writing it if it's message bothers you, not an artist who chooses to cover it (and she's hardly the first artist to do so, either)

I would have thought that having your song covered is something of an honour for the most part

The lyrics seem to be a ominous warning of war and the ability to prevent it through love....Smith is a big anti-war artist who despises the current administration....I think she attempted to "hijack" the lyrics to promote her position on the current Iraq conflict, and that is wrong imo. I would have preferred she perform the song without promoting her agenda at the expesse of the song.
13th March 2007 11:23 AM
FotiniD
quote:
jb wrote:

The lyrics seem to be a ominous warning of war and the ability to prevent it through love....Smith is a big anti-war artist who despises the current administration....I think she attempted to "hijack" the lyrics to promote her position on the current Iraq conflict, and that is wrong imo. I would have preferred she perform the song without promoting her agenda at the expesse of the song.

Haven't seen the show (by the way, what's taking so long?! we need videos ) but Gimme Shelter is about war, what's happening in Iraq is war, so what's so weird about Patti singing it with that in mind?!! I don't see any hijacking at all. And I don't think Smith has any agenda to promote - she's an artist, not a canditate.
13th March 2007 11:26 AM
LadyJane Perhaps it would have been better if she'd selected:

Revolution
Give Peace A Chance
All You Need Is Love
or
Imagine.

Jeez Josh, I really thought you'd be pleased that she at least gives props to the Stones.

LJ.

13th March 2007 11:28 AM
Saint Sway jb is SO far off base right now.... a pitcher in girls little league softball could pick him off
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)