ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1969 Robert Altman with thanks to Gypsy!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rebel yell? Return to archive
10th March 2007 04:42 PM
CraigP I know I might sound like an idiot asking this but...On one live Stones audio bootleg that I have, prob from Kentucky, '78, King Biscuit... Mick says something that, to me, sounds like: "Rebel yell southern sell mench". It always baffeled me as to what the heck he was saying...

Does anyone know what I'm referring to?
Thanks.
10th March 2007 05:25 PM
Erik_Snow Mick refers to the the Kentucky Bourbon...
"Rebel Yell Southern Sour Mash", and probably has a sipp right afterwards.
10th March 2007 05:48 PM
CraigP
quote:
Erik_Snow wrote:
Mick refers to the the Kentucky Bourbon...
"Rebel Yell Southern Sour Mash", and probably has a sipp right afterwards.

Hey, thanks alot. Really.

Now I can sleep tonight.
12th March 2007 02:21 AM
TampabayStone Saw that tour at the Tampa JI-LI (long gone and JB sp check help please, LOL)

Had to do the sin that night, had to put beer in the radiator to get home. We were between 17 - 19 yrs old.

12th March 2007 02:43 AM
yellerstang Rebel Yell was whiskey KEith drank a lot of in the lat 1970's
12th March 2007 02:48 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
yellerstang wrote:
Rebel Yell was whiskey KEith drank a lot of in the lat 1970's

You are correct sir!!!

b&w, nis touch, huh?

JOEY????????????????????

Note> The above pic may have been used in a prior post.TBS
12th March 2007 10:48 AM
Riffhard The line you are most likely referring to is from the Barbarians bootleg where Keith is sitting down at the piano about to sing Apartment #9. He hoists a bottle of Rebel Yell Whiskey and says,"Rebel Yell,southern sour mash." He then proceeds to sing the raunchiest drunkest most beautifully stoned version of that song ever! He drank Rebel Yell during the late 70's through the early 80's. In fact his guitar picks from this era were red with Rebel Yell printed on them. I own two of them. So,you know....I got that going for me.

Riffy
14th March 2007 09:18 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
The line you are most likely referring to is from the Barbarians bootleg where Keith is sitting down at the piano about to sing Apartment #9. He hoists a bottle of Rebel Yell Whiskey and says,"Rebel Yell,southern sour mash." He then proceeds to sing the raunchiest drunkest most beautifully stoned version of that song ever! He drank Rebel Yell during the late 70's through the early 80's. In fact his guitar picks from this era were red with Rebel Yell printed on them. I own two of them. So,you know....I got that going for me.

Riffy

Nice!

14th March 2007 12:23 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
The line you are most likely referring to is from the Barbarians bootleg where Keith is sitting down at the piano about to sing Apartment #9. He hoists a bottle of Rebel Yell Whiskey and says,"Rebel Yell,southern sour mash." He then proceeds to sing the raunchiest drunkest most beautifully stoned version of that song ever! He drank Rebel Yell during the late 70's through the early 80's. In fact his guitar picks from this era were red with Rebel Yell printed on them. I own two of them. So,you know....I got that going for me.

Riffy

Wrong again. He meant what he said. It is the Stones not the Barbarians he is listening to. It is Mick saying it, NOT Keith (you might try actually reading the post before replying). It is indeed 1978, although it may be Memphis rather than Kentucky.
14th March 2007 12:40 PM
Riffhard
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Wrong again. He meant what he said. It is the Stones not the Barbarians he is listening to. It is Mick saying it, NOT Keith (you might try actually reading the post before replying). It is indeed 1978, although it may be Memphis rather than Kentucky.

Jeeessuuus you are one fuckin' angry dude jizzbot! Here's the story numbnuts. I have a Barbarians boot where it is without question Keith who,while sitting at the piano,says in a drunken slur "Rebel Yell,southern sour mash!" This is actually right after he had performed Apartment #9. So that is where my post came from. I just now listened to it again,and I'm right. It's most assuredly Keith talking. Now there may well be another Stones' boot from '78 where Mick says that as well,but it seemed unlikely to me that the same exact quote would be uttered by both Mick and Keith at different shows. I am willing concede that perhaps this was the case,but I have the boot from the Barbarians and the Rebel Yell guitar pick from the 1978 US Stones' tour. So I could really give two flying fucks.

Happy now fuckbot?

Riffy
14th March 2007 03:49 PM
lotsajizz misplaced -- (as usual) riffy...he was speaking of a comment by MICK on a STONES bootleg (one rather well known I am surprised you don't know it)--which you then, in your self-promoting way, decided was some sort of invitation to drone on about how he was wrong and he must have meant a Barbarian show about which you could knowingly talk.....nice try though

[Edited by lotsajizz]
14th March 2007 07:39 PM
Riffhard
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
misplaced -- (as usual) riffy...he was speaking of a comment by MICK on a STONES bootleg (one rather well known I am surprised you don't know it)--which you then, in your self-promoting way, decided was some sort of invitation to drone on about how he was wrong and he must have meant a Barbarian show about which you could knowingly talk.....nice try though

[Edited by lotsajizz]

LOL! You're so easy jizzbot. You are such a meanspiriterd little jizz gurgler. Why so? I do have many Stones' boots. Too many perhaps to remember every line that Jagger speaks on. I was mearly refering to a Barbarians' boot that I had just been listening to. Seemed rather appropriate to mention it as Keith does say that exact line.

Self promoting?! Me?! That's rich coming from you jizzboy. You rail against everyone that you veiw as having ever slighted you or that thinks differently than you,and your locked and loaded liberal mindset. How many people on this very board think you are a fucktard out to do nothing stir the pot and fan the flames? Quite a few. Many in fact.

Ok now,Cafuckoff!

Riffy
14th March 2007 10:01 PM
Riffhard I said,and I quote,"the line you are most likely refering to..." I did not state that he was wrong. I thought that I made my point pretty clear. The boot that I was refering to does,in fact,have the exact same line,and it was uttered by Keith.

Yet that fact did not stop you from once again jumping in and trying to smear me for some fucking reason. I have noticed that you do that a lot. I mean you do that a whole hell of a lot. You have done it twice today alone. You also went after Maxlugar in another thread for no apparent reason other than your dislike of him. Or is it the fact that Maxy has constantly made you his bitch?

Either way this thread is beat.

Riffy
14th March 2007 10:13 PM
violentkind It Is on Handsome Girls Dics#3, when Mick is introducing Shattered
15th March 2007 07:05 AM
Zack Dudes, get a room, will ya?

If ah recullect propa, it's from the Memphis show, and he's asking the crowd to give him a rebel yell, not referring to the brand of whiskey. It's on Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others (which I know is a pastiche of 78 dates)as well as HG.
15th March 2007 07:49 AM
andrews27 It is on one of the 1978 bootlegs by Mick, between songs when he probably went over and took a pull from the top of Keith's amp. It's on Handsome Girls, and also I think "Hot Flashes, Kool Licks." He does, however, actually say, "Izz Rebel Yell Southern sell mench."
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)