ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1969 Robert Altman with thanks to Gypsy!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: FYI- Brad Delp from Boston dead Return to archive
9th March 2007 06:28 PM
Bob Tamp I was never a fan, but a lot of New Englanders were. Brad Delp found dead today in his Atkinson, NH home according to the local news.
9th March 2007 06:35 PM
sirmoonie WTF?

Johny Depps brother died? At least it wasn't his daughter. Shouldn't Motesie have claimed this scandal?

What has this site become? I come here for Van Halen and Bush Geekism, nothing else.
9th March 2007 06:37 PM
pdog who?
9th March 2007 07:12 PM
Bob Tamp I think he and Tom Scholtz?( was never a fan) were the main guys in the band BOSTON
9th March 2007 07:13 PM
fireontheplatter bummer

what instrument did he play?

i think their 1st record was superb...

more than a feeling...ba baaa ba ba ba bbaaaaa....i close my eyes and she slipped a way......slipped AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
A HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
9th March 2007 07:19 PM
Prodigal Son Wow, did it have anything to do with listening to his incredibly high note on "More Than a Feeling"? I'm sorry, I just had to my shots in at Boston, what a lousy band. Anyway, for real though that sucks. Another rocker bites the dust. Best wishes go out to his family, friends and all the diehard Boston fans (yes, such a thing exists!!!)
[Edited by Prodigal Son]
9th March 2007 07:23 PM
fireontheplatter was he the lead singer for the group?
9th March 2007 08:03 PM
nankerphelge Delp was the lead singer - don't believe he played anything.
Tom Sholz was the guitarist
Sib Hashian drums, Barry Godreau bass, and I cannot remember the keyboard guy.
Their first album was huge at the time -- FM airplay was incredible.

A friend of mine saw them live and said they played the same song over and over, or at least it seemed.

Too bad -- he was pretty young.

9th March 2007 08:28 PM
Nellcote I am completley, major, bummed out.
I followed this band for years.
Brad Delp was one of the great power singers in rock.
They still hold the record for the most sales of a debut lp ever.
I saw them in 1978, Music Hall Boston.
They once played 18 straight dates at the Worcester Centrum, I think it was 1991, went to several of those shows
Brad Delp could sing, hands down.
He was replaced for a while by Fran Cosmo, however he could never, ever handle the high notes like Brad Delp.
Many will dispense them as fluff, however, if you were in Boston in the '70s, they Aerosmith & J Geils were Gods.
In later years, Delp would front a extremely popular Beatles cover band called "Beatlejuice".
He had a cult following, they played all over the region.
I still am in shock just typing this.

Lead singer of band Boston dies
March 9, 2007

ATKINSON, N.H. --Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band Boston, was found dead Friday in his home in southern New Hampshire. He was 55.

Atkinson police responded to a call for help at 1:20 p.m. and found Delp dead. Police Lt. William Baldwin said in a statement the death was "untimely" and that there was no indication of foul play.

Delp apparently was alone at the time of his death, Baldwin said.

The cause of his death remained under investigation by the Atkinson police and the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's office. Police said an incident report would not be available until Monday.

Delp sang vocals on Boston's 1976 hits "More than a Feeling" and "Longtime." He also sang on Boston's most recent album, "Corporate America," released in 2002.

He joined the band in the early 1970s after meeting Tom Scholz, an MIT student interested in experimental methods of recording music, according to the Boston's official Web site.

The band's last appearance was in November 2006 at Boston's Symphony Hall.

On Friday night, the Web site was taken down and replaced with the statement: "We just lost the nicest guy in rock and roll."

A call to the Swampscott, Mass., home of Boston guitarist Barry Goudreau was not immediately returned Friday night.

------

On the Net:

http://www.bandboston.com

http://www.gonnahitcharide.com/

RIP Brad Delp....

[Edited by Nellcote]
9th March 2007 09:03 PM
pdog Clarity, the band, not the city...
RIP
9th March 2007 09:45 PM
Nellcote An very well written expose of the band Boston appears here....

http://www.boston.org/goldmine.html
9th March 2007 10:31 PM
glencar RIP Brad...
9th March 2007 11:11 PM
gypsy Was it Lyme Disease?
9th March 2007 11:17 PM
glencar LOL
9th March 2007 11:39 PM
Poplar
Boston could ALWAYS take a song one note higher... and then one note higher.

Also - didn't they do the synchronized guitar solos?
I think they were legendarily anal about their studio work.
10th March 2007 01:28 AM
Zack I was watching the Sopranos the other night, and Tony put on Foreplay/Long Time to cover up a conversation in his bedroom. I thought, damn, I used to love that in high school. I will seek out the first Boston album and crank it up in Brad's memory.

Boston kind of imploded artistically after that huge initial success, but I guess they made enough money from the first album to last a lifetime. Glad to hear they still gigged through the later years though.
10th March 2007 01:00 PM
Nellcote http://wn.whdh.com/global/video/popup/pop_player.asp?ClipID1=1291488&h1=Lead%20singer%20of%20band%20Boston%20dies%20%283/9/2007%29&vt1=v&at1=Station%201&d1=146500&LaunchPageAdTag=Station%201&fvCatNo=&backgroundImageURL=&activePane=info&playerVersion=1&hostPageUrl=http%3A//www1.whdh.com/&rnd=6172896

Report on Brad Delp
Still hard to fathom...
10th March 2007 01:25 PM
UGot2Rollme He had an amazing voice and Boston had some beautiful tunes that were the soundtrack to our lives in the late 70's. Rest in Peace, brother.
10th March 2007 01:57 PM
Ten Thousand Motels RIP Brad.
I never paid much attention to that band except for a few tunes. I was reading on a website yesterday that he was going to get married this summer.
10th March 2007 08:54 PM
Ten Thousand Motels BLACK SABBATH, AEROSMITH Members Comment On BOSTON Singer's Passing - Mar. 10, 2007
Blabbermouth.net

BLACK SABBATH bassist Geezer Butler and AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry have commented on the passing of Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band BOSTON, who was found dead Friday (March 9) in his home in southern New Hampshire. He was 55.

Geezer Butler: "I was very saddened today when I heard the news of Brad Delp's passing away. We had the pleasure of touring with BOSTON in the late 1970s, and they were one of the few guest acts that I used to watch every night, before SABBATH took to the stage. A nicer bunch of people would be impossible to find, and a fantastic band and debut album, which still sounds as good today as it did then. What an incredible singer Brad was — one of the all-time greatest voices. He will be greatly missed."

Joe Perry: "The few times I did meet him, he was very down-to-earth and seemed like a great guy, without any of the ego baggage. He had one incredible, amazing set of pipes. He is going to be sorely missed in this city [Boston] and the music-loving world."

According to The Associated Press, Atkinson police responded to a call for help at 1:20 p.m. and found Delp dead. Police Lt. William Baldwin said in a statement the death was "untimely" and that there was no indication of foul play.

Delp apparently was alone at the time of his death, Baldwin said.

The cause of his death remained under investigation by the Atkinson police and the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's office. Police said an incident report would not be available until Monday.

Delp fronted the rock band, who rose to fame in the late 1970s and had several hits, including "More than A Feeling". The group sold millions of records.
10th March 2007 10:20 PM
sirmoonie My bad, I had no idea who the guy was. I'm surprised any did/does.
12th March 2007 12:03 AM
sammy davis jr. That song "Rock N' Roll Band" sure sucked....
12th March 2007 01:09 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
WTF?

Johny Depps brother died? At least it wasn't his daughter. Shouldn't Motesie have claimed this scandal?

What has this site become? I come here for Van Halen and Bush Geekism, nothing else.

Ha HA HA, damn, moony is a funny!!!

RIP, Brad.
12th March 2007 03:35 PM
doo doo doo Dude Was he the one with the big 'fro?

12th March 2007 03:38 PM
nankerphelge Nope - that's the drummer.
Delp is the guy on the right.
14th March 2007 05:52 PM
Nellcote just not right, on too many levels.....

Family: Rocker Brad Delp's death was suicide.
By Associated Press Writer | March 14, 2007

CONCORD, N.H. --The family of Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band Boston, said Wednesday his death was a suicide.

"He was a man who gave all he had to give to everyone around him, whether family, friends, fans or strangers," the family said in a statement relayed by police. "He gave as long as he could, as best he could, and he was very tired. We take comfort in knowing that he is now, at last, at peace."

Delp, 55, died Friday at his Atkinson home. Police have said his fiancee, Pamela Sullivan, found him.

Toxicology tests by the state medical examiner's office showed that Delp committed suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning, said Lt. William Baldwin. Delp also left two notes taped to a door and letters to his family and Sullivan.

Baldwin said police do not know the contents of the letters because they were sealed.

The family's statement said Sullivan, Delp's children and their mother, his ex-wife Micki Delp, were grateful for the sympathy they had received and asked that their privacy be respected.

Brad Delp joined Boston in the mid-1970s and sang two of its biggest hits, "More than a Feeling" and "Long Time."

Delp had planned to marry Sullivan this summer during a break in a tour with Boston. A lifelong Beatles fan, Delp also played with a tribute band, Beatle Juice.

Beatle Juice performed a benefit last year to help build a new public library in Atkinson, a small town of about 6,000 residents on the Massachusetts border.

The family said last week it planned a private funeral followed by a public memorial to be scheduled later. Family and friends directed donations to the American Heart Association in Framingham, Mass.
14th March 2007 06:17 PM
glencar Too many suicides lately...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)