ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1969 Robert Altman with thanks to Gypsy!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Eddie Van Halen in Rehab Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
13th March 2007 05:12 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Moonie, all I can say is thank god you were throwin down jaeger bombs with larry legend instead of watching this fiasco..... After what had to be the shortest, most uncaring and pointless induction speech ever by Velvet Revolver the last 2 clowns to get kicked out of VH show up to accept the award. They sound like 14 yr olds.... lots of high fiving each other and "dude this is awesome!".... so I can see why Eddie has no problem replacing them with his kid.

then VR played 2 VH songs - they rocked but Weiland couldnt sing em at all. He sang "Aint Talkin Bout Love" in total Creed/Nickleback mode. Botched it big time. Sounded horrible.... then Sammy & the fat bass guy (the 50 year old one, not the fat 15 yr old one) came out to do "Why Cant This Be Love?" with Paul Shafer on keyboards. Shafer starts playing that awful synth intro and immediately Sammy starts hopping around like a poof on happy pills. Flailing his arms in the air like an epileptic and bouncing up and down. It was beyond ghey.

Hagar & Anthony have to be the two most un rock and roll looking guys ever. The one guy looks like Barney Rubble. I now applaud Eddie for giving them the boot.

Haha - great post. I'm sure it was absolutely embarrassing. Hagar, Shafer and Anthony....yeah, that'll work.....
13th March 2007 05:36 PM
mojoman
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

it was a bad night for Tater

poor guy probably still sitting in the recliner in his boxers with a couple of cases of empties and taco bell wrappers strewn about.......
13th March 2007 05:37 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
mojoman wrote:

poor guy probably still sitting in the recliner in his boxers with a couple of cases of empties and taco bell wrappers strewn about.......

its safe to say he didnt make it into work today
13th March 2007 05:41 PM
mojoman
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

its safe to say he didnt make it into work today

wonder if he's checked himself into the same rehab center as eddie?
13th March 2007 05:44 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Moonie, all I can say is thank god you were throwin down jaeger bombs with larry legend instead of watching this fiasco..... After what had to be the shortest, most uncaring and pointless induction speech ever by Velvet Revolver the last 2 clowns to get kicked out of VH show up to accept the award. They sound like 14 yr olds.... lots of high fiving each other and "dude this is awesome!".... so I can see why Eddie has no problem replacing them with his kid.

then VR played 2 VH songs - they rocked but Weiland couldnt sing em at all. He sang "Aint Talkin Bout Love" in total Creed/Nickleback mode. Botched it big time. Sounded horrible.... then Sammy & the fat bass guy (the 50 year old one, not the fat 15 yr old one) came out to do "Why Cant This Be Love?" with Paul Shafer on keyboards. Shafer starts playing that awful synth intro and immediately Sammy starts hopping around like a poof on happy pills. Flailing his arms in the air like an epileptic and bouncing up and down. It was beyond ghey.

Hagar & Anthony have to be the two most un rock and roll looking guys ever. The one guy looks like Barney Rubble. I now applaud Eddie for giving them the boot.

You have my sympathies !
13th March 2007 06:05 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Joey wrote:

You have my sympathies !

I dare you to bare witness to the gheyness of this video and tell me one good reason why the HOF shouldnt be burned down after allowing these ass clowns in...

[Edited by Saint Sway]
13th March 2007 06:06 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I dare you to bare witness to the gheyness of this video and tell me one good reason why the HOF shouldnt be burned down after allowing these ass clowns in...

[Edited by Saint Sway]

Terrible ........absolutely pathetic .

Why ?! ... WHY ?!

14th March 2007 11:48 AM
Saint Sway the VH circus has gotten so out of hand that God has decided to chime in...

Associated Press I March 14, 2007
---------

GOD ENDS HIS SILENCE ON THE VAN HALEN CONTROVERSY.
"IT'S ALL EDDIE'S FAULT!!"

After many years and many conflicting verdicts from the Court of Public Opinion, none other than God Almighty has decided to weigh in on the 25 year-long Van Halen saga with a final decision.

TheSpoof.com's editorial board has decided not to risk damning their own souls to eternity in hell by editing God's statement in any way. So here it is, published in it's entirety: THE WORD OF GOD!

"Hi, everyone! It's me, God. Look, ya'll know that I'm not much of a micro-manager. I guess ya'll also know by my use of the word "ya'll," that I am in fact, from the South. Oh, well. One more mystery solved. Here's another bombshell: I love classic rock! I have kept quiet on this whole "Van Halen: Who's To Blame?" thing from the beginning. I was hoping ya'll could figure it out for yourselves. But it looks like it's time for me to once and for all, render a final verdict, so ya'll can quit arguing about the whole thing. So here goes:

IT'S ALL EDDIE'S FAULT!

That's right. I place all the blame for all the problems in America's greatest party band squarely on the shoulders of none other than guitarist Eddie Van Halen! Now, I know, I know, there's plenty of blame to go around; and I'll get to that. But the sins of the other band members were all reactionary sins to Edward's original sin. What sin is that, you ask? He's a jerk. There, I said it. Eddie Van Halen is a jerk. Sure, original lead singer David Lee Roth is a little too much of a showboat and second lead singer, Sammy Hagar, may have occasionally been an enabler, and we can't overlook that former bassist Michael Anthony is fat. And don't even get me started on how drummer Alex Van Halen acts more like a little brother, when so many times I wish he'd have done his big brotherly duty and smacked the crap out of Eddie and told him to shape up. But like I said, these things were just the results of Eddie being a jerk.

Don't think I lack sympathy for Eddie. I know he's a drunk, and I know he's in rehab...AGAIN! But, dangit, the guy's 52 years old! He should have worked through most of this stuff by now. I mean, who smokes cigarettes after they've had tongue cancer? Who kicks a founding member out of the band and replaces him with his 15 year old son? (Even if he is fat.) Who screws up a marriage to an eternally hot babe like that One Day at a Time chick? And worst of all, who can stand side-by-side with Diamond David Lee Roth and make Dave look like the mature one by comparison? Eddie Van Halen, that's who!

So here are my direct orders to Eddie Van Halen: Eddie, this is your last chance. Stay off the bottle, throw away the Marlboros, fire your son, rehire the fat guy, let the blond singer and the curly-blond singer take turns as your front-man, and most of all: QUIT BEING SUCH A JERK! The world needs Rock'n'Roll, and the world needs you! And if you do ever get the band back on tour, in any shape or form, don't forget who your friends are. I know a guy (me) who sure would love two tickets in the first three rows and maybe even some backstage passes, if you can swing it.

Righteously,

God"

Eddie Van Halen was unavailable for comment. Alex Van Halen was too scared to comment. Sammy Hagar's phone was out service, since he's all the way down in Cabo, Mexico. Michael Anthony was away at dinner, thus unavailable for comment. The third singer could not be reached for comment because nobody remembers his name or how to contact him. And finally, David Lee Roth was all too ready to comment, but nobody cared or understood what he had to say, so it won't even be printed; but it is known that whatever he said rhymed and was followed by the sound of him laughing at whatever it was he said.
14th March 2007 11:54 AM
mojoman "So let it be written. So let it be done."
14th March 2007 12:02 PM
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:
"So let it be written. So let it be done."

mojoman ..............................

You are beginning to understand the power of the dark side .

14th March 2007 02:43 PM
glencar This is THE worst year of inductees!
14th March 2007 04:22 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Joey wrote:

mojoman ..............................

You are beginning to understand the power of the dark side .

14th March 2007 04:57 PM
glencar Sadly, eddie looks normal compared to Darth Vader in that pic.
14th March 2007 05:02 PM
pdog I just heard Britney has fallen in love with someone in rehab....
Eddie?
14th March 2007 05:07 PM
glencar The meltdown continues...
14th March 2007 05:14 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:
I just heard Britney has fallen in love with someone in rehab....
Eddie?

hey, all things considered, I think Eddie & Britney are looking pretty good together
14th March 2007 06:20 PM
Joey
You are all on FIRE today !

[cc:ss]
[Edited by Joey]
14th March 2007 06:26 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:

You are all on FIRE today !

[cc:ss]
[Edited by Joey]

And you watch and steal.
15th March 2007 04:14 PM
Poison Dart When you look at all these rock/pop fuck up's who either ended up dead or brain dead (EVH/B.Spears) it's that much more amazing that the Rolling Stones are still putting out music and playing football stadiums in the year 2007.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)