ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

City Hall, Salisbury , UK - 17th January 1964
© 1964 The Associated Newspapers Archuves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick will also be at R n R Hall of Fame induction Return to archive
03-12-04 08:16 AM
Monkey Woman Posted by Doug at Shidoobee:

MICK JAGGER rolls into New York Monday to present magazine mogul Jann Wenner as an inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Wenner, who founded Rolling Stone magazine in 1967 at age 20, receives a lifetime achievement award in the nonperformer category. Also being inducted at the Waldorf-Astoria gala - Prince, Jackson Browne, The Dells, Bob Seger, Traffic, ZZ Top and the late George Harrison. The ceremony airs on VH1 March21.

http://pub6.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm15.showMessage?topicID=7564.topic

And we know ZZ Top will be inducted by Keith... So Mick and Keith will attend the same ceremony. Nice! They should brace themselves for questions from press and fans about an upcoming album!!!
03-12-04 08:30 AM
nankerphelge Would be nice if they gave us a glimmer as to the plans.

One must prepare properly for such things.

I don't think people fully appreciate just how consuming it all is -- especially after coming off the whole Licks thing.

We're a buncha savants -- Rolling Stones Rainmen!

"Tickets are about 5 hundred dollars"

"yeah"

"'Bout 5 hundred dollars"

"yeah"

"Gotta play the Garden"

"yeah, the Garden"

We have calendars to clear!
Appointments to ignore!
Responsibilities to abandon!

WE HAVE BUZZES TO CRAFT THAT COULD TAKE MONTHS!

Ahem.
Sorry -- got a bit excited there!

Anyhow -- would be nice to hear some news straight from the source!!

03-12-04 08:33 AM
LadyJane Hmmmm....seems Mick and Keith are spending a lot of time together lately!!

Nanky...could you PLEASE show a little enthusiasm!! LOL.

LJ.
03-12-04 02:43 PM
Martha When does this air on VH-1?
03-12-04 02:54 PM
LadyJane Martha..according to their website, the show will air on 03/21 at 8 and 10 pm. Get your VCR's set!!!

LJ.
03-12-04 03:02 PM
jb Following VH1's "Behind the Music":Joey and the Who.
03-12-04 03:06 PM
Joey " Following VH1's "Behind the Music":Joey and the Who. "

Yes , THAT is a keeper !!!!!!!!

It details all of my drinking exploits with Keith Moon ( see Malibu , circa 1977 )

Word ! ...........To Your Baby Steelie !!!!!!!

03-12-04 03:09 PM
LadyJane Joey...if you HAD to choose..between the Who and the Stones..which would it be???

I know this is comparable to Sophie's Choice, but I have to ask???

LJ.
03-12-04 03:13 PM
jb ):
03-12-04 03:29 PM
Martha Thanks LJ. I think I'll have to tape the WHO/Joey special as well then. Joey, do you puke at anytime during this show? Barf it up Ronnie!
03-12-04 04:03 PM
Nellcote Is the WHO special going to have a discussion of
Petey's "Research"?

Anyway, Joey, pickup the new UNCUT, it has a sterling
special on your fav band.

http://www.uncut.net/
03-12-04 04:37 PM
Joey " Thanks LJ. I think I'll have to tape the WHO/Joey special as well then. Joey, do you puke at anytime during this show? Barf it up Ronnie! "

Yes , I explain in great detail how I went through two sets of stomach linings during the year 1976

" Anyway, Joey, pickup the new UNCUT, it has a sterling
special on your fav band.

http://www.uncut.net/ "

I bought it two weeks ago -- went right to the last part of the magazine where all of the reviews appear of " Face Dances " , " It's Hard " and Pete's solo stuff from the early eighties .

Man were the journalists and the critics hard on my Petey back then , especially when nobody else was writing anything better during that time frame ( except for MAYBE The Clash !!!!! )
03-13-04 05:43 AM
Monkey Woman Talking about Mick and Jann Wenner... To his credit, JW got Mick to give in 1995 one of his best interviews ever, a long, frank and involved talk on his life, the Stones, Keith, Brian, etc. It's on Rollingstone.com under the title "Jagger Remembers":
http://www.rollingstone.com/features/featuregen.asp?pid=1880

"JW: When were you first aware that you were this beauty, that you had a power to attract both boys and girls?

MJ: Oh, from the beginning.

JW: The girls, then the boys?

MJ: Both, always."

----

"JW: How's your hearing?

MJ: My hearing's all right. But we worry about it because they play far too loud. Sometimes I use earplugs because it gets too loud on my left ear.

JW: Why your left ear?

MJ: Because Keith's standing on my left. [Laughter.]"

-----

"JW: Rock & roll is a very macho field.

MJ: Yeah, but the Rolling Stones isn't just a rock band."

BEST VIEWED HIGH