ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

City Hall, Salisbury , UK - 17th January 1964
© 1964 The Associated Newspapers Archuves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Muddy Water's Daughter Sings the Blues Return to archive
03-12-04 06:59 AM
nankerphelge GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - An arrest warrant was issued for the daughter of blues artist Muddy Waters in the 1996 murder of a 19-year-old man, authorities said.

Timothy Harrington was shot and his death was linked to a drug deal, according to court records. His remains weren't found until 2000.

After determining the identity of the remains, detectives focused on Waters' daughter, Rosalind Morganfield, 34, and David Myhand, 38, of Gainesville.

Myhand was arrested Wednesday for first-degree murder and is being held without bond.

Authorities believe Morganfield lives in the Hillsborough or Pinellas County area, although she has been seen in Gainesville in recent weeks. Alachua County Sheriff's Lt. Jim Troiano said investigators have talked with family members, friends and artists such as musician Bo Diddley.

Muddy Waters, who was born McKinley Morganfield, died in 1983.
03-12-04 08:36 AM
Nellcote Irony here is lyrics to Muddy's "Deep Down In Florida" from his great lp "Hard Again" clearly state:

Yeah, well I think I'll go down in Gainesville,
just to see an old friend of mine
Well, I believe I'll cut down in Gainesville,
oh, just to see an' old buddy of mine

Wonder what his daughter was thinkin?
03-12-04 11:11 AM
polksalad69 Was she mentioned in the Muddy bio by Robert Gordon? Don't have a photographic memory but many of his children were mentioned.

BEST VIEWED HIGH