ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

City Hall, Salisbury , UK - 17th January 1964
© 1964 The Associated Newspapers Archuves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: U2 as a Clue? Return to archive Page: 1 2
03-11-04 01:33 PM
gimmekeef One thing I have been thinking about re a 2004/05 tour is the common roadies etc used by the Stones and U2.With no rumours of a U2 tour (yet)this might indicate a Stones deal is in the works?
03-11-04 01:35 PM
jb I heard there would be a U2 tour this year..but it seems that the Stones will definitely be hitting the road in late 04 early 05....
03-11-04 01:49 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
jb wrote:
I heard there would be a U2 tour this year..but it seems that the Stones will definitely be hitting the road in late 04 early 05....

Nope - I heard the U2 plans were pushed back, so the Stones are free to take their crew back. Bono can go back to wearing those ridiculous glasses and sipping bottled water.

-tSYX --- Ahhghghhhhhh (bono wail)...
03-11-04 02:03 PM
Nellcote I understand Edge is torqued off @ one Bono for his "save the world" stance inteferring with the band. I thought I'd read where they were working again with the Joshua Tree producer, and had a disc near to finished? Sounds like Bono is getting Macca disease..
03-11-04 02:12 PM
erikjjf I heard U2 couldn't decide on whether to stick to small arenas or, as Bono wishes, return the over-the-top stadiums shows again.
03-11-04 02:19 PM
Joey " I heard there would be a U2 tour this year..but it seems that the Stones will definitely be hitting the road in late 04 early 05.... "

No , I have been informed by numerous reliable sources that U2 have shelved their 2004 Tour plans in order to make way for the Oooooooooooooo !

Word ! To Your Grand Pappys !!!!!!!!!!!!

For Kit : " Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

D. J. Jazzy Joe and The Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !
03-11-04 02:43 PM
Nellcote Oh no, Pete Townsend and the Research Tour coming to a closet near you....
03-11-04 02:47 PM
Joey " Oh no, Pete Townsend and the Research Tour coming to a closet near you.... "

Hey !!!!! HEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That 's Your Chairman there SON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where's the Respect ?

Huh ?!?!

03-11-04 03:04 PM
Nellcote New product will get respect, what's it been 15 years?
Instead of releasing Scoop 30 or other retread solo projects, how about showing some respect for a great band, while Daltrey could sing. I remain hopeful this past year will set him on the "straight & narrow", however, he's most comfortable when he's slagging Daltrey, so it is a reach at best..Let's see how the Ronnie Lane concert happens, maybe that will be a sign of good things to come. What a lp Rough Mix was...
03-11-04 03:11 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
New product will get respect, what's it been 15 years?
Instead of releasing Scoop 30 or other retread solo projects, how about showing some respect for a great band, while Daltrey could sing. I remain hopeful this past year will set him on the "straight & narrow", however, he's most comfortable when he's slagging Daltrey, so it is a reach at best..Let's see how the Ronnie Lane concert happens, maybe that will be a sign of good things to come. What a lp Rough Mix was...

You make Joey sadder than hell
03-11-04 03:13 PM
Joey " New product will get respect, what's it been 15 years?
Instead of releasing Scoop 30 or other retread solo projects, how about showing some respect for a great band, while Daltrey could sing. I remain hopeful this past year will set him on the "straight & narrow", however, he's most comfortable when he's slagging Daltrey "

You make Joey weep and Shit liquid !
03-11-04 03:15 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
" New product will get respect, what's it been 15 years?
Instead of releasing Scoop 30 or other retread solo projects, how about showing some respect for a great band, while Daltrey could sing. I remain hopeful this past year will set him on the "straight & narrow", however, he's most comfortable when he's slagging Daltrey "

You make Joey weep and Shit liquid !

I have never posted on a weekend or after 5.
[Edited by jb]
03-11-04 03:22 PM
Joey " I have never posted on a weekend or after 5. "

I don't really WANT to post on the weekends , but sometimes I feel I OWE it to the Board to do so !

Word !

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !

Jacky !
03-11-04 04:11 PM
GimmeExile You'll see U2 before you see the Stones again...
03-11-04 04:16 PM
Gazza Correct. U2 will be on the road by the summer.

Great avatar pic btw, GimmeExile
03-11-04 04:20 PM
jb This will be the last Stones tour...
03-11-04 04:28 PM
Joey

This will NOT be last WHO2 Tour ....................
03-11-04 05:25 PM
Joey " Correct. U2 will be on the road by the summer. "

Gazza .........................................

How do you know this ?!?!?!?!

Please , I's justs gots to knows !

Ja- Ja- Ja- Ja- Ja- Ja- Jacky !

03-11-04 05:51 PM
Gazza Theyve a new album scheduled for release pretty soon and they'll be touring behind it.

Not sure where they'll be playing first though, Europe or US
03-11-04 06:03 PM
Monkey Woman Hmmm... If U2 tours this summer, the way should be free for the Stones in the winter of 2004/05.
03-12-04 12:26 PM
Joey " Not sure where they'll be playing first though, Europe or US "

I would guess Europe first as they do not want to be competing with WHO2 this summer / fall .

Developing ..........................................

Jacky T.

03-12-04 12:35 PM
jb JoeyC10/J10, what are the dates and venues for the Who tour?
This weekend at lovely Gulfstream Race track in beautiful Hallandale Florida, the great Paul Rodgers, formerly of Bad Company anf The Firm will be playing as well as John Kay and Stephen Wolf....on Sunday, Dave Sanborne will be on stage.
03-12-04 12:37 PM
telecaster My dislike of U2 has the intensity of a thousand suns

03-12-04 12:39 PM
jb I hate U2 almost as much as Mel Gibson and his hate film.
03-12-04 12:39 PM
Joey " JoeyC10/J10, what are the dates and venues for the Who tour? "

Josh , no U.S. WHO DATES scheduled yet . Developing ........................

www.pollstar.com

You coming up to Denver to see THE WHO with Jaxxy , Max , Baby Steelie , MaxMeister , Moonie , Nanky and myself ?!?!?!

Please say YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Developing ...................................

" This weekend at lovely Gulfstream Race track in beautiful Hallandale Florida, the great Paul Rodgers, formerly of Bad Company anf The Firm will be playing as well as John Kay and Stephen Wolf....on Sunday, Dave Sanborne will be on stage. "

I would like to nuzzle you .

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca !!!!

03-12-04 12:45 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
I hate U2 almost as much as Mel Gibson and his hate film.

I agree jb that "Braveheart" portrayed the good people of Scotland as an unwashed, smelly, war-mongering sadistic people
03-12-04 04:41 PM
Factory Girl U2's last album was horrific drivel. Bono is a drunken buffoon who is a legend in his own mind.

03-12-04 04:43 PM
Joey " U2's last album was horrific drivel. Bono is a drunken buffoon who is a legend in his own mind. "

Factory Girl .......................I would like to caress your kneecaps .

03-12-04 04:47 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
telecaster wrote:
I agree jb that "Braveheart" portrayed the good people of Scotland as an unwashed, smelly, war-mongering sadistic people

Not just scotland. WTF are they gonna portray us as angels? Maybe the next generation of weapon systems will convince ...we are what we are....and it ain't pretty.

03-12-04 04:52 PM
Joey " Not just scotland. WTF are they gonna portray us as angels? Maybe the next generation of weapon systems will convince ...we are what we are....and it ain't pretty. "

Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH