ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

City Hall, Salisbury , UK - 17th January 1964
© 1964 The Associated Newspapers Archuves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jon Voight is my hero(nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
03-11-04 11:46 AM
Joey " By the way...who the hell is Polksalad and how did he/she get damn near 7,000 posts? "

Fiji .................................................

I had tickets to see " Lucinda Williams " at the Baumont Club in Westport this Saturday evening but she cancelled due to the death of her mother -- How " Lame " , huh ?!?!?!

Anyway , I guess that means we will not be able to hook up due to the fact that I will not be making the 2 1/2 hour trip down I - 29 . Oh well , there's always the possibility of that Chiefs' Playoff Game you mentioned for next year .

{ CA - RACK }

( thunderous applause + deafening laughter + standing ovation + Joey taking long bows before the audience )

" I Thank You " ............................

( cue tonight show theme music )

Joey Carson !

03-11-04 11:48 AM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
" By the way...who the hell is Polksalad and how did he/she get damn near 7,000 posts? "

I had tickets to see " Lucinda Williams " at the Baumont Club in Westport this Saturday evening but she cancelled due to the death of her mother -- How " Lame " , huh ?!?!?!

Anyway , I guess that means we will not be able to hook up due to the fact that I will not be making the 2 1/2 hour trip down I - 29 . Oh well , there's always the possibility of that Chiefs' Playoff Game you mentioned for next year .

{ CA - RACK }

( thunderous applause + deafening laughter + standing ovation + Joey taking long bows before the audience )

( cue tonight show theme music )

Joey Carson !

7001 posts?
03-11-04 11:48 AM
PolkSalad
quote:
Joey wrote:
" By the way...who the hell is Polksalad and how did he/she get damn near 7,000 posts? "

Westport? KC? I lived there about 2 months in '94. Never been to the Beaumont but liked the Grand Emporium. Shit, I've got an Emporium t-shirt on right now.

I'd have more posts if I didn't have 2 handles.
03-11-04 11:50 AM
jb
quote:
PolkSalad wrote:

Westport? KC? I lived there about 2 months in '94. Never been to the Beaumont but liked the Grand Emporium. Shit, I've got an Emporium t-shirt on right now.

I'd have more posts if I didn't have 2 handles.

Please elaborate.
03-11-04 11:53 AM
Joey " Westport? KC? I lived there about 2 months in '94. Never been to the Beaumont but liked the Grand Emporium. Shit, I've got an Emporium t-shirt on right now.

I'd have more posts if I didn't have 2 handles. "

I saw Mick Taylor at the Grand Emporium in August of 2001 . The place STILL rocks and parking STILL bites .

" Two Handles " ?!?!?!?!

WTF ?!?!?!

Please Elaborate !

03-11-04 12:17 PM
Factory Girl Propaganda uses any medium-print, film, revision of history.

BTw, I saw the Strokes on Tues. night and they were freakin' GREAT!!
03-11-04 12:56 PM
Monkey Woman The more I learn about Mel, the more I like him... not!

I found on Yahoo News this story by veteran Italian director Franco Zeffirelli, who directed Gibson in his 1991 version of Hamlet.

quote:
Zeffirelli... recounts his own curious experiences of working with Gibson, recalling one scene in Hamlet where Gibson intervened on the set when British actor Ian Holm, playing Polonius, acted out his character's death with his eyes closed.

Zeffirelli recalls Gibson saying: "A wounded animal about to die does not stay with a fixed look, but rolls its eyes in the final spasms, first together, then in the opposite direction, like a cross eyed person. It's almost funny."

"And how would you know?" responded Holm, according to Zeffirelli.

"I've seen plenty die,” replied Gibson, Zeffirelli claims. “When I can, to relax, I go to my farm and kill a lot of calves on the days when they are slaughtered."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/fwd/20040226/en_fashion_fwd/zeffirelli_1
03-11-04 12:58 PM
jb Indeed Monkeywoman, the more we learn about Gibson, the more disturbing it becomes.
03-11-04 02:32 PM
Joey " Indeed Monkeywoman, the more we learn about Gibson, the more disturbing it becomes. "

03-11-04 02:34 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Indeed Monkeywoman, the more we learn about Gibson, the more disturbing it becomes. "

Polksalad69 has more posts than we do
03-11-04 02:37 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:
Polksalad69 has more posts than we do

Yeah..guys...what's up with that????

A formal investigation is warranted!!

LJ.
03-11-04 02:40 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Yeah..guys...what's up with that????

A formal investigation is warranted!!

LJ.

Something is not right.
03-11-04 02:41 PM
Joey " Polksalad69 has more posts than we do "

I thought You and I were KING ?!?!?!?!?!

WTF ?!
03-11-04 05:14 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Westport? KC? I lived there about 2 months in '94. Never been to the Beaumont but liked the Grand Emporium. Shit, I've got an Emporium t-shirt on right now.

I'd have more posts if I didn't have 2 handles. "

I saw Mick Taylor at the Grand Emporium in August of 2001 . The place STILL rocks and parking STILL bites .

" Two Handles " ?!?!?!?!

WTF ?!?!?!

Please Elaborate !

Man, I remember the parking by the Grand Emporium. I also remember walking there. That wasn't too smart, especially w/a young lady.

You know, you get too many posts and so you create a new name. PolkSalad and the original polksalad69.

I dig the Stones yous guys. I'm not just here to post whore and up my post count.
03-11-04 05:14 PM
PolkSalad
quote:
jb wrote:

Please elaborate.

Handle # 2
03-11-04 05:22 PM
Joey " Man, I remember the parking by the Grand Emporium. I also remember walking there. That wasn't too smart, especially w/a young lady. "

Yes , Bad Area of Town ..................Best to take a Cab from the Plaza Hotels to 39th and Main REGARDLESS of the weather .

03-11-04 09:38 PM
gypsy My dad met Jon Voight at a boxing match...got him a front row seat...Jon never said thanks. One of the other trainers said "Jon, I'm a big fan of your work. It's nice to meet you." (This boxing trainer has met several celebrities, and is in no way pesky.) Jon said nothing...gave him a look of disgust, and walked off. Jon is a fucking prick.
Fuck Jon Voight.

But I would so do Angelina if I ever come out of the closet.
03-11-04 11:26 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox
quote:
jb wrote:

Something is not right.

isnt this kind of like baseball? ichiro suzuki didnt get to keep his stats from the japanese leagues.
03-12-04 12:46 AM
polksalad69
quote:
HardKnoxDurtySox wrote:
isnt this kind of like baseball? ichiro suzuki didnt get to keep his stats from the japanese leagues.

feel free to post over there:

http://www.novogate.com/board/2891/index.php

http://www.novogate.com/board/3082/

they all count.
03-12-04 02:49 PM
mickmask I remember seeing an interview with Angelina saying that her father abused her as a child and Voigt strongly denying it and saying that she was mentally ill. I'm not sure I'd put much money on his "word". GO0000000000 MELLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!! He's not anti Semitic , he just wanted us to WAKE UP to the way we're living. It took guts to do this.
03-12-04 02:54 PM
jb
quote:
mickmask wrote:
I remember seeing an interview with Angelina saying that her father abused her as a child and Voigt strongly denying it and saying that she was mentally ill. I'm not sure I'd put much money on his "word". GO0000000000 MELLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!! He's not anti Semitic , he just wanted us to WAKE UP to the way we're living. It took guts to do this.

Mel is dirty piece of shit who hopefully will rot in hell!!!!!
03-12-04 02:57 PM
Joey " But I would so do Angelina if I ever come out of the closet. "

************** UNBELIEVABLE BLANK FRIGGIN STARE ***************************
03-12-04 02:58 PM
jb ):
03-12-04 03:09 PM
Joey

Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH