ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

City Hall, Salisbury , UK - 17th January 1964
© 1964 The Associated Newspapers Archuves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: News from Charlie's Booking Agent Return to archive Page: 1 2
03-10-04 04:47 AM
UGot2Rollme courtesy of Klaus, Tell Me Forum, IORR.org:
----------------------------------
this is what rosebud answered me today, and it sounds great:

Hi Klaus

Thanks for your message and your interest in Charlie Watts. Unfortunately, Charlie has informed us that other plans with The Rolling Stones have come up that will make him unavailable after May. There are no new dates at this
time.

If you'd like to keep up to date with his touring plans, you can go check at http://www.rosebudus.com/tourdates/watts.html. If you’re interested, you can also sign yourself up to receive email updates on added tour dates. Simply click on the "Tour Dates via Email" yellow icon at the top of the tour dates page and enter your email address. Thanks for your message and continued support of Charlie Watts.

Best regards,
Jennifer
The Rosebud Agency

> Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 21:23:26 +0100
> To:
> Subject: Charlie Watts and His Tentet - Europe Concerts
>
> Hello, just read that all dates with Charlie watts and His Tentet are
> cancelled. Can you tell me why? Are there new dates planned?
> Thanks, best regards.
03-10-04 05:06 AM
fmk438j Now that's what I call detective work.

There's no hiding from the combined investigative power of the rolling stones fans.
03-10-04 05:13 AM
Nellcote Yes! This is the confirmation.

Where is SERGI?
03-10-04 05:22 AM
kahoosier I guess it is very official now! I bet on the rumoured short tour fall 2004, and something for all of us in 2005!
03-10-04 05:23 AM
Jumacfly Well done Ugot2rollme...
great investigation!!!
cheers
Ju
03-10-04 06:06 AM
LadyJane It's gonna happen folks!! Just like my tag line says "There will be a next time".

My guess...new album to be recorded this Summer.

What a way to start the day!!

LJ.
03-10-04 06:58 AM
Daethgod now lets just hope the boys come back to Oz !

we want another show !!!

03-10-04 07:00 AM
nankerphelge Very nice work -- I knew he had other plans!!

03-10-04 08:23 AM
Monkey Woman Bon sang mais c'est bien sûr... Great thinking on Klaus's part. And this is proof again that Charlie is a great guy. Thanks, thanks, thanks.

03-10-04 09:20 AM
nankerphelge I think the most interesting aspect of this news is that Charlie likes his tentet thangy -- yet, he bailed for the Stones -- that is very encouraging!!

I smell a fall tour -- either that or the Cod Au' Gratin I had for dinner last nite...
03-10-04 09:56 AM
Sir Stonesalot I hate to be a wet blanket folks, but this doesn't mean anything yet. Reason to be optimistic for sure, but don't get that cart in front of the horse.

Patience is a virtue.

I'll get excited when I see the blimp thingy in NYC again.
03-10-04 10:18 AM
Monkey Woman Yes, and it raises another question: what vehicle will they use to launch the next tour (when that happens, of course)? They did the truck, the car, the choo-choo, the yacht, the blimp... What's left? Helicopter? Submarine? Wait, not a submarine, that's for the Beatles! LOL
03-10-04 10:24 AM
nankerphelge Chiba Chariot!
03-10-04 10:24 AM
Sir Stonesalot Oh man...a submarine would be soooooooo coooooool.

Can you imagine?

There you are down at the Port Authority, waiting around on the deck of the Intrepid, and SPLOOOSH! A big ol' sub with a big ol' Stones tounge breaches out of the waterThen, out of the sky swoops a flight of Hueys, blasting Midnight Rambler. One by one, each Stone is picked up offa the deck of the sub and delivered onto the deck of the carrier. They then announce to the world...the mission is accomplished!!! A new album and tour are ready for consumption!

Oh yeah. That would be sweet.
03-10-04 10:41 AM
jb It's too soon..they should wait until late 05 or I fear poor ticket sales.
03-10-04 11:36 AM
LadyJane How about each Stone in a fighter jet arriving on the flight deck the USS Rocks Off!!

With all of us cheering them on!!!

LOL.

LJ.
03-10-04 11:38 AM
jb What will this tour be called? What will be the theme? The 40th anniv thing generated a lot of interest and will be tough to match....
03-10-04 01:38 PM
Poplar
Budweiser presents:

The Rolling Stones No Theme Tour.

Chiba Chariot it is, Nanky.

03-10-04 01:58 PM
jb They(Keith and Ronnie) seemed so out of it by the end of the last tour, it's hard to imagine that they will be ready again so quickly.
03-10-04 05:06 PM
IanBillen
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Yes, and it raises another question: what vehicle will they use to launch the next tour (when that happens, of course)? They did the truck, the car, the choo-choo, the yacht, the blimp... What's left? Helicopter? Submarine? Wait, not a submarine, that's for the Beatles! LOL

There will not be a vehicle to launch the
next tour. That is over....at least for right
now. They have done a Truck, Train, Boat, Caddy, and Blimp. They don't want to look silly by trying something
that has been done to death. The Stones at 60
would go over better by being conservative with
the press conference vehicles for the year 2004. On Stage they can let it loose and do whatever but as for the big entrance at the press conference.....what are they supposed to do this time have the Stones come to a press conference by way of a the space shuttle? I think they could do a press conference for the tour and album but I don't think they will try and make a grand entetrance by some kind of vehicle anymore. We just seen that two years ago. It would seem overdone and semi-silly (even for The Stones)right now. A major press conference is fine without
the famous entrance. You could have the press conference at a neat location though.
Ian
03-10-04 06:02 PM
Jumacfly this tour will surely have the name of the album hu??
03-10-04 06:18 PM
Stray Cat UK Yeah - the album is to be called ''Chuck is Chucked''
03-10-04 06:20 PM
Jumacfly or "starchucker"
03-10-04 07:54 PM
luxury1 Well, well
03-10-04 08:15 PM
parmeda
quote:
jb wrote:
It's too soon..they should wait until late 05 or I fear poor ticket sales.

jb...I love ya to death.
You know I do.

But please, just this once...
Bite your tongue.
Bite it so hard that it bleeds and you need medical assistance.
Send me the stained gauzes...
I need proof.

" "
03-10-04 08:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
It's too soon..they should wait until late 05 or I fear poor ticket sales.

Who cares about ticket sales? The important thing is whether you're in the audience or not.
03-10-04 09:01 PM
Soldatti I think that first will come the album this year with a heavy promotion and then the tour to promote the album because the press will kill the band if they tour without a new album again.
[Edited by Soldatti]
03-12-04 11:45 AM
gotdablouse Who cares about the press, the press have "killed" the Eagles for decades and these guys are still selling out anything they want.

Please reread the Uncut Keith interview where he tells us in essence "we don't need to put out new songs to fill up stadiums and line our pockets with gold" and that seems to be what they're after these days unfortunately for those of us who got into the Stones for their music more than to watch them play sanitized music with a bunch of bland musicians like Chuck "plinky plonk" Leavell and Darryl "Where's Sting" Jones.
03-12-04 11:55 AM
jb
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Who cares about the press, the press have "killed" the Eagles for decades and these guys are still selling out anything they want.

Please reread the Uncut Keith interview where he tells us in essence "we don't need to put out new songs to fill up stadiums and line our pockets with gold" and that seems to be what they're after these days unfortunately for those of us who got into the Stones for their music more than to watch them play sanitized music with a bunch of bland musicians like Chuck "plinky plonk" Leavell and Darryl "Where's Sting" Jones.

Sad, but true.
03-12-04 12:15 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Who cares about the press, the press have "killed" the Eagles for decades and these guys are still selling out anything they want.

No, I don't think it's that. I don't think the Stones are quite that trivial or cynical....except maybe for purely pr reasons. I mean if they're washed up as artists maybe they'd try to hide behind that sort of thing. Which I suppose is possible. But I don't think so. The real question is..are they washed up as artists? My guess is that they're just in no hurry. But time passes real quick. So it's time. The timing is right now. Those guys aren't going to let the Legacy go down the drain for a few extra bucks. No way Keith is too proud (and rightly so) to let that happen. He just wants to say "I told you so, you cocksucker" one more time.

Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH