ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

City Hall, Salisbury , UK - 17th January 1964
© 1964 The Associated Newspapers Archuves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: White Stripes Lead Singer Pleads Guilty (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
03-11-04 09:57 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy He deserves it - the new Von Bondies album sucks hard. "C'mon C'mon" is the most boring lifeless single I've heard in years from a band that sounded so promising - I mean, listen to "No Sugar Mama", which could only be described as "jazz/swing-punk", wildly inventive and really catchy, and then listen to the moronic, wailing "C'mon, C'mon".

"I see an opening act for The Darkness here, Ronnie..."

-tSYX --- Hawayahyaggh, c'mon, c'mon...
03-11-04 12:47 PM
Nasty Habits The Von Bondies suck and have always sucked. They sucked when Jack was producing them and was fucking the bass player. They continue to suck now. They will suck tomorrow. That does not mean the guy deserve to get his ass beat. If being in a sucking rock and roll band (actually, the Von Bondies have always "rocked" and never "rolled" which is why they "suck") is worthy of pummelry then well over three quarters of the bands in the world would be bruised and bloody on a regular basis.

03-11-04 01:39 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy No, I guess you're right. No one deserves to be beaten for making bad music - the guy was a jerk to Jack White, though, slagging him in the press and then not having the guts to say it to his face. Not sure he deserves quite the level of punishment Jack gave him, but hey.

Now, if Keith had done that to him, would your answer be different?

-tSYX --- Gotta get into a fight...
03-11-04 01:55 PM
Nasty Habits No.
03-11-04 02:31 PM
Joey " No "

03-11-04 02:42 PM
Nasty Habits DAMN! A Joey snoreticon review! After I worked so hard to avoid them over in the School of Rock thread!

Oh well.

Sorry.

Can't avoid self righteousness ALL the time.

03-11-04 02:52 PM
Joey " DAMN! A Joey snoreticon review! After I worked so hard to avoid them over in the School of Rock thread!

Oh well.

Sorry.

Can't avoid self righteousness ALL the time. "

You make Joey smile .
03-11-04 02:54 PM
Sir Stonesalot Look, this whole thing was so 3rd grade...and it really diminished my respect for Jack White.

BTW, Nasty...there is no reason to avoid self-righteousness. When you are right, you are right, you know what I mean? There should be no shame in that.
03-11-04 07:26 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
DAMN! A Joey snoreticon review! After I worked so hard to avoid them over in the School of Rock thread!

I like that word "snoreticon"!
03-12-04 12:14 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Look, this whole thing was so 3rd grade...and it really diminished my respect for Jack White.

Ehh... unless Jack White releases another "holding pattern" album like Elephant, he's still got my respect. If a guy thinks he can be a dick to you in the papers and then not say it to your face, then he's worthless and should be considered a coward.

That doesn't mean, however, that you should beat the shit out of him.

Even if his new album sucked.

Still, both Mick and Keith have done some relatively immature things in the past, but they've been able to put it behind them for the most part. I figure this isn't any different.

-tSYX --- You know that we do take-away...
03-12-04 09:01 AM
Factory Girl Audioslave covers "seven Nation army".

I like "snoreticon" also. It makes me feel all warm and snorkely.
03-12-04 01:32 PM
Sleazy Hugh
quote:

Sleazy Hugh wrote:
I p-p-p-prefer m-m-m-motorhead.

G-g-g-gentlemen prefer motorhead.

Ben Gurion wrote: for what?

F-f-f-for auto gratific-c-c-ation!

[Edited by Sleazy Hugh]
03-12-04 01:56 PM
Sir Stonesalot I guess I need to remember that you are the Savage YOUNG Xyzzy.

I have respect for Brian Jones as a musician, but none as a man.

I have respect for Jack White as a musician....but now a lot less for the man.

Celebs (and in this case I'm using that term VERY loosely) bash each other in the press all the time and there is never a brawl involved. The entire White/Stollsteimer thing is completely 3rd grade. Jack could have had his say and then walked away....but he didn't. He resorted to his fists. And that is really stupid on many many levels.

He's really lucky that this didn't end up a lot worse.

03-12-04 02:01 PM
nankerphelge Yeah -- but if someone spits on you -- kinda hard not to rearrange him a bit, doncha think?
03-12-04 02:08 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
He resorted to his fists. And that is really stupid on many many levels.

But not on ALL levels. There's a time to turn the other cheek but sometimes there's a time to smash the other cheek. It's all relative....ya know?

03-12-04 03:05 PM
Sir Stonesalot Nank...Jack is the one who did the spitting.

Motels...Yes there is a time when there is no other choice. I have been pushed across that line more times than I care to recall. But THIS would not have been one of those times. people bad mouth me here every day...and I don't give a shit. I'm certainly not gonna beat the shit out of anyone over it.

Stollsteimer gave Jack a tongue lashing in a minor music magazine article. So what? No one really gives a fuck what Jason Stollsteimer says. It certainly isn't worth risking a promising career over it. I mean, Jack White had just had his hand surgically repaired! What would he have done if he ended up wrecking that repair job...or worse, done even MORE, and possibly permenant damage? Not to mention the criminal aspects of this. If the Ag assault charge would have stuck(and it easily could have) he'd be looking down the barrel of at LEAST a year in the joint. And you don't get the country club for Ag Assault. AND I'd imagine Stollsteimer will get a hefty chunk of Jack's bank account after he files a civil suit. Over what?? A perceived slight in the press??? That's ridiculous.

There is no defense of Jack White's actions. He fuckin' blew it big time.
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH