ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

City Hall, Salisbury , UK - 17th January 1964
© 1964 The Associated Newspapers Archuves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bisexual Stones daughters? Return to archive
03-09-04 09:42 PM
Jacobesque I just saw a news piece someone posted recently about the daughters getting lap dances and making out with each other. Whatever floats your boat, but heres my mystery in general:

Tons of girls I know in college call themselves straight, but when they are drinking they start dancing and making out with each other. Lots of girls do this. Ive asked them about it later and they brush it off like "No, we are straight, we were just having fun." Or, "I'm not bisexual, we were just drunk and letting loose!" Or, "We just felt like getting crazy once in awhile."

I dont know ANY straight guys who do this, and Ive read that all women are bisexual at some level. But these girls claim to be straight, and Ive seen lots of them do it, including the lap dances and strip clubs etc where they make out with each other. Does this not gross women out to do that with each other as it would for guys?
Any thoughts to clear up this enduring mystery are welcome...
03-09-04 09:57 PM
ResidentMule i think your overspeculating
03-09-04 10:07 PM
Jacobesque Maybe...I just dont understand the discrepancy...of how so many women do that and yet they are straight...I have nothing against gay people or whatever, I just wonder about things I see.
03-09-04 10:44 PM
parmeda
quote:
Jacobesque wrote:
Tons of girls I know in college call themselves straight, but when they are drinking they start dancing and making out with each other. Lots of girls do this. Ive asked them about it later and they brush it off like "No, we are straight, we were just having fun." Or, "I'm not bisexual, we were just drunk and letting loose!" Or, "We just felt like getting crazy once in awhile."

I think you just answered your own question.
It's the work of "the spirits" my friend, lol.
03-09-04 11:02 PM
polksalad69 My sister always thought it was gross when II girls kissed each other. Same w/Mrs Polk. Oh well, it's a younger generation thing and I'm from the X one.
03-09-04 11:03 PM
Zack Clearly, chicks are not as naturally homophobic like guys are. They pee together, they shower together, etc. Why not innocently dance and snog a bit too? Guys are fascinated by lesbians (eg. all those "Friends" jokes and Howard Stern)but I don't think seeing two guys together turns a girl on.

Discuss, Ronnie!
03-09-04 11:07 PM
kahoosier Well than this will really gross you out.

My best gay friend has always maintained that when he was younger he had more succes "scoring" at his younger brothers' straight parties than gay bars. Or as he put it, there is not " a straight boy that cannot be bent on a boring Saturday night with a bottle of Jack Daniels."

What about all the laughable stories about "circle jerks?" Does that make any guy that masturbated with a freind behind the garage in his youth gay? No, they were just having fun. And it is much more common that people like to talk about.

It is just that the Western male has much more invested into his macho image than women do in their feminity. It happens with guys that freak because Mick licked Ronnie's face on SNL way back in 1978 or refuse to deal with Mick's quietly admitted bisexuality. The gross out part is learned.

To be turned on by watching same sex activity is to point toward a degree of homo or bisexaulity. To Not be turned on, to be disinterested, that is the heterosexaul response. To be repulsed, angered, "grossed out" is the reponse of someone that has been trained to think of homsexaulity, even if they "have nothing against it," as wrong or sick. If it is HOMSEXUALITY that is gross, isn't it strange that tho it freaks guys out, girl on girl does not "gross" them out?

Now if you doubt that, I invite you out to the Pacific. I have lived amongst islanders for a decade now. I will not rely on classic history and Greco-Roma acceptances. In much of Micronesia, Polynesia (including many native Hawiians) and a large portion of the Asian population, homosexaulity is a non-issue. The only people out here it seems to "gross out" are the Transplanted Westerners. There is even an old Hawaiin tradtition that a family that has three sons in a row raises the third as a daughter. So having lived for a decade with these populations, I assure you that the "grossed out" feeling, no matter how much you want to believe it, is not a biologic response, but a learned behavior ingrained from years of prejudicial training.

[Edited by kahoosier]
03-10-04 12:02 AM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
kahoosier wrote:

It is just that the Western male has much more invested into his macho image than women do in their feminity. It happens with guys that freak because Mick licked Ronnie's face on SNL way back in 1978 or refuse to deal with Mick's quietly admitted bisexuality. The gross out part is learned.

Fine words Kahoosier. I was 14 years old when I watched the original broadcast of that SNL performance in 1978 and I was already a die hard Rolling Stones fan, but just about all of my friends didn't like them. When I went to school on Monday morning I can't tell you how many male friends (after seeing the performance) gave me a hard time about liking a band with a 'fag' as a lead singer. Well... adolescence is a tough game but I was always secure enough with my own sexuality, hetero-sexuality that is, that I got a kick out of Mick's performance. And for the rest of my high school years, I absolutely loved watching other heterosexual male friends struggle to understand why so many females thought Mick was so sexy when so many males thought of him as something less than a 'complete' man. I like to think that these unfortunate classmates had already been brainwashed by their fathers? of how a 'real' man should behave even if he's in a rock 'n' roll band. For me, Mick's playful sexuality is definitely another one of the facets of The Rolling Stones that many try to emulate but never come close... ambiguity can be a beautiful thing.

I'm the one that posted the story about Theo & Lizzie but only as a side note to the already posted photo of the Hansen clan.

03-10-04 01:15 AM
stickyturd A friend told me that in the 70's, it was "hip" for so-called straight men to hook up with each other, much like it is hip now for so-called straight women to do so. Is that true?

Russ
03-10-04 04:07 AM
Navin "Everyone knows everyone is basically bisexual"
03-10-04 07:58 AM
nankerphelge "circle jerk = two guys behind a garage"

For those who did not excell in geometry -- two guys does not make a circle!

At best it is a line -- I've never heard of a "line jerk"

No, my poor misguided friend -- a circle jerk requires a "circle" -- say 9 men or so in Cleveland -- and a "pivot man"!!

Wait a second -- Cleveland???
How did that slip in there!

03-10-04 08:07 AM
Zeeta Cottaging?
03-10-04 10:09 AM
Joey " Tons of girls I know in college call themselves straight, but when they are drinking they start dancing and making out with each other. Lots of girls do this. Ive asked them about it later and they brush it off like "No, we are straight, we were just having fun." Or, "I'm not bisexual, we were just drunk and letting loose!" Or, "We just felt like getting crazy once in awhile."

Actually , it is a lot like David Letterman said to Paul Shaffer one night on his television program :

" You know how the girls are these days Paul , they are all over the map . "

Word !

03-10-04 04:16 PM
Scottfree I don't care about peoples sexuality, I just wish it would stop being pointed out, I don't give a care......
03-10-04 04:56 PM
Joey " I don't care about peoples sexuality, I just wish it would stop being pointed out, I don't give a care...... "

03-10-04 04:58 PM
Joey " I don't care about peoples sexuality, I just wish it would stop being pointed out, I don't give a care...... "

www.HoweMilitary.com
03-11-04 12:14 PM
gimmekeef My God we need a tour or album fast to get some real issues to chat about!
03-11-04 12:53 PM
Saint Sway I swear I'm going to marry one of Keiths daughters.

BEST VIEWED HIGH