ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

City Hall, Salisbury , UK - 17th January 1964
© 1964 The Associated Newspapers Archuves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Lucinda Williams tour cancelled (NSC) Return to archive
03-09-04 07:38 PM
Gazza For those of you with tickets for her upcoming shows, the remainder of the tour has been cancelled as her mother died yesterday.

Shows will probably be rescheduled for August.
03-09-04 11:45 PM
Martha My sympathies go out to Lucinda and her family.
03-10-04 11:39 AM
Larry Dallas Lucinda's music just gets better and better. I'm very sorry for her loss. I hope she finds some peace among the hard times to come.
03-10-04 11:43 AM
jb
quote:
Larry Dallas wrote:
Lucinda's music just gets better and better. I'm very sorry for her loss. I hope she finds some peace among the hard times to come.

Yes, the death of a parent is very hard to cope with.
03-10-04 03:54 PM
Joey

I had tickets for the Kansas City Show Saturday night !!!!!

Bono never cancelled any performances when his Dad passed away during the band's last tour -- What a Pussy Lucinda Williams is , Huh ?!?! ...........................Wait !!!!!! Strike that !!! ..............................

{ CA - RACK }

Triple Ronnie !

Jersee Joe !
03-10-04 03:56 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

I had tickets for the Kansas City Show Saturday night !!!!!

Bono never cancelled any performances when his Dad passed away during the band's last tour -- What a Pussy Lucinda Williams is , Huh ?!?! ...........................Wait !!!!!! Strike that !!! ..............................

{ CA - RACK }

Triple Ronnie !

Done with the training?

Jersee Joe !

03-10-04 04:00 PM
Sir Stonesalot Joey...did you really have tickets to see Lucinda?

I'm impressed that you even know who she is.
03-10-04 04:04 PM
Joey " Joey...did you really have tickets to see Lucinda?

I'm impressed that you even know who she is. "

Yes I DID my egg roll rolling , Central Pennsylvania , Hershey Park attending , serious posting pal .

I was talked into it by my " Drinking Crew " two weeks ago ................they are all on the " cutting edge " .

Word !

J.
03-10-04 04:06 PM
jb I heard she does a great cover of "Dirt Cowboy".
03-10-04 04:10 PM
Joey " I heard she does a great cover of "Dirt Cowboy". "

My friends told me she plays a tasty " Who Set "
as an Encore .

03-10-04 06:30 PM
Gazza >Bono never cancelled any performances when his Dad passed away during the band's last tour

well..er...Bono's dad died in between two back to back Saturday concerts at Slane castle in Ireland in 2001. I dont think he had any shows scheduled in between his dad dying and the 2nd show, and they fitted the funeral in for the day before the second show, if I remember right. I'd imagine that unlike Lucinda Williams he didnt have too far to go home!

Bill Wyman's dad died the same day as the Stones did that great Tokyo show in 1990 that was broadcast on TV. And of course, Keith went ahead with the Paris shows in 1976 (also filmed) even though his daughter had unexpectedly died the day of the first show. I guess different people have different ways of coping.
03-10-04 06:36 PM
Poplar
yep. bummer. this happened right before her show in Charlotte on Sunday. Show was sold out. People were even already outside the Visualite, "tailgating" - so to speak. needless to say - folks went home a little upset.

03-11-04 12:52 PM
Saint Sway Sorry to hear. I lost my mother recently and I know how painful this can be.

Lucinda is one of my fav artists. Shes a true rocker. Call me crazy but I consider the female version of Keith. Really love her new album.

btw, the opening act on this tour is the Bottle Rockets. Great alt-country rock band! Very Dead Flowers-ish. Check em out!

BEST VIEWED HIGH