ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

City Hall, Salisbury , UK - 17th January 1964
© 1964 The Associated Newspapers Archuves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Did keith use a base amp in the 70's?? Return to archive
03-08-04 03:43 PM
headshrinker I know that keith used an ampeg v-4 in the early 70's. but when i was searching for information on the internet it said the v-4 was a base amp.

can n e 1 confirm that he used a base amp?
03-08-04 04:30 PM
Joey " I know that keith used an ampeg v-4 in the early 70's. but when i was searching for information on the internet it said the v-4 was a base amp.

can n e 1 confirm that he used a base amp? "

I don't know about all of that , but I can tell you that the Stones were indeed a better band when Mick Taylor played guitar for them .

Word .....................to your Grand Pappy !

Stuttering Joe !
03-08-04 05:11 PM
headshrinker sorry i meant BASS amp not base incase it caused n e confussion
03-08-04 07:20 PM
stickyturd The Ampeg V-4 is so powerful that it can be used for bass--but, it is a guitar amp.

There is a bass amp called the V-4B that Bill used during the same time period, though.

Russ
03-09-04 04:23 AM
Mathijs I have seen the V4 just two times in the Stones camp: On the flatbed truck in 1975, and as a slave amp in the El Mocambo in 1977. On all other concerts from 1969 until 1978 Keith, Taylor, Wood and Wyman all used 300 watt Ampeg SVT amps, and these are for both guitar and bass. keith and Ron switched to Boogie mark IIC+ for the 81/82 tour, Bill kept playing the SVT's. However, the V-4 is a scaled down SVT, so soundwise is it the same, just smaller (a V4 is rated 120 watt).

Mathijs
03-09-04 10:32 AM
jb It also makes a great gift....

BEST VIEWED HIGH