ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

City Hall, Salisbury , UK - 17th January 1964
© 1964 The Associated Newspapers Archuves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Blood on the Tracks ( NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
03-12-04 10:30 PM
Taptrick You guys have inspired me. I grew up on Dylan. I was born in 65 and knew the word to some songs by age 5. I am making a CD for my father that captures a lot of the music he listened to at the time - and I found myself obtaining "Stuck Inside of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again". Untapped memories came pouring back to mind. I have decided to explore Dylan's catalogue from start to finish. Do you guys suggest starting chronologically or just jumping in the fire?

Also, great story - my mother and father were going to a bar in St. Louis called Mississippi Nights (or was it Muddy Waters - can't remember). This was sometime after Dylan's motorcycle accident and as my parents tell the story he had stopped performing for a while. I can't remember who they went to see but Dylan was not on the marquee. But who comes out and performs without explanation under a different name - Dylan....that's their story, can anyone confirm?
03-13-04 11:59 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

Hey tsyx - it took me a long time to really settle into Hard Rain. Figure maybe you have that to look forward to when you get to 30.

nasty's right(imo) tSYX - if you stick with Bob you'll get it eventually - it's the sort of record best appreciated when going through or after having gone through some extreme emotinal trauma and,in your realtive youth, you may have managed to avoid such things thus far but, unfortunately, as nasty put it "you have that to look forward to" - this record will help you when the time comes - i know it worked (works) for me (ha!!)

following the discussion above i got my copy out for a spin - while "idiot wind" is as mentioned full of anger, resentment and loathing (indeed almost all the tracks have this tone to some degree)it is also hilarious - but the humour is dark,not always easy to see and merciless(no-one is spared, least of all Dylan himself) but who can resist a laugh at "they say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy/ she inherited a million bucks and when she died, it came to me/ I can't help it if i'm lucky"
03-14-04 12:05 AM
stonedinaustralia i just remmebered a quote of bob's on "blood on the tracks" - it was in some magazine - they did a big tribute to the album

anyway, when asked what he thought about the popularity of the record amongst his fans he said that(and i paraphrase)he found it hard to understand how people could get so much pleasure out of that kind of pain
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH