ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

City Hall, Salisbury , UK - 17th January 1964
© 1964 The Associated Newspapers Archuves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 2004 Album Releases You Are Looking Forward To Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
03-04-04 08:49 PM
Gazza >"The passion of the Christ" soundtrack which includes:
1)The Jews killed Christ
2)You Filthy Jew
3)You hook-nosed Jew
4)You money grubbing Jew
5)Pontus Pilot is just alright with me
6)Toga party
7)When the whip comes down
8)Sticks and Stones
9)Cross my heart, hope to die
10)Austalia's newest hit makers.

The Rolling Stones Sing Songs Inspired By The Passion Of The Christ Just To Annoy The Fuck Out Of Josh

1) Some Jews
2) One Nail (To The Hand)
3) Between Two Thieves In The Night
4) If I Was A Pharisee (Dance Pt. 4)
5) Where The Rabbis Go
6) Oi Vey (We Got A Good Thing Going)
7) Too Much Blood
8) Everything Is Turning to Gold
9) 2000 Light Years From Reality (Time To Get Over It Folks)
10) Circumcision Blues
11) Out Of Torahs
12) Now I've Got a Witness (Like Uncle Pontius and Uncle Judas)
13) Hold on To Your Yarmulke
14) 5761 Man
15) Yom Kippur Got Me Rocking

The final track is followed by 3 days of silence before a final 'hidden' song which is titled "we did it, Josh - Honest"
03-04-04 08:52 PM
stonedinaustralia gazza - f$%ing hilarious - you've topped jb with his own gag
03-04-04 08:58 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
The final track is followed by 3 days of silence before a final 'hidden' song which is titled "we did it, Josh - Honest"

Argh! Laughing myself silly and banging my head on keyboard!!! Too funny, Gazza!
03-04-04 09:08 PM
ResidentMule "I've read that it's a live album (originally, I thought it was studio) to be released 20th April on ATO Records."

oh damn - now I remember somebody did say it had an april release date. first I remember hearing it'd be live though. I thought his EP from last year was supposed to be the live thing.
03-04-04 09:17 PM
LadyJane HILARIOUS, Gazza!!

You've just brought a much needed chuckle to my evening!!!

LJ.
03-04-04 11:03 PM
Nellie Fox Graham Parker: Your Country

“Your Country” is a warm and melodic genre-bending masterpiece. He can write songs that go from Motown to Nashville without missing a beat; that make touchstones out of Neil Young’s “Harvest” and the Stones’ “Dead Flowers” as easily as Tammy Wynette’s “Stand by Your Man;” that range freely from blistering rock to the keening lonesomeness of a weary troubadour in his fourth decade of laying his heart, guts and soul on the line. A remarkable record from a remarkable songwriter. Features an absolutely killer duet with Lucinda Williams

"Still a touch bilious, and still quite brilliant. 4 stars." Tim Sheridan Mojo

"Parker has been regularly dropping good-to-great albums for the past couple of decades. This is one of the great ones, a Brit's take on Americana that reveals Parker's always formidable songwriting chops are as well honed as ever." Tom Sinclair Entertainment Weekley

"Stinging social commentary, melodic craft, confessional wordplay and passionate performances with healthy doses of piss and vinegar... a pop musical force that meshes the lyrical brilliance of Bob Dylan with the unkempt rock 'n' roll swagger of the Rolling Stones." Tom Semioli Amplifier

BS 106 $14

This CD is available on March 9, 2004

http://www.bloodshotrecords.com/newreleases.php3

03-04-04 11:25 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
jb wrote:
Moshe Dyan sings the blues(Rhino Records)

I'll keep an 'eye' out for it!
03-04-04 11:28 PM
Martha jb and gary thank for letting my know "The Passion of the Christ" is actually a comedy, I was gonna skip it...lol! Priceless track lists I thank you both for the laughs. Maybe you should consider doing Vegas stand-up. LOL

My picks so far;

Any and everything Dylan

Me and Mr. Johnson to be released this month on the 23rd

Honkin' On Bobo (yeah, hear ya' but don't care...) released the 30th

Everything Nellcote listed.

WHO2

U-2

Any Steve Earle, Tom Petty, Johnny Mellencamp

Johnny Cash

White Stripes

and of course.......more Stones
03-05-04 08:16 AM
Snappy McJack Hey, that new Incubus (" A Crow Left of the Murder...") is good. I think that "Megalomaniac" is their best single to date.

I'm also looking forward to some albums, as well.

Velvet Revolver
Aerosmith
Alice in Chains Essentials (Another Comp!)
Clapton
Nine Inch Nails
Beastie Boys
Possibly a new Tom Waits (???)
Possibly a new Queens of the Stones Age (with some new members)
Guns N' Roses ("Chinese Democracy"....um, maybe..I don't know! LOL)
Possibly a new Izzy Stradlin
Possibly a new AC/DC
Possibly a new Audioslave

Doesn't look like the Stones are gonna be doing anything, so I guess that's a "no".

----------------------------------------------------

BTW, Martha. I just checked that Clapton's "Me and Mr.Johnson" now comes out on the 30th, the same day as Aerosmith's "..Bobo". Now you have two albums to look forward to picking up on the same day! Rock on!
03-05-04 08:44 AM
Factory Girl jb, will you open for Neil Diamond???
03-05-04 08:48 AM
Factory Girl Hey Snappy! I just read your list- another Alice In Chains greatest Hits???? Talk about redundancy...

Instead "they" should release Mad Season's "Live At the Moore" on DVD, and release Mad Season's live cd. But, of course, it won't happen.
03-05-04 10:17 AM
Joey

Martha ................................

I would like to Bite and Kiss YOU !

" The kid is going for 7K Today Ronnie ! "

Jazzy !
03-05-04 12:27 PM
T&A both new Claptons, for sure. The live Lou sounds good too.

as for the Dylan '64 - i've heard samples and wasn't convinced this represents a sonic upgrade from the boot, so I'll probably pass. But, if you don't have the boot - this is surely a must-have for even casual Dylan fans.
03-05-04 01:30 PM
Martha
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:

----------------------------------------------------

BTW, Martha. I just checked that Clapton's "Me and Mr.Johnson" now comes out on the 30th, the same day as Aerosmith's "..Bobo". Now you have two albums to look forward to picking up on the same day! Rock on!

Thanks for letting my know that Happy Snappy McJacky! The way my budget works it actually makes it better for me that they are both being released that day! Yoohoo!

And..thank for reminding me about AC/DC's new album...that goes on my list as well as Govt' Mule's new one!
03-06-04 01:13 AM
Egbert I'd like to see the Stones' Virgin material released in SACD form.
03-06-04 01:42 AM
Gibbons
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:
Possibly a new Izzy Stradlin

Will Taz be behind the drum kit?
03-06-04 06:38 AM
egon the 4th specal edition of 40 licks
start me up remix by dr dre
JJF remix by the neptunes
03-06-04 07:44 AM
Some Guy reluctantly the new Van Halen- I think it will be with spammy and not Dave. A Dave reunion would be huge.
03-06-04 08:10 AM
beavie The Faces boxed set and the Allman Brothers Eat A Peach sacd.
03-06-04 02:55 PM
Monkey Woman The Stones, with hope!
Also anything by the White Stripes, Bob Dylan... Toots And The Maytals (with Keith), Jerry Lee Lewis's Old Glory (with Mick and Ronnie). Charlie Watts live album, let's not forget it!
03-07-04 07:07 PM
Bloozehound jj cale has a new album coming out in a few months
03-07-04 07:11 PM
T&A bloozehound:

isn't that the same jj cale album that he's been releasing since 1972? ha-ha...just kidding...love JJ and always buy his albums...never been disappointed.
03-08-04 12:17 AM
FPM C10 Interesting to hear about the Graham Parker album....I saw him play in a guy's living room last year, and it was unbelievable. (I videotaped it too) I've been a fan since "Howlin' Wind", and the last time I saw him was in '82 at the Stanley Theater. I told him that, and that his encore that night was a jaw-dropping version of "Baby I Want You Back" by the Jackson 5 that was one of the best things I've ever seen. He said "well, don't expect THAT tonight...too many fucking chords!" He DID do a Charley Patton song, Gershwin's "Someone To Watch Over Me" (acapella) and Herman's Hermits' "I'm Into Something Good" as well as a ton of classic and recent GP originals. The fact that he was playing in a guy's LIVING ROOM told me A) that I was very fortunate to be there but B) there is no justice in the world. At one point he said if his career continues its decline he'll be playing bathrooms, and a dog started barking in the kitchen so he added "or KENNELS."

So I'll check that one out. I'm looking forward to Hubert Sumlin (PLEASE put it out while he's still alive to cash the royalty checks) and the Jerry Lee Lewis album with "Evening Gown" on it. His last one, "Youngblood", was a KILLER.
03-08-04 01:13 AM
polksalad69
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Interesting to hear about the Graham Parker album....I saw him play in a guy's living room last year, and it was unbelievable. (I videotaped it too) I've been a fan since "Howlin' Wind", and the last time I saw him was in '82 at the Stanley Theater. I told him that, and that his encore that night was a jaw-dropping version of "Baby I Want You Back" by the Jackson 5 that was one of the best things I've ever seen. He said "well, don't expect THAT tonight...too many fucking chords!" He DID do a Charley Patton song, Gershwin's "Someone To Watch Over Me" (acapella) and Herman's Hermits' "I'm Into Something Good" as well as a ton of classic and recent GP originals. The fact that he was playing in a guy's LIVING ROOM told me A) that I was very fortunate to be there but B) there is no justice in the world. At one point he said if his career continues its decline he'll be playing bathrooms, and a dog started barking in the kitchen so he added "or KENNELS."

So I'll check that one out. I'm looking forward to Hubert Sumlin (PLEASE put it out while he's still alive to cash the royalty checks) and the Jerry Lee Lewis album with "Evening Gown" on it. His last one, "Youngblood", was a KILLER.

Great story about GP. That's great. I hope he tours. I checked that link to the Bloodshot site and they only had 2 dates. I've never seen him but since I discovered Steve Gouldings connection to him, I've become very interested.

Saw Hubert last summer w/Bob Margolin, Willie Big Eyes and Carey Bell. Took Hubert awhile to get warmed up. Too bad my camera crapped out on me. Got a few, but they aren't that good.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/36739099/94396593PWRaUi
03-08-04 08:17 PM
Nellie Fox
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Interesting to hear about the Graham Parker album....I saw him play in a guy's living room last year, and it was unbelievable. (I videotaped it too) I've been a fan since "Howlin' Wind", and the last time I saw him was in '82 at the Stanley Theater. I told him that, and that his encore that night was a jaw-dropping version of "Baby I Want You Back" by the Jackson 5 that was one of the best things I've ever seen. He said "well, don't expect THAT tonight...too many fucking chords!" He DID do a Charley Patton song, Gershwin's "Someone To Watch Over Me" (acapella) and Herman's Hermits' "I'm Into Something Good" as well as a ton of classic and recent GP originals. The fact that he was playing in a guy's LIVING ROOM told me A) that I was very fortunate to be there but B) there is no justice in the world. At one point he said if his career continues its decline he'll be playing bathrooms, and a dog started barking in the kitchen so he added "or KENNELS."

Album Review - Graham Parker - Your Country

Throughout his career, Graham Parker has danced around the fringes of
country music without ever succumbing completely to its earthy
overtones, making his latest outing Your Country somewhat of a
departure from, as well as a logical extension of, his pub-rock sound.
Nevertheless, one can't help but feel that while the idea is a good
one, the execution of it is somewhat of a mixed bag.

This is an excerpt. To read the complete review, please visit:

http://www.musicbox-online.com
03-09-04 10:25 AM
Lil Brian today...
The Von Bondies
CloudDead
Squarepusher
Throbbing Gristle
03-09-04 11:05 AM
polksalad69 Mekons Punk Rock
SCOTS new one
[Edited by polksalad69]
03-09-04 12:51 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
reluctantly the new Van Halen- I think it will be with spammy and not Dave. A Dave reunion would be huge.

I'm with ya some guy. Love that avatar.
03-09-04 01:14 PM
Jumacfly LOL GAZZa!!
03-09-04 01:32 PM
jb
Page: 1 2 3

BEST VIEWED HIGH