ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Tokyo Dome March 16, 2003
By Anthony Mathilde -RS.COM Join the RSFC!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Will the Stones cancel or postpone the Asia tour ? Return to archive
03-16-03 11:54 PM
giovi The viral pneumania seems very serious indeed.
I doubt if they will go to Singapore and Hong Kong.
Does anyone here know any news about this ?

P.S. I've got 2 tickets in HK

03-17-03 12:07 AM
Martha
quote:
giovi wrote:
The viral pneumania seems very serious indeed.
I doubt if they will go to Singapore and Hong Kong.
Does anyone here know any news about this ?

P.S. I've got 2 tickets in HK

I've heard the same and have been wondering myself..but haven't heard any specific Stones news yet. I'm sure it will be posted here as soon as someone knows something.

Welcome to the board!
03-17-03 03:55 AM
marko I believe they won�t cancel it.They really wanna go there.
And those songs can be replaced,and,let spend isn�t even
on their set lists.Beast of burden is done what 4 times?
03-17-03 05:34 AM
elmolewis69 I think they will cancel but just the day before the show.
I've already the tix and so I will take my flight, go there and find out that the show has been cancelled with 24 hours advance notice.
Then I will spend my time to recover the cost of the 4 tix (I have 2 singapore and 2 hongkong).
Shit! I will go to Patpong for a thai massage; at least somebody will "start me up".

03-17-03 10:26 AM
LadyJane It's not IF, it's when! War is imminent. I'm watching Fox News and the UN inspectors have been ordered out of Iraq. The President will be addressing the nation tonight. The UN has thrown their hands in the air and the bombs will be dropping soon!

The question now is will they finish the Japan shows?

Add to that this Travel Advisory from the World Health Association re this rampant flu and you can bet they are packing their bags and planning on heading home!

I for one, hope so. Please get out of Asia, boys!!

LadyJ.

03-17-03 10:29 AM
Nellcote As posted here earlier, war begins=Stones tour postponed, out of respect to British, US troops in conflict.
03-17-03 10:32 AM
LadyJane Then I think we can safely conclude that the tour is about to be postponed.

The News Alerts on Fox are coming at the rate of one every 3-4 minutes!!

LadyJ.
03-17-03 10:36 AM
nankerphelge My sources deep DEEP in the Administration tell me we will be going to code orange again momentarily.

Also, one of my sources DEEP in US intel tells me that Hillary did indeed have wolf puss.
03-17-03 10:36 AM
steel driving hammer I thought this was about cancelling because of the War.

Now this disease going around in China may hamper.

The Stones always seem to tour in bad times don't they.
03-17-03 10:47 AM
steel driving hammer Sergei, tell Michael the Hammer said, you can't stop the train you gotta let it roll on.

Happy St. P Day!

Stones withstand, divorce, slander, rip offs, slagging, under age sex, alcohol drugs and Chinese pneumania.

And the band played on...
03-17-03 10:48 AM
Martha
Shit, it really scares me to hear all of this news. It's hard to adjust to it.
03-17-03 10:57 AM
elmolewis69 The boys will continue the tour and support the British Troops. How could we accept that British guys risk their life to protect us and the Stones run away?

I will take my flights despite wars, epidemies and terrorists and be there; and it will be a great show!

03-17-03 12:38 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
SERGEI wrote:
At the moment the moment Michael Cohl (tour promoter) is in discussions with the insurance company as to cancel the tour or not because of the virus and war. I will update the board as soon as I hear anything.

Sergei, you tell that money-grubbin' genius-marketer Mike Cohl that he's gonna be able to print his own money if this tour goes on! Tell him to skip Asia and come back when things are calmer, hit up Europe after a month's rest. Tell him that they can hit the Chinese shows after they go back to the Americas in early '04. Then they'll have a new album (hopefully) and things'll be better worldwide.

-tSYX --- War, children...

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST