ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Tokyo Dome March 16, 2003
By Anthony Mathilde -RS.COM Join the RSFC!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ten Years After - info, please Return to archive
03-14-03 04:04 PM
L&A Hi, all. For some (... let's say 20...) years ago, I liked, between many-many others, Ten Years After.
We know them from Woodstock, they also did the wonderfull Shhh, and also a great live-record, named "Recorded Live". Just listen to "Slow Blues in C", and you will hear the difference between Chuck and Chick (Churchill, the organ and piano player). The album was recorded live with the Rolling Stones mobile recording truck.
I know that Alvin Lee did a come-back with Ten Years Later, and the last thing I have from him is "Nineteenninetyfour", medium quality...
Here my questions:
- Except material they used from the Stones, as many other band in the late 60s and begin 70s did, are there any other connections with the Stones.
- Is Alvin Lee still touring

Tks for your comments !
Luc aka L&A
03-14-03 05:35 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
L&A wrote:
are there any other connections with the Stones.
- Is Alvin Lee still touring

Yes--

Ronnie Wood plays in the first Alvin Lee album "On Road to Freedom"

GREAT NEWS!!!
This album will be released on 17 March, 2003

ON THE ROAD TO FREEDOM! Repertoire Records has announced the release of Alvin Lee's 1st "solo" album on CD coming later this month! Just in time for the 30th anniversary of this outstanding collection of songs by Alvin Lee, Mylon LeFevre and guest musicians like George Harrison, Steve Winwood and Ron Wood.

Mick Taylor joined Alvin Lee in 1981 and toured together, the band was really great, just imagine "One of these days" with Alvin and Mick jamming together. I have some bootlegs if you want.

In the George Harrison album "Dark Horses" he and Ronnie Wood recorded, but not the same songs, not the same recording sessions.

Other connection is that he has recorded with many of the Rolling Stones side musicians like Nicky Hopkins, Bille Preston, Jim Keltner, Mell Collins, Wilie Weeks and some more

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
03-14-03 10:43 PM
Dan I saw Ten Years After at the House of Blues in 1999 with all original members. Fucking amazing show, maybe even equal to the Stones shows I saw that year (when you consider this was all original members, in a club, for $20). The Oakley Krieger band opened and Robbie Krieger joined for a song or two. (or maybe it was Oakley and the son of some other Doors member band...)
03-14-03 10:59 PM
Maxlugar I love Ten Years after. That live album from Germany is the shit! I love the guy announcing them: " Ladieez and Gentlmen, Ten Yeez Zafta!"

Made me long for the Munich Rally!

{{{{CA-WAMMO!}}}}

Bob Costas: Damn Mel, Maxy sure can hit 'em hard even afer at least ten beers!

Mel Allen: Oh sure Bob, Maxy had been known to do this drunk. He's good for the game!"

(THUMP! Roll, roll, roll......)

Bob Costas: Yep, say Mel is that Josh on the on-deck circle? I thought he was suspended? Mel? MEL?! GOOD LORD MEL! WHERE THE HELL IS YOUR HEAD? Can someone find Mel's head and bring it back to the booth?

Mel Allen's Head (In the parking lot): HOW ABOUT THAT!

MACKY BIN MACKY!
03-15-03 11:52 AM
F505 I saw them once perform in a local barn near Utrecht. I wasn't impressed...
03-15-03 08:54 PM
T&A Saw Alvin and Eric Burdon together at the Fillmore in SF a few years ago - great stuff. They played alone (seperate bands) and together...
03-16-03 03:17 PM
L&A Well, thanks for all your comments !

Voodoo, I just try to imagine "One of these days" with Alvin and Mick jamming together... ... maybe just a little mp3 would be very ...

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST