ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Tokyo Dome March 16, 2003
By Anthony Mathilde -RS.COM Join the RSFC!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: AC/DC Return to archive
03-13-03 11:31 PM
full moon Other than Back N Black, what albums would you guys recommend.. They have some nice remasters out and I do not have any in my collection.......I know there are many fans of this band out there.. Thanks.....
03-13-03 11:33 PM
nankerphelge Powerage
03-13-03 11:34 PM
exile Yeah man Acca Dacca Rock

I would recommed you get "HIGHWAY TO HELL"
then listen to "GET IT HOT" so loud your ears bleed.

03-13-03 11:46 PM
J.J.Flash "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" with Bon relly rocks man! "For those about to Rock" is the second with Brian and is very good.
03-13-03 11:50 PM
parmeda Get them all....

'74 Jailbreak
Back in Black
Ballbreaker
Blow Up Your Video
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Flick of the Switch
Fly on the Wall
For Those About To Rock
High Voltage .................(my personal favorite )
Highway To Hell
If You Want Blood
Let There Be Rock
Powerage
Stiff Upper Lip
The Razor's Edge

LOTS of good music to savor!
03-13-03 11:57 PM
Martha AC/DC LIVE!

Now that'll rock you hard!

Try riding a stationary exercise bike in time to those tunes...without blowing a gasket!

I dare ya'!!!
03-14-03 06:33 AM
Zeeta I have posted numorous time about my new found love for these ausies, funnily enough I would recommend exectly what Exile says Highway to Hell, Get it Hot - loud, also Beating Around the Bush from the same album! Oh yes!
Also the album "If you want blood you got it" a live album - the track "Whole lotta Rosie" gives me great pleasure! LOL
Enjoy!
PS I'm not into fat women though!
LOL
Cheers
03-14-03 06:53 AM
Mother baby
quote:
full moon wrote:
Other than Back N Black, what albums would you guys recommend.. They have some nice remasters out and I do not have any in my collection.......I know there are many fans of this band out there.. Thanks.....

Fly On The Wall is one that I like but with AC/DC you can't miss. IMO they don't make bad music.
03-14-03 07:15 AM
Zeeta I have posted before about my new found love for AC/DC, can't beleive I have just got into them!
Exile has it down tho, Highway to Hell - Get it Hot, oh yes!
Also from HTH Beatin' around the Bush requires loud listening!
"If you want blood you got it" is a great live album! Check out "Whole lotta Rosie" on there...gets me rockin' always and Gives great pleasure as it is comical also. I regard AC/DC as one of the only bands that can pull off humour and make you laugh at the same time as rockin', love 'em!
BTW I'm not into large women!
LOL
Cheers
03-14-03 07:19 AM
Zeeta Whoops!!!! double post, I had to rewrite it as u can tell!
LOL
Soz but I couldn't see my 1st reply...I hate computers!
LOL
Cheers
PS Even if I don't see this post I shall save embarrassment and not post it again!
LOL
03-14-03 08:50 AM
Madafaka AC/DC Live Collector's Edition 2 CD Set.
The best of the best!
03-14-03 09:30 AM
juggsy Highway to Hell and Back in Black are my first 2 choices.
The AC/DC sound/formula is basically catchy crunchy 3 chord guitar rock with intense biting vocals. This formula has served them well for their entire career even though most every record sounds the same, give or take some additional layers once they hit the digital age. You of course have the catalog broken in 2 in terms of vocalists, Bon Scott then Johnson. The HtH and BiB albums are the best (in my humble opinion) of each vocalist and you would be well served in picking these up in their remastered form. I got the HtH remaster last weekend and did a side to side comparison between that and my old CD. The remaster sounds great! Much fuller, cleaner sound without being overly compressed and noise reductioned to death, as so many remasters are these days. You can really hear the differences when comparing "Walk All Over You" which starts kind of slow with guitar and drums and builds. Other album choices would be Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap and Razor's Edge.
03-14-03 09:40 AM
VirginiaMonkeyMan You've been.....Thunderstruck!

If I'm driving down the road and hear that song and I'm without a cig I turn the station. Thunderstruck, and so many others, deserves only the full package!
03-14-03 10:21 AM
nankerphelge YEah Fly On The Wall is really good too -- underappreciated!

Sink the Pink!!!
03-14-03 11:49 AM
100 Years Ago Let There Be Rock!!!!
03-15-03 03:12 AM
Highwire Rob The starter kit should include The Razor's Edge.
03-15-03 06:20 AM
ERWAN My favourite is LET THERE BE ROCK (Albert Production edition) with Crapsody In Blues. SHOULD BE PLAYED LOUD !!!!
03-15-03 11:14 AM
tumblingdice Like it was said above get them all. All the Bon Scott era ones are great. The only one I never liked as much was Ballbreakers but even it had it's moments. Razors Edge is a good choice too, but Highway to Hell and Let There Be Rock are great also.
03-15-03 11:40 PM
full moon Thanks everyone....
03-15-03 11:53 PM
steel wls Back In Black is their masterpiece, and Highway To Hell is 2nd. I also like the live cd.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST