ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Tokyo Dome March 16, 2003
By Anthony Mathilde -RS.COM Join the RSFC!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Question about the Strokes Return to archive
03-12-03 09:43 AM
Factory Girl Does anyone know what country they're from. At first, I thought US, but now I'm not sure. TIA.
03-12-03 09:44 AM
Scot Rocks From what I know the states, yeah im definately sure.

Cheers

Mark
03-12-03 10:07 AM
Nasty Habits NEW YORK CITAY!
03-12-03 10:20 AM
Factory Girl Nasty! Why does the singer have an accent?
03-12-03 10:39 AM
Cardinal Fang FG !

Before I answer this question, did you read my reply to your Strokes post last week ? Nasty & I sort of answered that already.

The accent is a combo of Lou Reed meets Television meets The Buzzcocks.

They are mostly from New York but the lead singer did spend time as a kid in school in Europe. In interviews he speaks with a normal American "accent" though.

I also answered one of your questions a few weeks ago over at GX3 and didn't get a reply back from you.

Is This It ?

Later, Cardinal Fang
03-12-03 10:49 AM
Factory Girl CF!

Yes, I did read your earlier response about the Strokes-Thank You!

I don't recall seeing your response at Gasland. What was my query and what was your response?

Are You It?
03-13-03 03:44 PM
Jair Motta Hey Factory Girl, the drummer is brazilian
03-14-03 07:53 AM
Factory Girl Thank you, Jair Motta.
03-14-03 09:51 PM
Honky Tonk Man Ive always digged Julian Casablancas as a singer. He sounds great and dresses great too. Perfect combination!

He comes from a VERY wealthy background. His father designs shoes and Julian went to school in Switzland with Albert Hammond Jnr. Nick Valensee and Nikola errrrm , the bass player, also went to posh private school. Fabs Moretti i think - is the only one who didnt. For anyone who hasnt seen the latest pics, he has shaved his hair off. Strange consideing that his hair was why he was so popular.

New album coming out later this year

I like The Strokes

Alex
03-14-03 09:55 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy He has an accent because he's trying to be like Lou Reed.

They're all right. Certainly better than almost anything else that gets released nowadays.

-tSYX --- I'm waiting for my man...
03-15-03 05:08 PM
Factory Girl SAvage One- why are you waiting for a man???

Alex!! I'm into Jules Casablancas-he's my stud muffin. Their music-is ok.
03-16-03 11:49 AM
full moon They will be has beens in about 2 years.........
03-16-03 01:02 PM
Honky Tonk Man Errhum, i though I was YOUR Sud Muffin!

03-16-03 01:24 PM
Factory Girl LOl, Alex you're my SUD Muffin!! Jules is my Stud Muffin!

Seriously, my sexy bagel, don't you think Jules is YUMMY?
03-16-03 01:27 PM
Honky Tonk Man No not really. I think alot of girls do though.

Alex
03-16-03 01:31 PM
Factory Girl You know Alex, they still haven't exploded into the mainstream. They're just on the periphery of hugeness.

I'm not sure why-their music is catchy and they certainly have the look down.
03-16-03 06:03 PM
Honky Tonk Man Well they are certainly never going to reach the top 10 of the singles charts, thats for sure. Album sold really well (number 1) over here and their concerts sell out fast. I have not seen them live yet. They are rumoured to be heading over here towards the end of the year. Also rumoured that they might be playing arenas this time around. Not so good.

People say they rip all the late 70s New York punk and new wave groups but i think they have such a unique sound. Its for certain that you can hear their influences in their music, but the sound of the guitars in the Strokes songs is complely unique. They dress cool and write good catchy rock songs. Thats all there is too it. Thats why University types love them so much.

Im no uni student though, hate them!

Alex

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST