ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Tokyo Dome March 16, 2003
By Anthony Mathilde -RS.COM Join the RSFC!!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Counterfeit Stones Return to archive
03-11-03 02:25 PM
Honky Tonk Man Im going to watch this Stones tribute band on Thursday. Has anyone here seen them live? I think they have played in America and other parts of Europe

Saw them on tv ages ago and thought they were quite funny

Alex
03-11-03 03:15 PM
oska they are quite good, is it a sit down theatre gig or stand up club type gig ? but the VERY best tribute band ever is''the rolling stoned'', they are a must see, look them up on net, and catch there next gig, they work most weekends,and i promise you will not be disapointed, they look the same, sound the same. absolutley brilliant and unmisable ! enjoy the 'counterfeit stones' but next time go see 'rolin stoned'.
03-11-03 06:54 PM
Honky Tonk Man Hi Oska,

I am really looking forward to this concert. The last tribute band i saw was a Who band. They were great. Saw them in a pub. I think these bands are best appreciated when the drink is flowing.

I will check this band out. Any Stones tribute band is good in my book

Alex
03-11-03 07:19 PM
exile I presume you are in London or England for that matter
I used to live in London from 95 to 97 and i caught the "conterfiet stones" twice

they are quite good compared to some stones tribute bands
03-11-03 07:53 PM
Fiji Joe Man, I thought this was another Black Crowes post
03-12-03 03:54 PM
oska hi honky, have a good night,and enjoy yourself. write a report for the board on your return ! anyone seen the 'rollin stoned' yet ?
03-12-03 05:12 PM
SERGEI I saw the Rollin Stoned at the Scala last year. They are excellent and I just checked there website an they're on tour right now!
03-13-03 05:01 AM
gypsymofo60 TRIBUTE BANDS!!!!!!!!!! these guys are always BEST SEEN...through the sights of an M16. I don't care how good they are, they need to stop cashing in on established performers triumphs. Covers are one thing, but clones are quite something else.
03-13-03 05:30 PM
oska too many ambian gypsymofo60 ! SOME tribute bands are truly great. in particular 'the rollin stoned' , i'd prefer to see you in the sights of an mi6 ?? well i eagerly await your usual polite, informed and unbiased reply.
03-13-03 06:39 PM
Honky Tonk Man Well i must say, they were fantastic! The show was really funny and there was a lot of comedy in between the three sections. The Jones section, Taylor section and the Wood section. There was absoloutley nothing to bitch about this show. The guy who played Brian was also Taylor and Ronnie. There was a hilarious bit when before they came on stage with Taylor they showed them auditioning Brians replacment. They turned down George Harrison! I can't really explain it. But it was so so funny. 23 songs too!

The Setlist

The Brian section

1 I Wanna Be Your Man
2 Not Fade Away
3 You Better Move On
4 Its All Over Now
5 Little Red Rooster
6 Get Off Of My Cload
7 19th Nervous Breakdown
8 Mothers Little Helper
9 Under My Thumb
10 Mothers Little Helper
11 Paint It Black
12 Ruby Tuesaday
13 Lets Spend The Night Together

The Taylor Section

14 Sympathy For The Devil (two relly HOT solos)
15 Gimmie Shelter
16 Midnight Rambler
17 Its Only Rock n Roll
18 Angie

The Ronnie section

19 Jumpin' Jack Flah
20 Miss You
21 Honky Tonk Woman
22 Start Me Up

Encore

23 Satisfaction (really great, Keith came dressed as the Keith of today!)

Alex
03-13-03 07:47 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
oska wrote:
too many ambian gypsymofo60 ! SOME tribute bands are truly great. in particular 'the rollin stoned' , i'd prefer to see you in the sights of an mi6 ?? well i eagerly await your usual polite, informed and unbiased reply.

....Listen Oska! you're the one with the Ambian fixation, not me. If you dig tribute bands that's up to you, I don't give a monkey's what you think is great, I simply think they're a bore,(just my thoughts.)....It's an M16, not an mi6, which is a wing of British intelligence....I sincerly hope this was the polite, informed,(pots & kettles),and unbiased reply you were awaiting, if not; TOUGH SHIT!
03-13-03 08:03 PM
Mother baby
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
TRIBUTE BANDS!!!!!!!!!! these guys are always BEST SEEN...through the sights of an M16. I don't care how good they are, they need to stop cashing in on established performers triumphs. Covers are one thing, but clones are quite something else.

I'm not crazy about tribute bands either, but as long as they're above board about it thats one thing. The guys that I have a problem with are the ones who get a bands name by some legal technicality and try passing themselves off as the original group.
03-13-03 10:49 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
The Taylor Section

14 Sympathy For The Devil (two relly HOT solos)
15 Gimmie Shelter
16 Midnight Rambler
17 Its Only Rock n Roll
18 Angie

The Ronnie section

19 Jumpin' Jack Flah
20 Miss You
21 Honky Tonk Woman
22 Start Me Up

Hey man you had a great time! Nice setlist and nice band! Just one question why the "eras" are not real? I'm sure it's impossible for a cover band to have those mistakes:

14 Sympathy For The Devil and 19 Jumpin' Jack Flash are from the Brian era, not from the Mick Taylor era

15 Gimmie Shelter and 16 Midnight Rambler are from the transition era (the album "Let it Bleed" has some Brian and some Taylor, but in these couple of tracks none of them is playing

21 Honky Tonk Woman this is also from the transition era, and it was Mick Taylor studio debut, not Ronnie's

Maybe because of the style? Technique?
03-14-03 10:01 PM
Honky Tonk Man Ohh, i dont know Gerardo. I guess things would get a little complicated if they were to do everything by the book.

As far as sticking HTM and JJF in the Ronnie era, well i guess that people are more familiar with seeing Ronnie playing these with the Stones rather then Brian or Mick Taylor.

Anyway, it was fantastic and im going to see them again on April 4th. They mix up theyre setlists, so i will post another review then

Alex
03-14-03 11:48 PM
Mother baby
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Ohh, i dont know Gerardo. I guess things would get a little complicated if they were to do everything by the book.
Alex

Yeah, but that should have been relatively easy to get right. But I suppose it probably doesn't matter all that much.
03-15-03 10:24 AM
Honky Tonk Man You are right - it doesn't matter. They don't care - the audience doesn't know and i couldn't give a damn whether they put JJF in the Brian or Ronnie era.

The Counterfeit Stones were perfect

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST