ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Radio City Music Hall, New York City, March 14, 2006
© Throbby... thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Steel Wheels = How To Dismatle An Atomic Bomb Return to archive Page: 1 2
14th March 2006 05:50 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
pdog wrote:
Great logic Riffy...
U2 doesn't have anything close to Exile On Main St... Not many do...

not for me....
Achtung Baby is on par with Exile.
I fully expect to be chastitised for this.
14th March 2006 07:18 PM
Gazza
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
MG don't let the bastards get ya down.

However,I will say this,and this should end any and all comparisons. In 1992 U2 released Achtung Baby. By all accounts it was a pretty good record. Even if you despise U2 you can not argue logically that this record sucks. It doesn't. So twelve years after their inception U2 releases a very good record by all accounts.

Now lets take a look at what the Stones released in roughly the same time frame for themseleves. In 1972 the Stones released Exile On Main Street!

Any questions?

yes....who the fuck taught you Mathematics? LOL

Twelve years after they made their first record, the Stones were recording "Black and Blue", not releasing 'Exile'. And 'Achtung Baby', whilst a great record but not as good as 'Exile' is still a hell of a lot superior to "Black and Blue".

I think U2 were formed in 1976 when they were all at school. First release - 1979. Their first album, "Boy" came out in 1980. "Achtung Baby" came out late 1991 I think

So the difference between first releases (1963 to 1979) and first albums (1964 to 1980) of each act is actually 16 years.

Not much point getting into the usual silly dick-waving comparisons. Its a different era, anyway. "Achtung Baby" was only U2's 7th album of new material. By the same stage in their career, the Stones had released probably twice as much music.
[Edited by Gazza]
14th March 2006 09:56 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Gazza wrote:

yes....who the fuck taught you Mathematics? LOL

Twelve years after they made their first record, the Stones were recording "Black and Blue", not releasing 'Exile'. And 'Achtung Baby', whilst a great record but not as good as 'Exile' is still a hell of a lot superior to "Black and Blue".

I think U2 were formed in 1976 when they were all at school. First release - 1979. Their first album, "Boy" came out in 1980. "Achtung Baby" came out late 1991 I think

So the difference between first releases (1963 to 1979) and first albums (1964 to 1980) of each act is actually 16 years.

Not much point getting into the usual silly dick-waving comparisons. Its a different era, anyway. "Achtung Baby" was only U2's 7th album of new material. By the same stage in their career, the Stones had released probably twice as much music.
[Edited by Gazza]

Yeah well whatever. My point was that Achtung Baby came out about a decade after the inception of the band,and EOMS came out at roughly the same time period for the Stones! Fuck you will ya Gazza!

Riffy
14th March 2006 11:17 PM
pdog Did U2 ever:
Piss on a wall?
Get busted with tons of heroin?
Airbrush out a founding member?
Fire a founding member?
Have sex with Anita?
Father more children than Abraham?
Talk heroin with President?
Release Dirty Work?
Fuck David Bowie?
Have some sympathy and some taste?
Be The World's Greatest Rock & Roll Band?
No!
Next up Areoshit!

[Edited by pdog]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)