ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Radio City Music Hall, New York City, March 14, 2006
© Throbby... thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: and the best live performance of Midnight Rambler is? Return to archive Page: 1 2
12th March 2006 10:27 AM
Madafaka The next one!
12th March 2006 10:45 AM
tumbling dice
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
msg jan. 03

Great version!!
12th March 2006 11:15 AM
Gazza
quote:
keefjunkie wrote:
i doubt any one person has heard every version so this question is unanswerable

heres a better question

are there any bad versions of rambler?

None. And it could well be unique in that respect

The 'Brussels' version is simply the greatest documented Stones performance of ANY song in their entire career. Ya Yas is possibly the best released version of any song.

Its also been very impressive on this tour. They did a great version in Rio. Cant wait to hear the LA Forum rendition
12th March 2006 11:36 AM
Bruno Stone Copacabana cause I was there and it was amazing and the version in Four Flicks. These are the best ones I've heard.
12th March 2006 02:04 PM
time is on my side The best version I've personally seen was the one played just a month ago in Atlanta (Atl-2). Simply an incredible,out of this world type version with Mick, Keith, and Ronnie in particular smokin.

From all reports since then, it seems Midnight Rambler has become one of the main highlights of subseqent shows with the level of play apparently being sustained.

As mentioned above and I agree, the best I've heard are the one on Brussels and Ya Ya's.
15th March 2006 03:40 AM
Yyteri Beach To me the best versions ever are
1) MSG 1969 - the Get Yer version. Marvelous version.
and
2) Hyde Park 1969. This is very raw, caveman like version.
15th March 2006 09:13 AM
Break The Spell My favorites include Knebworth 1976, Brussels 1973 and MSG 1969. The best version I got to see live was Cincinnati 1989.
15th March 2006 10:00 AM
ExileInLA Any version WITHOUT Ron.
15th March 2006 12:20 PM
Steel Wheels MSG's HBO performance rocked Midnight rambler.
15th March 2006 12:26 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
ExileInLA wrote:
Any version WITHOUT Ron.

So you think ANY live version of MR since 1975 has sucked??
15th March 2006 12:33 PM
Scottfree
quote:
jb wrote:
Arkansas!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blue, I have that thing for you!!!!

AR-Kansas didn't get the Omaha treatment?
15th March 2006 12:34 PM
Scottfree Cleveland 02.....

"Hello Cleveland"
15th March 2006 01:13 PM
ExileInLA
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

So you think ANY live version of MR since 1975 has sucked??

Not that it sucked, but we're talking about the BEST versions and when you talk top 10, versions with Ron don't even notch.

I will say this - the best I ever saw him on this song was Anaheim 2002.
15th March 2006 03:15 PM
Kaliman I have seen the stones only one time, it was early this month here in Monterrey and that version was great probably better than the one in Ya Ya's, at least I was there and not in Ya Ya's
15th March 2006 09:11 PM
ebmp I prefer it with Ron.. Dont get me wrong, I love MT, but sometimes he shreds way too much and forgets to play the rhythm part

And not only in MR, but in all songs
15th March 2006 09:44 PM
Gazza
quote:
ExileInLA wrote:

Not that it sucked, but we're talking about the BEST versions and when you talk top 10, versions with Ron don't even notch.

I will say this - the best I ever saw him on this song was Anaheim 2002.

I was at that one too, and it was excellent that night (only topped by the most incredible version of 'Sympathy' I've heard in the last 15 years)
15th March 2006 10:27 PM
glencar Last night's show...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)