ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Radio City Music Hall, New York City, March 14, 2006
© Throbby... thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: and the best live performance of Midnight Rambler is? Return to archive Page: 1 2
11th March 2006 04:02 PM
speedfreakjive I say Fort Wth 1972', although performances of late have been excellent, and Taylor burns in the Ya-Ya's version.
11th March 2006 06:00 PM
the good The best I've ever heard in person was at Vet Stadium in Philadelphia during the licks tour. The best version in my opinion is still Ya Ya's. One of the best live performances in R&R history.
11th March 2006 06:19 PM
lotsajizz Brussels
11th March 2006 06:21 PM
glencar MSG a few weeks back.
11th March 2006 06:23 PM
jb Arkansas!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blue, I have that thing for you!!!!
11th March 2006 06:25 PM
glencar Joshy, I LOVE you! Let's go to Massachusetts & get married!
11th March 2006 06:26 PM
glencar Whodda thunk that they'd put on the cat in Lil Rock? I hope they surpass it in NYC Tuesday.
11th March 2006 07:10 PM
Chuck Toss up:

Ft. Worth '72

Leeds '71
11th March 2006 07:38 PM
pdog They never fucked up this song... The question is unanswerable.
11th March 2006 08:12 PM
prodigalson la forum was unbelievable...keith was playing alot of blues licks during the breakdown part
11th March 2006 08:23 PM
tumbling dice The best i´ve heard in person was in Rio last month,but the best of my life was in Get yer ya yas out!
11th March 2006 08:39 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I love those from 1972, 1975 and the versions of No Security, the best for me as a witness live was the one in Mexico City last February
11th March 2006 08:52 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl In some minutes you will be able to listen the only one performed in Buenos Aires, that's great too
11th March 2006 09:27 PM
Soldatti Nothing tops the version on Ya-Ya's.
12th March 2006 03:19 AM
keefjunkie i doubt any one person has heard every version so this question is unanswerable

heres a better question

are there any bad versions of rambler?
12th March 2006 05:01 AM
marko Brussels and 75 versions.As live witness,Gothenburg 1990.
12th March 2006 06:54 AM
exile Enmore. but Im biased
12th March 2006 07:27 AM
winter Brussel's and LA Friday Nights. I might be in the minority here, but I think the Ya Ya's version is relatively tame compared to these two and even some of the recent versions that I have seen live - the Boston stadium show during the Licks Tour comes to mind - Mick was wearing a hooded sweathirt with the hood over his head, and they F%*kin' ROCKED.

12th March 2006 07:37 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
winter wrote:
Brussel's and LA Friday Nights. I might be in the minority here, but I think the Ya Ya's version is relatively tame compared to these two and even some of the recent versions that I have seen live - the Boston stadium show during the Licks Tour comes to mind - Mick was wearing a hooded sweathirt with the hood over his head, and they F%*kin' ROCKED.

The Boston one sounds ace!! I thought Jagger only wore the hooded top during the rehearsal which is shown on the 4 Flicks Documentary, fuckin' cool!!
12th March 2006 07:47 AM
winter
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

The Boston one sounds ace!! I thought Jagger only wore the hooded top during the rehearsal which is shown on the 4 Flicks Documentary, fuckin' cool!!

It was a fantastic stadium show. I went in with low expectations, as i was underwhelmed by the tour openner at the fleet - the set list was good, but they didn't seem to be clicking on all cylinders. The stadium show was pure redemption, capped off by the Orpheum a few days later.

wintah
12th March 2006 07:51 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
winter wrote:

It was a fantastic stadium show. I went in with low expectations, as i was underwhelmed by the tour openner at the fleet - the set list was good, but they didn't seem to be clicking on all cylinders. The stadium show was pure redemption, capped off by the Orpheum a few days later.

wintah

did you go to the Theatre Show? what was it like?
12th March 2006 07:52 AM
chevysales
quote:
winter wrote:
Brussel's and LA Friday Nights. I might be in the minority here, but I think the Ya Ya's version is relatively tame compared to these two and even some of the recent versions that I have seen live - the Boston stadium show during the Licks Tour comes to mind - Mick was wearing a hooded sweathirt with the hood over his head, and they F%*kin' ROCKED.

bingo...
that was first show at gillette and a powerful version not too mention the hoodie thing put him in character.

that was a great trifecta week for me too.
[Edited by chevysales]
12th March 2006 08:06 AM
winter
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

did you go to the Theatre Show? what was it like?

The Orpheum Theatre was probably the best show I ever saw -I also really like Hartford from that tour. There is no A/C at the Orpheum and it was somethig like 98 degrees that day, and 105 in the Orpheum. Best setlist I have ever seen hands down - I recall Parachute Women, All Down the Line, CYHMK, Hand of Fate, Dance Pt 1, Heart of Stone and Love Train (which I actually really liked that tour). Buddy Guy opened and did Rock Me Baby with them. It was the first theatre show of the tour, other than the "surprise" gig in Toronto, so the anticipation was intense leading up to the show. I remember one of the local papers saying that it was the toughest ticket to get ever in the history of the city of Boston. I was lucky and scored 1 ticket through TM when they went on sale.

wintah
[Edited by winter]
[Edited by winter]
12th March 2006 08:10 AM
winter
quote:
chevysales wrote:

bingo...
that was first show at gillette and a powerful version not too mention the hoodie thing put him in character.

that was a great trifecta week for me too.
[Edited by chevysales]

Absolutely, each show got better - capped off with the Orpheum. But I do remember feeling that maybe they had lost it after the fleet. Thankfully I was wrong. Giants Stadium and Hartford (in particular) were also great shows during that leg of the tour.

Some of his gear maybe lame (see half jackets), but sometimes Mick really pulls out some cool stuff - the hoodie was a perfect example. I like the full length "black hair" coat that he pulls out during SFTD on this tour.

wintah
12th March 2006 08:28 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
prodigalson wrote:
la forum was unbelievable...keith was playing alot of blues licks during the breakdown part

for witnessing live, i will have to second this vote. the rambler last week was very tight, and probably the best i have ever witnessed...

but i never saw mick t. play with the stones...

12th March 2006 09:13 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
exile wrote:
Enmore. but Im biased

That's the only time a show starts with it lucky bastards those who attended
12th March 2006 09:26 AM
qwer Brussels 1973!
most dynamic version ever!
very heavy Blues in the middle!
a fantastic Mick Taylor guitar work!
This version is perfect!
It blew me away, when I first heard it many years ago!
unreachable!
12th March 2006 09:57 AM
Paranoid_Android One that i witnessed??? Washingon DC, No Security nite #1...strangest, yet cool...Charlottesville 2005...(something weird DID happen at the end)...recorded...Yeah...Ya Ya's...
12th March 2006 09:59 AM
jb Arkansas was for this tour......all time best, imo, is NY 1972.
12th March 2006 10:01 AM
BILL PERKS msg jan. 03
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)