ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Radio City Music Hall, New York City, March 14, 2006
© Throbby... thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: LA Forum Arena, Inglewood, CA ,6th March 2006 - Setlist,Photos,Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
7th March 2006 09:23 AM
mac_daddy loved keef's skull and x bones, mummy-style Tshirt, too!

oh and they nailed the opener, too - a rippin' jjf

[Edited by mac_daddy]
7th March 2006 09:25 AM
Gazza
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
i will leave the details to the statisticians (sic), but i think in the four local shows - we got more firsts, and special performances than ANYWHERE this tour...

without a shadow of a doubt. Like I said before, there were 8 changes between both Hollywood Bowl shows for starters - something the Stones have never done before or since for consecutive shows in the same venue (the only time theyd have done more than that would have been in the 'small, medium and large' format on Licks). Plus you got different songs at Anaheim

Last night saw seven songs that hadnt been played at any of the 3 shows in November.

7th March 2006 09:54 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Gazza wrote:
For the record, thats only the 3rd time 'Far Away Eyes' has been played since 1995

Since 1978, they played it ten times in the last 18 VL US shows in November-December 1994

I was lucky enough to 'get it' (3-Dec-94, Toronto)!

I'll say you were glad you went, mac! THE set to top...
7th March 2006 09:56 AM
Madafaka
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
madafaka - i didnt record, but i am sure somebody did...

Don't worry man, somebody always record the LA show.
I'm glad you have enjoyed the boys playing loud!
7th March 2006 11:08 AM
Moonisup Does keith have a new guitar?
7th March 2006 11:31 AM
Martha Holy Crap! Is the LA Forum still standing....that is one smokin' hot set-list.

Mac_d.....I envy you!

LJ I also share your depression........

Sway Team member,
Martha
7th March 2006 12:06 PM
PartyDoll MEG W O W!!! Great setlist you Lucky Devils!!!

LJ: the depression just seems to be getting worse!!
7th March 2006 01:21 PM
Break The Spell This set makes me wonder what else they have brewing. Hopefully when I see them in Little Rock, they dust off some more relics. Jigsaw Puzzle and 100 Years Ago would be incredible.
7th March 2006 01:31 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl These pix with thanks to Sue from Seattle

7th March 2006 01:33 PM
beardedhag Yeah, the forum was incredible! One of the cool things about Sway is that Keith played his Zemaitis pirate guitar from the '75 tour. Haven't seen that baby in awhile.

Moonisup, I was wondering too about Keith's new guitar, the black and white one in today's header. He played it on Rough Justice, Respectable, and Satisfaction. And Ronnie played it on Sympathy for the Devil. I'm usually able to ID all of Keith's guitars, but I have no idea what model it is. Anybody know?

Keith seems to be breaking out a lot of different guitars for this tour, not just the usual Tele and 355. We've seen reappearances of the black Tele Custom, the Dan Armstrong, and now the Pirate Z. Cool for guitar nuts!
7th March 2006 01:45 PM
stoneslib
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
This set makes me wonder what else they have brewing. Hopefully when I see them in Little Rock, they dust off some more relics. Jigsaw Puzzle and 100 Years Ago would be incredible.

I caught the last part of the Inglewood soundcheck. When they rehearsed Sway, Ain't To Proud to Beg, Respectable, and Far Away Eyes, it was obviously going to be a special night. And, man, Sway, Far Away, and Worried was a trifecta to remember.
7th March 2006 01:59 PM
doo doo doo Dude I can't sum it up any better than macdaddy. A truly outstanding show. The entire band was on fire, guitars loud with Ronnie in particular playing as good as I've ever seen him. And Charlie is a rock n' roll machine. He is the Rolling Stones incarnate.

And what can I say about Mick Jagger except that the man absolutly owns the city of Los Angeles. I always get the feeling that he loves playing this town and especially loves aweing and humbling the entertainment capital of the world with his unmatched talent and superstardom. He truly was in his element last night and left me awestruck as usual.

Highlight was without a doubt Far Away Eyes!! I was shocked at how perfect and effortlessly they played it (since it was a tour debut) and how well the crowd responded to it. Ronnie played AMAZING lap steel guitar, Keith sounded FABULOUS singing along and Jagger had a ball strumming the guitar and singing the twangy lyrics (especially the line about sending $10 to "the church of the sacred bleeding heart of Jesus located somewhere in Los Angeles California"!). It will stand near the very top of live Stones performances I have ever witnessed.

Other highlights were of course Sway which was great and Worried About You which worked incredible live. The crowd (which was great) loved it and Mick's falsetto was a gas. Rambler was outstanding and a personal fave this tour because it is the quintessential Stones and represents everything I love about the band musically.

Everything else was amazing, Respectable, Gimme Shelter, et all. The band just felt right at home at the Forum. I need a torrent of this show goddammit!!
7th March 2006 01:59 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
stoneslib wrote:

I caught the last part of the Inglewood soundcheck. When they rehearsed Sway, Ain't To Proud to Beg, Respectable, and Far Away Eyes, it was obviously going to be a special night. And, man, Sway, Far Away, and Worried was a trifecta to remember.

Wow, it must have been incredible to go to a soundcheck. And to hear those 3 songs in any given night is special, but to hear all 3 in a row is amazing.
7th March 2006 03:22 PM
Flairville That is THE set of the tour as far as I'm concerned. Can't wait for the boot!
7th March 2006 03:55 PM
doo doo doo Dude I wanted to mention that Jagger did make note on stage that they hadn't played the Forum since the historic 5-night run of shows in 1975. And in what I thought was clear nod to his old joke from the famous Sunday show "Who went to church today" he said, ironically now the Forum is a church! (the venue was bought by the Baptist church a few years ago).
7th March 2006 04:16 PM
pdog This is the only show of the tour I really wanted to go to, and wasn't able...
I'm bummed... and happy for those that could go.
7th March 2006 05:06 PM
Slavegirl Another thing I thought when I was at the show was that everything that people say about the Stones being sold out or overly pampered rock stars is total bullshit because the forum is no less than disgusting. I mean its small, dirty, and reminds me of a slightly bigger version of a place around Huntington or Long Beach where I would go to see a punk rock band play. God I fuckin love these guys!! This was my eighth and greatest show!!
7th March 2006 06:32 PM
Soldatti Impressive set, the first part of the show was like a dream.
7th March 2006 06:41 PM
prodigalson this show was very good. iloved it. the crowd really sucked down at the floor...there were about 3 fights me and my mom witnessed right behind us. some jerk telling a girl standing on a chair to "fuck off". 2 shitty drunk fights. very dumb drunk crowd. the stones were on fire on midnight rambler. SWAY was insane!
7th March 2006 06:53 PM
Kaliman Great photographs
7th March 2006 06:58 PM
lotsajizz love the Keith Mick photo!!!

7th March 2006 08:04 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
love the Keith Mick photo!!!

me, too. and that is the kind of comrraderie that was going on all night - it really was special.

and thanks to stoneslib and sue for the pics - they are fantastic. prodigalson - i am sorry to hear about the floor problems...

i had some drunk tap me on the shoulder, and bark at me for standing. i turned around, looked at him and said "listen, i hear what you are saying, but this is the stones. i have been seeing the band since the colliseum in 1981 (which is where the tattoo you pin in my avatar came from), and i havent sat once. i am not about to start now." everbody around me, including the cats sitting behind me, started to clap and smile. and that was that. on my feet from start to finish...

7th March 2006 08:21 PM
Paranoid_Android OK...I have been pretty negative about this entire tour...( they could have FEDEX'd most of it )...but this setlist ...WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMAZING...but why LA?!?...Should have been DC!!!!!!!
7th March 2006 08:58 PM
Soldatti Stones play L.A. venue for first time in 30 years
Tue Mar 7, 2006 4:49 AM ET

By Dean Goodman

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The Rolling Stones got religion in Los Angeles, returning for the first time in more than 30 years to the Forum, a concert venue that now doubles as a church.

They celebrated the occasion on Monday by playing "Faraway Eyes," a California-centric gospel satire that singer Mick Jagger jokingly described as "a country religious song." It marked the tune's debut on the "Bigger Bang" world tour, which began last August in Boston and will reach Japan in two weeks.

Other rarities dusted off for the 16,000-strong crowd included the "Sticky Fingers"-era drugs tale "Sway," performed for only the fourth time ever, and the piano ballad "Worried About You," played for the fifth time on this tour.

The band played three Los Angeles-area dates in November, and was expected to spring some surprises, especially following the drubbing it received back then from Los Angeles Times music critic Robert Hilburn, who accused the Stones of jeopardizing their legacy by not playing more new music.

As it was, the rock veterans played just three songs from their Grammy-nominated "Bigger Bang" album. The only one not heard before in California was guitarist Keith Richards' ballad "This Place Is Empty."

Richards enjoyed being back at the venue, declaring at one point, "It feels real good tonight. If the legs don't fall off, we'll be here forever."

Many of the songs could have been heard back when the Stones last played the Forum for five consecutive nights in July 1975, including Monday's set-opener "Jumpin' Jack Flash," "Sympathy for the Devil," "Midnight Rambler" and "Gimme Shelter." Richards sang "Happy" on both occasions, but this time he did not need a vocal assist from Jagger.

As usual in Los Angeles, celebrities and models were out in force, and Jagger at one point idly stood at the edge of the stage shielding his eyes from the spotlight, apparently taking in a row of beauties up front.

Musicians in attendance included Jefferson Airplane alumnus Jack Casady, a survivor of the Stones' disastrous Altamont concert in 1969, and Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith, whose band opened for the Stones at the Rose Bowl in 1994.

The Forum, located in Inglewood, Calif., was bought in 2000 by the business arm of the Faithful Central Bible Church, but continues to host concerts.

Reuters/VNU

7th March 2006 10:43 PM
glencar This must have been a show for the ages...
8th March 2006 12:17 AM
Maxmeister
quote:
glencar wrote:
This must have been a show for the ages...

What a surprise as the U.S. leg winds down. An above average boot has to be on the way.

Rick
8th March 2006 03:42 AM
Slavegirl So it seems that they're U.S. leg is almost over...where are they going or what are they gonna do now?
8th March 2006 04:07 AM
erikjjf
quote:
Slavegirl wrote:
So it seems that they're U.S. leg is almost over...where are they going or what are they gonna do now?

They will play in Japan from March 22 to April 5, followed by Shanghai on April 8, Sydney on April 11, Melbourne on April 13, Auckland on April 16 and Wellington on April 18. After that they will have 5 weeks off before the European tour begins.
[Edited by erikjjf]
8th March 2006 04:17 AM
Slavegirl European tour huh? I have been in desperate need to leave the counrty for a while..wonder how to get tickets to...a London show perhaps? That would be awesome...
8th March 2006 05:06 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Slavegirl wrote:
European tour huh? I have been in desperate need to leave the counrty for a while..wonder how to get tickets to...a London show perhaps? That would be awesome...

I know several gentlemen from the UK that can help you here.
just have to say the magic words: Bon Jovi
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)