ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Radio City Music Hall, New York City, March 14, 2006
© Throbby... thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: River Plate Stadium, Buenos Aires 21st February 2006 - Broadcast Info, Setlist, Photos and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
21st February 2006 10:33 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

their upcoming lobotomies I hope

I particularly liked when they translated the song names from English into English as if them saying it was easier to understand than Mick saying it.

Also, I thought the performance was very good, especially Midnight Rambler and Worried About You...Lisa had a very off night, she slept walked through Nighttime...I suspect she was sick as she normally is perfect onstage.
21st February 2006 10:37 PM
Gazza
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:

really?
theyre playing it at like 4 theaters near me.
well ill be sure to tell u all about it

yeah but its only shown in North America

However, I saw it on the web saturday night (and many times since!). Great show..you'll enjoy it
21st February 2006 11:04 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Natacha Pisarenko/AP

Martin Zabala/Reuters

_____

Those pics show Keith appearing the youngest he has in years!!!! Holy smokes - the last one he almost looks like it's 1986 again! (Of course it's a distance shot...)

The guy thrives in the warm climates! Like last tour when he hit up the Gold Coast, the guy looked awesome!

Keep on rolling!
21st February 2006 11:59 PM
Soldatti I'm back people, fucking great show. The whole band was on fire and having fun on stage.
A bad note: troubles near the stadium, the Stones started at 21:50 and the stadium was 75-80% filled, many people was outside still, more than 2,000!
Worst still, over 3,000 people was outside without tickets.
Fights with the police, fights with people with tickets and without tickets, aggressions, broken cars, almost a war outside during the first 3-4 songs.
The stadium was 100% at the time of Rain Fall Down.

Best crowd reactions:
- IORR
- Keith's set (including a 5 minutes ovation)
- SMU
- The last 5 songs (the crowd went wild on PIB)

During Miss You (to the b-stage) dozens of t-shirts were thrown to the stage, the whole b-stage was full of things and the security had a tough time cleaning the stage.
The band was bit worried during the 3 songs of the b-stage with things flying over there.

During the final bows, three or four guys jumped over the stage and all the security ran over there. Just like the famous guy on stage on the '81 tour, but four this time. One of the boys kissed to Ronnie!

I'm tired now and I have to work on 7 hours.
22nd February 2006 12:31 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Gazza wrote:

their upcoming lobotomies I hope

You mean their recent lobotomies, don't you?
22nd February 2006 12:40 AM
Madafaka Excellent review my dear friend Soldatti.

OMG! What a wonderful night! I have no words to describe it. The boys are the best fuckin' Rock and Roll band in the whole world!
Setlist and performace was amazing.
I love this band. I love this people.
I've met Voodoo at the stadium, but he was a little drunk to remember it! I'll see him tomorrow afternoon.
I'm so tired to continue.
Pix will be uploaded asap.

Thanks for your words. Don't forget to listen the Thursday concert.

I know, we're the best noisy crowd in the world!
22nd February 2006 02:37 AM
Brainbell Jangler Felicidades, Madafaka. Good on ya! You deserved a great show and you got one. Goza de las memorias.
22nd February 2006 03:41 AM
UGot2Rollme courtesy of canoe.jam.ca:

BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) - The Brazil beach gig was far bigger but Argentines filled a soccer stadium and clashed with police on the streets outside as the Rolling Stones rocked Buenos Aires with their A Bigger Bang tour.

More than 50,000 people wearing Stones T-shirts and wagging-tongue tattoos lustily welcomed the top-grossing rock tour Tuesday night.

It wasn't the more than one million people who thronged Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro on Saturday but fever for the "Estones," as they are known in Spanglish slang, gripped the Argentine capital in the dog days of the hot South American summer.

"Hola, Argentina! Hola, Buenos Aires!" a fired-up Mick Jagger said as he kicked off the concert just as he did in Brazil, with one of their older hits - Jumpin' Jack Flash.

Wearing a tight red satin jacket over a black T-shirt, he then wiggled riotously through another old favourite, It's Only Rock 'n Roll.

"It's been eight years and we've missed you!" Jagger shouted as the crowd roared its approval, many still pouring into the Monumental Stadium, home of the River Plate soccer team.

Outside, police fired a water cannon at dozens of people as some knocked down police barricades in an apparent bid to reach the stadium entrance.

Television news footage showed groups of young people running from police amid flying bottles. At least one car had its windows shattered and firefighters put out a burning pile of debris on the street.

At least two people were reported injured, the Diarios y Noticias news agency said. But police had no immediate report. Security was tight inside the stadium.

Ticket prices started at the equivalent of $85 Cdn, large sum for Argentines still recovering from a deep economic crisis in 2002. But many gladly paid that and some even more for scalper prices.

Many mused whether the band's third appearance in Argentina, after concerts in 1995 and 1998, might be their last. Both Tuesday's concert and another planned for Thursday sold out.

"This is the last time they are going to play here. They are a myth, a legend," Romina Bitullo, 23, said.

As for Mick Jagger, she added: "I love him. He's ugly but for me he's beautiful."

Fans rocked through the night, sweat glistening on their necks in the sultry heat.

"All my life I've been waiting for this moment," said Marcelo Zapata, 15.

"On the outside, I am calm but inside my heart is beating fast."

Argentines came from across the country to attend the concert.

"I'm just lucky to be here," said Nahuel Casares, 14, who came from central Cordoba province on a bus with his middle-aged father.

One Stones die-hard, Juan Jose Banegas, 57, said he saved up for weeks for tickets to both concerts.

"They're my whole life," said Banegas, who spent days lounging with other fans outside the Stones' hotel.

Dozens of fans have kept vigil for days, many of them so-called "Rolingas," who wore hairstyles with short bangs reminiscent of a Mick Jagger '70s look. Borrowing chants normally reserved for soccer teams, they waved homemade Stones flags.

22nd February 2006 05:26 AM
Jeep From "La Nacion" website :

22nd February 2006 05:41 AM
Jeep Different frontpages of the day :

22nd February 2006 05:43 AM
Jumacfly thanks Jeep!
toujours aussi affuté
22nd February 2006 06:20 AM
Jeep
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
thanks Jeep!
toujours aussi affuté

Merci Ju !
Pierre qui roule n'émousse pas masse.

Mores shots from Terra.com.ar :

[Edited by Jeep]
22nd February 2006 07:08 AM
corgi37 Argentina 94/95 was an amazing show. The crowd was totally nuts. Seems they were again, good on 'em.
22nd February 2006 07:57 AM
lotsajizz this tour was missing a good riot! now it's got everything!! those Argentinians may be the most fanatic Stones fans nowadays

22nd February 2006 08:18 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Argentina 94/95 was an amazing show. The crowd was totally nuts. Seems they were again, good on 'em.

Gauchos rules you Cabrones!
Good show despite a clunky Love is Strong
22nd February 2006 09:30 AM
Joey
What a Friggin Set List !!!!!

Jumping Jack Flash
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Shattered
Oh No Not You Again
Tumbling Dice
Worried About You
Rain Fall Down
Midnight Rambler
Night Time Is The Right Time
--- Introductions
This Place Is Empty (Keith)
Happy (Keith)
Miss You (to B-stage)
Rough Justice
Start Me Up
Honky Tonk Women (to main stage)
Sympathy For The Devil
Paint It Black
Brown Sugar
You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)
Satisfaction (encore)
Rolling Stones : 9:45pm - 11:50pm

Nice .

Sassy !

22nd February 2006 09:30 AM
Jeep From Infobae.com

[Edited by Jeep]
22nd February 2006 09:49 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl What a great show,what a great audience!

22nd February 2006 09:58 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl With thans to Sebax from BdP http://rocksoff.org/foro

22nd February 2006 09:59 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I know some of them were posted already but I'm running out of time now
22nd February 2006 11:00 AM
voodoopug I hope and pray the riots dont get worse for tomorrows show. Please be safe those attending the show and please do not fight if at all possible as no concert is worth giving your life! THe show last night (aside from Lisa for some strange reason) sounded fantastic. They do feed off of the audience's enthusiasm! I cannot wait to listen tomorrow night.
22nd February 2006 11:28 AM
jb If the demand was there, a third show woulsd have been added. U2 has dominated the South American/Mexico markets, so only 2 shows....and this is what happens.
22nd February 2006 11:45 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
If the demand was there, a third show woulsd have been added. U2 has dominated the South American/Mexico markets, so only 2 shows....and this is what happens.

How many more times must we be proven right?
22nd February 2006 12:18 PM
GotToRollMe Can't wait for tomorrow night's broadcast!
Jeep, thanks again for the excellent photos!
What a setlist, what a show!
22nd February 2006 12:18 PM
jb The weak demand(0nly 2 shows 1ook) created a panic..sadly, U2 is playing to a PAID audience of ove 1 million in Mexico and Sout America...thus, the Stones were left with a very small market, and those who wanted in(2-5k fans) were left looking in from the outside...
22nd February 2006 12:36 PM
erikjjf
quote:
jb wrote:
sadly, U2 is playing to a PAID audience of ove 1 million in Mexico and Sout America

U2 are playing to about 500,000 in South America and Mexico.
22nd February 2006 12:42 PM
jb
quote:
erikjjf wrote:

U2 are playing to about 500,000 in South America and Mexico.

Sad!!!!! Stones only playing to 190k paid attendees!!!
[Edited by jb]
22nd February 2006 12:48 PM
Dan Does that bloody face have anything to do with the Stones gig?
22nd February 2006 01:01 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:
Does that bloody face have anything to do with the Stones gig?

Apparently so....
22nd February 2006 01:15 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Dan wrote:
Does that bloody face have anything to do with the Stones gig?

Yes Dan, the show organization was the worst that I've seen in my life and besides, a lot of people wanted to enter the show without tickets. People started to fight with cops, and there was what happened.

[Edited by Madafaka]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)