ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Werchter Park, Werchter 5th June 2007
© and thanks to coowouters
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Question? how to quote information from news. Return to archive
10th March 2008 02:38 PM
guitarman53 I'm wondering how it is done that long news articles can be copied on this board, like news from another source? is it highlighted or something? the Youtube video's I found out about, but how can newspaper articles be copied on this board, I've seen some that takes up a long time to read, & I know the person isn't typing out all this.
10th March 2008 02:41 PM
SweetVirginia Usually you can just highlight the text and copy it, then paste into your post on this board. If it's a site that has a "printable version" choice, that's easier because you won't copy extra text (like photo captions).

[Edited by SweetVirginia]
10th March 2008 04:36 PM
guitarman53 Thank you for the information.
10th March 2008 07:35 PM
open-g ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ - 17 November 2006
© Glencar! [ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ] CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Archives | Control Panel

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board: Question? how to quote information from news.

guitarman53
Rocks Off Member

Posted 10th March 2008 11:38 AM Reply with quote Edit Post Delete postI'm wondering how it is done that long news articles can be copied on this board, like news from another source? is it highlighted or something? the Youtube video's I found out about, but how can newspaper articles be copied on this board, I've seen some that takes up a long time to read, & I know the person isn't typing out all this.

-----------------------------
A Stones fan since '64, more of a fan of the 60's/70's Era.
Posts: 754 | Registered: Oct 2006 | Profile | PM | IP Logged
SweetVirginia
Rocks Off Member

Posted 10th March 2008 11:41 AM Reply with quote Edit Post Delete postUsually you can just highlight the text and copy it, then paste into your post on this board. If it's a site that has a "printable version" choice, that's easier because you won't copy extra text (like photo captions).

[Edited by SweetVirginia]

"We ride in Chiba Chariots.
We send thongs around the world.
We often ask each other to 'pass the pipe'
One of our catch phrases is 'Fuck you Gazza, will ya?'

This is Rocks Off.
This ain't no tea party.
We are Stonesian mutant lunatics who love our little playground."---Lady Jane, October 2007
Posts: 2156 | Registered: Sep 2005 | Profile | PM | IP Logged
guitarman53
Rocks Off Member

Posted 10th March 2008 01:36 PM Reply with quote Edit Post Delete postThank you for the information.

A Stones fan since '64, more of a fan of the 60's/70's Era.
Posts: 754 | Registered: Oct 2006 | Profile | PM | IP Logged

Admin Options:
Delete thread | Open/Close thread | Rename thread | Stick thread Back to ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)

phew - that took me ages to write.

[Edited by open-g]
10th March 2008 11:25 PM
guitarman53 Thanks for the information.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)