ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Werchter Park, Werchter 5th June 2007
© and thanks to coowouters
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Reincarnation of Jimi Hendrix? Return to archive
10th March 2008 11:14 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Hartford Courant
March 10, 2008

I Am...A Rocker

Desiree Bassett, 15, lives in Ashford and is a sophomore at E.O. Smith High School. Her father (and manager), Dan Bassett, calls her "the real deal, the real modern-day Hannah Montana, who goes to school by day, practices and plays clubs and festivals at night." She has performed locally and around the country. For coming performances and more information, visit her website at www.desireebassett.com.

"I'm in love with music. I play music in my dreams.

Some people know me as a shy girl, but on stage I'm a completely different kind of person doing what I love to do, rocking out.

Some people call me the reincarnation of Jimi Hendrix. They're like, wow, Jimi Hendrix died, but he reincarnated as a girl.

I started playing guitar at 3 years old [after] I saw my dad playing and got inspired. He taught me chords. My whole family plays music. We're really close. I try to help everyone the best I can because family is really important to me. My mom works at the elementary school as a custodian, and my dad stays home and takes care of us.

Every day I have to go to school and do my homework and all that. Then I practice at least two hours a day, sometimes up to eight hours straight if I really get into it. It's hard to fit it all in with band rehearsals and lessons, but I manage to do it and pass my classes, usually with A's and B's. I want to show men that women can play guitar just as well as men can and also that there are younger players who can play just as good as long as they put the effort into it.

I want to be the next generation of rock 'n' roll.

I want to take my music and make them hits. I don't want to be on top. I want to be over the top."

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
10th March 2008 12:11 PM
Ten Thousand Motels >I want to be the next generation of rock 'n' roll.

I want to take my music and make them hits. I don't want to be on top. I want to be over the top."<

Well, she's spunky if nothing else.

10th March 2008 12:45 PM
mojoman
10th March 2008 01:49 PM
guitarman53 Well, if she's being doing it since that young age, & practices up to 8 hours a day, she's bound to be good, it's practice that makes a guitarist great, Hendrix did it, & a lot of others, that's what makes them so talented.
10th March 2008 02:08 PM
Wimpy That kid has got the grove and tune, no question about it!

10th March 2008 02:50 PM
Mr.D
"modern-day Hannah Montana"

How old is that bitch?

Story sounds a bit weird, its probly pushy parents - theyve seen how easy it is to give a talentless moron the disney treatment and make millions
10th March 2008 02:52 PM
pdog wheres the originality?
10th March 2008 04:32 PM
guitarman53
quote:
pdog wrote:
wheres the originality?

Right, she may practice for days on end, but everybody has got to be original, Marilyn Manson learned this lesson from Alice cooper who said "he's got a girl's name, he wears make-up, he's into horror, how original?
11th March 2008 09:30 AM
andrews27 Please God, don't let her turn into Lenny Kravitz.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)