ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Werchter Park, Werchter 5th June 2007
© and thanks to coowouters
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: X-Ray Specs at Airports Return to archive
10th March 2008 09:23 AM
open-g Top News

TSA Broadens Use of 'Backscatter X-Ray' Machines That Conduct 'Virtual Strip Searches': The Transportation Security Administration is expanding the use of "backscatter X-ray" systems for passenger screening. The $100,000 refrigerator-size machines use "backscatter" technology, which bounces low-radiation X-rays off of a passenger to produce photo-quality images of travelers as if they were undressed. Computer processing partially obscures the image that is available to operators. TSA states that the agency will delete the raw images, but there is no law or regulation that prevents the agency from saving the original, detailed images. Until there is such a prohibition, EPIC believes funding for the program should be suspended. See EPIC's Spotlight on Surveillance and page on Backscatter X-ray.

http://epic.org/privacy/airtravel/backscatter/default.html#topnews

10th March 2008 09:28 AM
PartyDoll MEG OH Lordy..

A whole new avenue to explore....
10th March 2008 09:32 AM
mrhipfl I gotta get me one of those.
10th March 2008 09:57 AM
open-g You need to be cool and strong while passing through the airport^^
10th March 2008 10:45 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Great. I feel so much safer. I love Big Brother, he takes such good care of us.
10th March 2008 11:02 AM
pdog I was hoping this was about Poly Styrene , and her band X-Ray Spex.
10th March 2008 11:51 AM
open-g
quote:
pdog wrote:
I was hoping this was about Poly Styrene , and her band X-Ray Spex.

That indeed came to mind when I wrote the headline.
great song then, was it '78? "Oh Bondage Up Yours"

remember the cheap ads from comics?

[Edited by open-g]
10th March 2008 02:51 PM
Mr.D
quote:
pdog wrote:
I was hoping this was about Poly Styrene , and her band X-Ray Spex.

Same, i love xray spex
10th March 2008 03:37 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
OH Lordy..

A whole new avenue to explore....

We gotta get us some lead dresses, Meg.
10th March 2008 04:39 PM
PartyDoll MEG if TBS was around he probably would have posted something along these lines from his ass department:

"Boston, MA - The TSA announced a new weapon in the fight against terrorism. All agents will be issued a set of X-ray vision glasses as part of an overall upgrade and proceeds from a grant from DC Comics.

The glasses, once thought to be an inferior item found in the classifieds of comic books and magazines, attracted the attention of Homeland Security purchasing agents who are always on the lookout for new items and other stupid ways to waste taxpayers money.

Bought with a generous grant from the comic book leader, the x-ray glasses cost the government $1.98 each, plus 2 box tops from a box of Wheaties. Each pair also includes a 'secret' decoder ring and badge!

Michael Chernoff demonstrated a pair by peering at a group of French college students arriving at Logan Airport. He passed them around so everyone could see the latest in European underwear fashion.

The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious. "

Written by BuckwheatsButt
10th March 2008 04:44 PM
glencar The last few times I've flown, TSA has been quite a bit faster. I did NOT get to fly at Christmastime, however, as I couldn't get time off.
10th March 2008 05:54 PM
mojoman
quote:
open-g wrote:

Hill?
10th March 2008 07:33 PM
open-g

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)