ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Werchter Park, Werchter 5th June 2007
© and thanks to coowouters
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is Jagger remembers coming out as a book? Return to archive
8th March 2008 06:20 PM
guitarman53 From the Rollin' stone interview with Mick from '95, did anybody hear it might be a book, like "Lennon Remembers" was brought out as a book, even though the interview wasn't as long as Lennon's, Mick touched on a lot of topics, as the history of The Stones.
8th March 2008 07:03 PM
Gazza It'd be a bit out of date now, surely?
8th March 2008 08:22 PM
guitarman53
quote:
Gazza wrote:
It'd be a bit out of date now, surely?

So was Lennons, but it still made it into a book, I imagine it's the only long interview that Jagger ever had, unless there's another.
8th March 2008 09:03 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
From the Rollin' stone interview with Mick from '95, did anybody hear it might be a book, like "Lennon Remembers" was brought out as a book, even though the interview wasn't as long as Lennon's, Mick touched on a lot of topics, as the history of The Stones.

have you read 'ronnie' yet?
8th March 2008 09:11 PM
Gazza
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

So was Lennons, but it still made it into a book, I imagine it's the only long interview that Jagger ever had, unless there's another.

Lennon's interview was done in 1970 and was (I think) his first major interview after the Beatles broke up. So, there was a lot of cultural significance to it. Plus it came out as a book in 1980, either around the time of his comeback or just after he was murdered. So, either way there had some large significance for publishing it.

A Jagger interview in 1995 released as a book in 2008 wouldnt quite have the same interest.
8th March 2008 09:35 PM
guitarman53
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

have you read 'ronnie' yet?

Yes, I have, very entertaining read, I loved it, in fact I read in 3 days, couldn't put it away, the only thing that didn't ring true, was when he mentioned that he was asked to be the guitarist in Led Zep, when it's a fact that Page was the guy who formed the band, but it's a great read.
8th March 2008 09:45 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

Yes, I have, very entertaining read, I loved it, in fact I read in 3 days, couldn't put it away, the only thing that didn't ring true, was when he mentioned that he was asked to be the guitarist in Led Zep, when it's a fact that Page was the guy who formed the band, but it's a great read.

i figured if you were looking for another read is all.
how about...according to the rolling stones?
8th March 2008 10:15 PM
guitarman53
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

i figured if you were looking for another read is all.
how about...according to the rolling stones?

I've read so many books on the Stones, I tend to read books that are people's personal experience, instead of second hand accounts as to what might have happened.
9th March 2008 03:21 PM
glencar I still have my original RS of "jagger remembers."
[Edited by glencar]
9th March 2008 07:06 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
glencar wrote:
I still have my original RS of "jagger remembers."
[Edited by glencar]

ME TOO!GREAT READ
10th March 2008 01:34 PM
guitarman53 http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/mick_jagger_remembers
Jagger Remembers : Rolling Stone

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/mick_jagger_remembers_pt2
Jagger Remembers (continued) : Rolling Stone

http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/mickjagger/articles/story/5938143/jagger_remembers_continued
Jagger Remembers (continued): Mick Jagger : Rolling Stone

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)