ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Werchter Park, Werchter 5th June 2007
© and thanks to coowouters
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Clip First Song- Shine A Light Movie.com Return to archive
7th March 2008 02:31 PM
jaggergurl
7th March 2008 02:57 PM
LadyJane One word: TINGLE.

Thanks, D.

LJ.
7th March 2008 03:05 PM
Paranoid_Android

A MUCH BETTER POSTER
[Edited by Paranoid_Android]
7th March 2008 03:06 PM
glencar Looks like a mess...
7th March 2008 03:10 PM
glencar What are the odds that the bit with Marty Scorcese acting like, "It's the 1st song?!?" & dashing off was done in real time? The Beacon looks good though...
7th March 2008 03:29 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
glencar wrote:
What are the odds that the bit with Marty Scorcese acting like, "It's the 1st song?!?" & dashing off was done in real time? The Beacon looks good though...

You mean even the "acting" is being dubbed?
7th March 2008 04:16 PM
steel driving hammer Keith comes in the left speaker?

I don't think Ronnie "carried" Keith on this one.

Great guitar sound though.
7th March 2008 04:19 PM
glencar
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

You mean even the "acting" is being dubbed?

It's all Muzak...
7th March 2008 05:30 PM
Mel Belli It'll have been the best two hours you've spent at the movies in a long time.
7th March 2008 05:36 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
It'll have been the best two hours you've spent at the movies in a long time.

better than Fred Claus?
7th March 2008 05:36 PM
glencar
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
It'll have been the best two hours you've spent at the movies in a long time.

I trust ye! I was just having fun. But seriously, Marty's bit looks stupid.
7th March 2008 05:41 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
glencar wrote:
I trust ye! I was just having fun. But seriously, Marty's bit looks stupid.

The first 10 or so minutes of the movie are all about Stones Inc. trying to "merge" with Scorsese Inc. -- and, amusingly and unsurprisingly, the Stones don't try very hard. There's a little taste of it in the trailer, with Mick filming himself joking that they won't get the setlist to Marty until a hour before the show.
7th March 2008 11:38 PM
Bob Tamp In the trailer, they show JJF from the beginning. In this clip, we see Marty scrambling and the band is already playing JJF. Is this how it is for the actual movie?
8th March 2008 03:27 AM
Poplar
quote:
glencar wrote:
What are the odds that the bit with Marty Scorcese acting like, "It's the 1st song?!?" & dashing off was done in real time?

seriously. total bullshit.
8th March 2008 10:48 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Bob Tamp wrote:
In the trailer, they show JJF from the beginning. In this clip, we see Marty scrambling and the band is already playing JJF. Is this how it is for the actual movie?

Yes, there's a lengthy intro sequence (the first 5-8 minutes, if I recall) that shows how the filmmakers and the Stones scrambled to get the show organized: clips of the band rehearsing in Regina, being shown a miniature replica of the set, etc.
8th March 2008 11:25 AM
Bob Tamp Thats kind of a shame that JJF isnt shown from the beginning like in the trailer imho
8th March 2008 11:52 AM
Bloozehound I feel it

8th March 2008 12:02 PM
guitarman53 I prefer "Gimme Shelter" for JJF, Mick sings like he's done it a few thousand times, not as good as the movie mentioned, it's too fast, like he's going thru the motions, like let's do this thing & get it over with.
10th March 2008 10:22 AM
Scottfree
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
I prefer "Gimme Shelter" for JJF, Mick sings like he's done it a few thousand times, not as good as the movie mentioned, it's too fast, like he's going thru the motions, like let's do this thing & get it over with.

A ballad (at least the pace) to open the show? I'd prefer a speed metal version for the opener....
10th March 2008 10:37 AM
pdog Clinton'd or Obama'd?
10th March 2008 10:48 AM
Jumacfly Great sound except Mick's singing...yuk
10th March 2008 11:55 AM
THE RAMBLER Exactly! Micks singing is ATROCIOUS! I hope it's NOT like this for the entire movie. Sadly his voice has become nasally and has no power anymore. Listen to this performance of Worried ABoutYou from Japan. Listen to MIck growl out Worried about You at the end. There's so much more power in his vocals just a few short years ago than there is now. Please don't give me the he had voice problems excuse. Micks voice sounded like this for most of the ABB tour.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fxbxGvJJn0
10th March 2008 12:13 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
THE RAMBLER wrote:
Exactly! Micks singing is ATROCIOUS! I hope it's NOT like this for the entire movie. Sadly his voice has become nasally and has no power anymore. Listen to this performance of Worried ABoutYou from Japan. Listen to MIck growl out Worried about You at the end. There's so much more power in his vocals just a few short years ago than there is now. Please don't give me the he had voice problems excuse. Micks voice sounded like this for most of the ABB tour.

Mick sounds great throughout the movie. You can't expect him to blow his voice on the first song, for god's sake.
10th March 2008 12:18 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
THE RAMBLER wrote:
Exactly! Micks singing is ATROCIOUS! I hope it's NOT like this for the entire movie. Sadly his voice has become nasally and has no power anymore. Listen to this performance of Worried ABoutYou from Japan. Listen to MIck growl out Worried about You at the end. There's so much more power in his vocals just a few short years ago than there is now. Please don't give me the he had voice problems excuse. Micks voice sounded like this for most of the ABB tour.

+1, "goddess in the doorway" style, as seen on Bigger Bang DVD...
[Edited by Jumacfly]
10th March 2008 01:10 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Mick sounds great throughout the movie. You can't expect him to blow his voice on the first song, for god's sake.

Yeah he had to blow some of us off in AC to "save" his voice for THIS performance!
10th March 2008 01:20 PM
THE RAMBLER I have heard other clips form the movie. His voice is NOT strong anymore. Wasn't too strong for the entire tour. LICKS he sounded good. The clips of SFTD from this film sound VOCALLY terrible! IMHO the last good VOCAL performance of SFTD was from 11/22/97 B2B Las vegas. 89/90 version VOCALLY were great!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)