ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Werchter Park, Werchter 5th June 2007
© and thanks to coowouters
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I Gave You Diamonds, You Give Me Disease Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
5th March 2008 05:54 PM
pdog Holy Crap!!!
Sister Morphine does it again...

01. Exile On Main St. Blues
02. Get A Line On You
03. Good Time Women
04. Shake Your Hips
05. Hillside Blues
06. Sweet Virginia
07. Bent Green Needles
08. Loving Cup
09. Ventilator Blues
10. I Ain't Signifying
11. Let It Loose
12. All Down The Line
13. Travelin' Man
14. Stop Breaking Down
15. Shine A Light
16. I'm Going Down

All of these songs, I've had in a bunch of other releases. Some very, very good, others really hissy and unlistenable for my ears...
BUT!!! Now, in excellent quality... no hiss at all on the Get a Line and Good Time Women... Cool cool hand has done just enough to the mastering w/o going overboard. Good Time Women goes right into Shake Your Hips... again no tape hiss...you would think this was an official release almost, what a blend of two outtake songs...
Hillside Blues clocks in at 11:15 the best quality I've yet to hear of this jam. Again no hiss, and yet somehow ou can hear all the players, I've never heard a version before w/o tape hiss, and never heard this longer version before... A winner twice!!!
Sweet Virginia, another song I've never heard so clearly before on any Exile outtake CD before... This is truly like hearing an alternate take, it is so clear, if you didn't know, you'd think this was an officially released version of a song. Definitely a different mix, the bass is deeper, piano more upfront, Jaggers vocals are dry, and seem like a run through w/o any overdubs. Great version of a great song.
Bent Green Needles. I've heard this non vocal early version of Sweet Black angel before. And it was cool once, it was always so hissy, it didn't need to be heard again. Well now, no hiss. I can play this a bunch, and even go kareoke if I want too, not that I will...
Lovin' Cup... Good I love this song. This version is common... But since everything up til now has been superb quality, am I not hearing possibly the best outtake version of this, ever? I probably am... whata beautiful buzzzzz. Gimme Lil Drink! I beleive this version was recorded back in 1968... And is definitely up there as one of my favorite Stones songs. The Exile version is superb, probably Jaggers best vocal moments. This version is looser, but still has the passion, and ends with Jagger demanding that drink, to get drunk... AWESOME!!! This version also goes under the working title of Gimme A Lil' Drink.
Ventilator Blues I don't think i've heard this version before... If I did, it was on a release that was so hissy and crappy, I passed it over and forgot it. This is a very raw, just jammin' it in the studio version. Probably one of the earlies version, while the song was being worked... oh... no hiss, and despite how rough it is, it's not rough to listen to, in fact it's so clear, you might think you're in Keith's Nellcote basement and it is 1972. The only down side, is when Jagger does the vocals, his mic is really hot, and the vocals are up, but it isn't as bad as it may sound, and after the first verse or so it levels out. My first real complaint, and You need to know, it is minor... I wouldn't send this dish back to the kitchen... no way!
I Ain't Signifying. Heard other versions, and the hiss killed it, so it was just a song, I was like okay...so the jammed out some blues... Now, with no hiss. It's listenable, for repeated enjoyment. I'll even learn all the lyrics and beats and sing along now!
did I mention yet, that any Exile fans must have this album... NOW!
It's on the Rocks Off Tracker...
Let It Loose........ Do you love this song... Ever get really into it coming down off coke or wasted drunk at 3 AM? This early version, you even feel that more... Oh yea. Probably b/c that's what was going on at the time they recorded this nice little demo. Oh, and no vocals, you still feel it... how that for a cool little jam.
All Down The Line... the acoustic version. This version is pretty much like the others I've heard... not much more can be done to bring up the instruments or reduce anymore hiss... Great early version... My favorite is the 7 inch 45 rpm single version. This one is cool, different lyrics, like Good time women, you can hear how a song develops with this band.
Travelin' Man, best version ever. A great jam. If you've heard this on other bootlegs, you'll love this version. Much cleaner... Still fades in, b/c that's how the source has always been. I love the keyboards on this song...
Stop Breaking Down... maybe the lowest quality from the sourcce tapes on this release. I've heard a few others outtake versions of this... Not bad, by any means, just a cool early version of this song.
Shine A Light... Where Get A Line OnYou differs. This is ore like The Exile version. Been bootlegged a bunch...
I'm Going Down, I love this song so much. One of my most fav. non lp Stones songs. Found officially on Matamorphisis. you can feel The Exile in it. I'm not sure when this version is dated from. Really sounds alot like the official version, and not like the other versions I've heard before on bootlegs. Just an Alt. mix I guess....

5th March 2008 05:56 PM
PartyDoll MEG Guess I'd better have a listen to it tonight!!
5th March 2008 05:59 PM
pdog
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Guess I'd better have a listen to it tonight!!

I think that's what i was trying to say in a thousand words or more!
5th March 2008 06:06 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
pdog wrote:

Well if it is like the other Sister Morphine releases..it should be good.

Burning it now...

I can guarantee my commentary will be "short and sweet"
5th March 2008 06:24 PM
gimmekeef A pdog learns some new tricks...Im all over this tonight too...
5th March 2008 06:25 PM
Starbuck
quote:
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Guess I'd better have a listen to it tonight!!

i was going to say...

can i have the cliff notes for that post?
5th March 2008 06:34 PM
open-g Now that was a hot & passionate advertisement for the torrent.
how can one NOT download and listen to it?

5th March 2008 07:12 PM
Riffhard Now if I could just learn how to torrent all would right in my world.

Riffy
5th March 2008 07:21 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Now if I could just learn how to torrent all would right in my world.

Riffy

Oh Riffy..for shame.....it is soooo easy!!!
5th March 2008 07:27 PM
pdog
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

i was going to say...

can i have the cliff notes for that post?
[/quote]

maybe you should just listen to the music.
5th March 2008 07:28 PM
open-g
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Now if I could just learn how to torrent all would right in my world.

Riffy

It's not that tough.
If you're on Windows you need to download & install the Torrent client first.
http://azureus.sourceforge.net/

then click on this link to start downloading (I gave You Diamonds...)
http://rollingstones.kicks-ass.org:6969/torrents/The+Rolling+Stones+-+I+Gave+You+Diamonds%2C+You+Give+Me+Disease+%28Morph-015%29.torrent?51B3A40878C28FF45E021B0F24D967736B6C0E8F

a few clicks maybe to determine where to save the file etc. - thats all.
give it a try.
5th March 2008 07:30 PM
Riffhard
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Oh Riffy..for shame.....it is soooo easy!!!

Hell's bells Meggy I don't even know where the site is?! If'n someone were nice enough to walk me through it perhaps I could keep up? I've heard that it takes a long time to actually torrent a whole disk. I just never bothered to try and learn because I am not that computer savy. I am now ready to make the leap! So how do I?

Riffy
5th March 2008 07:32 PM
Riffhard
quote:
open-g wrote:

It's not that tough.
If you're on Windows you need to download & install the Torrent client first.
http://azureus.sourceforge.net/

then click on this link to start downloading (I gave You Diamonds...)
http://rollingstones.kicks-ass.org:6969/torrents/The+Rolling+Stones+-+I+Gave+You+Diamonds%2C+You+Give+Me+Disease+%28Morph-015%29.torrent?51B3A40878C28FF45E021B0F24D967736B6C0E8F

a few clicks maybe to determine where to save the file etc. - thats all.
give it a try.

Right on! Thanks my man. I'll give it a try when I get home.

Riffy
5th March 2008 07:51 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Right on! Thanks my man. I'll give it a try when I get home.

Riffy

PM me if ya need some help, Riffy!! If I can do it....
I know you can!
5th March 2008 07:53 PM
pdog Riffy, if the torrent has a few seeders and you have a good dsl or more, only a few hours... Not bad, considering how we used to use mail, and before CD's it was all on tape.... and the quality... oh my god!
5th March 2008 07:54 PM
PartyDoll MEG Oh and by the way

I concur with P's lengthy review

Best outtakes of Exile, I have ever heard!!!

Was that "short and sweet"?
5th March 2008 08:14 PM
gimmekeef Riffy and all new torrent friends.Downloading and seeding is easy and you can do it!...But you also need burning software etc to make it playable.Also teh files are FLAC/SHN or Wav which some software doesnt recognize.Not trying to intimidate cause I learned and am no expert.Matbe someone can post the "burn" part of this....Good luck..its addictive..kinda like Keiths riffs
5th March 2008 08:24 PM
Riffhard Thanks guys and gal! I shall give this a try soon and report back as to my level of suckcess!

Riffy
5th March 2008 08:30 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:

Holy Crap!!!
Sister Morphine does it again...

01. Exile On Main St. Blues
02. Get A Line On You
03. Good Time Women
04. Shake Your Hips
05. Hillside Blues
06. Sweet Virginia
07. Bent Green Needles
08. Loving Cup
09. Ventilator Blues
10. I Ain't Signifying
11. Let It Loose
12. All Down The Line
13. Travelin' Man
14. Stop Breaking Down
15. Shine A Light
16. I'm Going Down

All of these songs, I've had in a bunch of other releases. Some very, very good, others really hissy and unlistenable for my ears...
BUT!!! Now, in excellent quality... no hiss at all on the Get a Line and Good Time Women... Cool cool hand has done just enough to the mastering w/o going overboard. Good Time Women goes right into Shake Your Hips... again no tape hiss...you would think this was an official release almost, what a blend of two outtake songs...
Hillside Blues clocks in at 11:15 the best quality I've yet to hear of this jam. Again no hiss, and yet somehow ou can hear all the players, I've never heard a version before w/o tape hiss, and never heard this longer version before... A winner twice!!!
Sweet Virginia, another song I've never heard so clearly before on any Exile outtake CD before... This is truly like hearing an alternate take, it is so clear, if you didn't know, you'd think this was an officially released version of a song. Definitely a different mix, the bass is deeper, piano more upfront, Jaggers vocals are dry, and seem like a run through w/o any overdubs. Great version of a great song.
Bent Green Needles. I've heard this non vocal early version of Sweet Black angel before. And it was cool once, it was always so hissy, it didn't need to be heard again. Well now, no hiss. I can play this a bunch, and even go kareoke if I want too, not that I will...
Lovin' Cup... Good I love this song. This version is common... But since everything up til now has been superb quality, am I not hearing possibly the best outtake version of this, ever? I probably am... whata beautiful buzzzzz. Gimme Lil Drink! I beleive this version was recorded back in 1968... And is definitely up there as one of my favorite Stones songs. The Exile version is superb, probably Jaggers best vocal moments. This version is looser, but still has the passion, and ends with Jagger demanding that drink, to get drunk... AWESOME!!! This version also goes under the working title of Gimme A Lil' Drink.
Ventilator Blues I don't think i've heard this version before... If I did, it was on a release that was so hissy and crappy, I passed it over and forgot it. This is a very raw, just jammin' it in the studio version. Probably one of the earlies version, while the song was being worked... oh... no hiss, and despite how rough it is, it's not rough to listen to, in fact it's so clear, you might think you're in Keith's Nellcote basement and it is 1972. The only down side, is when Jagger does the vocals, his mic is really hot, and the vocals are up, but it isn't as bad as it may sound, and after the first verse or so it levels out. My first real complaint, and You need to know, it is minor... I wouldn't send this dish back to the kitchen... no way!
I Ain't Signifying. Heard other versions, and the hiss killed it, so it was just a song, I was like okay...so the jammed out some blues... Now, with no hiss. It's listenable, for repeated enjoyment. I'll even learn all the lyrics and beats and sing along now!
did I mention yet, that any Exile fans must have this album... NOW!
It's on the Rocks Off Tracker...
Let It Loose........ Do you love this song... Ever get really into it coming down off coke or wasted drunk at 3 AM? This early version, you even feel that more... Oh yea. Probably b/c that's what was going on at the time they recorded this nice little demo. Oh, and no vocals, you still feel it... how that for a cool little jam.
All Down The Line... the acoustic version. This version is pretty much like the others I've heard... not much more can be done to bring up the instruments or reduce anymore hiss... Great early version... My favorite is the 7 inch 45 rpm single version. This one is cool, different lyrics, like Good time women, you can hear how a song develops with this band.
Travelin' Man, best version ever. A great jam. If you've heard this on other bootlegs, you'll love this version. Much cleaner... Still fades in, b/c that's how the source has always been. I love the keyboards on this song...
Stop Breaking Down... maybe the lowest quality from the sourcce tapes on this release. I've heard a few others outtake versions of this... Not bad, by any means, just a cool early version of this song.
Shine A Light... Where Get A Line OnYou differs. This is ore like The Exile version. Been bootlegged a bunch...
I'm Going Down, I love this song so much. One of my most fav. non lp Stones songs. Found officially on Matamorphisis. you can feel The Exile in it. I'm not sure when this version is dated from. Really sounds alot like the official version, and not like the other versions I've heard before on bootlegs. Just an Alt. mix I guess....

You can say that again, brother! Simply sublime!
5th March 2008 11:06 PM
GhostofBrianJones Thanks I just did it on my Macintosh.
6th March 2008 10:11 AM
Riffhard I'm trying but it seems to be making no progress. I downloaded the Azureus program and then followed the link to download the Diamonds torrent and it just sits there doing nothing! WTF am I doing wrong?

Riffy
6th March 2008 11:06 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
I'm trying but it seems to be making no progress. I downloaded the Azureus program and then followed the link to download the Diamonds torrent and it just sits there doing nothing! WTF am I doing wrong?

Riffy

Do you see the torrent listed in "My Torrents" in azureus(it is in the top window)? If you do, you probably just have to do some adjustments with your "configuration wizard" under tools. Just do the basic, don't try for "advanced" stuff just yet. You also may have a firewall problem with your anti-virus program and just need to tell that program to allow azureus to run.

If you don't see the torrent in azureus, you haven't finished setting it up yet. Do that with the "wizard" and then go to rocks off and download the torrent. I'll be gone the rest of the afternoon, Riffy, but I can help ya later if need be. But then gimmekeef should be around her somewhere?!!!!
6th March 2008 11:29 AM
pdog
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

Do you see the torrent listed in "My Torrents" in azureus(it is in the top window)? If you do, you probably just have to do some adjustments with your "configuration wizard" under tools. Just do the basic, don't try for "advanced" stuff just yet. You also may have a firewall problem with your anti-virus program and just need to tell that program to allow azureus to run.

If you don't see the torrent in azureus, you haven't finished setting it up yet. Do that with the "wizard" and then go to rocks off and download the torrent. I'll be gone the rest of the afternoon, Riffy, but I can help ya later if need be. But then gimmekeef should be around her somewhere?!!!!

I can try to help to... firewalls and making sure the settings are done right. I had the same exact problem when i first did a torrent. Takes a little tweaking and patience, don't give up... Pretty soon you'll be buying a 500 gig external HD, just to help sore this stuff... I just did... I got a 150 gig HD too, just for my iPod stuff....
6th March 2008 11:33 AM
Riffhard Thanks Meggy! I did as you suggested. However, when I see the torrent that should be loading all I get is the Diamonds torrent title but it is not downloading at all. I do not think it is a firewall issue though because I tested all that stuff. Or at least I think I did. I gave approval for the program to run via my Norton Security program.

It shows up as added to my download list, but then it just sits there looking bored doing nothing!

Riffy
6th March 2008 11:35 AM
Riffhard Oh,...wait a minute! Now it seems to be running! I just deleted it and clicked the link again, and sure enough it seems to be working! YeeeHaw! It does go slow though, no?

Riffy
6th March 2008 11:49 AM
glencar I'm having no luck. At all. I will keep trying though.
6th March 2008 11:56 AM
GotToRollMe I'd recommend utorrent. It's easy to set up and uses minimum system resources:
http://www.utorrent.com/

As far as directions for downloading, there's a step-by-step page here:
http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/peersharing/a/torrenthandbook_4.htm

Create a special folder for your downloads (the large files with the FLACs in them) on your desktop and set your preferences accordingly. But when you actually go to the tracker page to download the .torrent file (the small file, not the file with the FLACs), save it to your "My Documents" folder. Set this in your preferences as well.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
6th March 2008 12:08 PM
Riffhard Keep trying Blue. I just registered on the home page and then followed all of Meg's advice. After a couple of trys it started working fine. Now I just want to know how to transfer the files to my I-Pod. Any help guys or gals?

Riffy
6th March 2008 01:42 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Keep trying Blue. I just registered on the home page and then followed all of Meg's advice. After a couple of trys it started working fine. Now I just want to know how to transfer the files to my I-Pod. Any help guys or gals?

Riffy

Torrents are two kind of files, usually, either Flac or Shn. There's lots of free software to convert them to wav files on a PC, all free. I'm on Mac now, and forget what i used. I did use EAC to rip and burn, and it does also convert to Mp3. After you convert to Flac, burn a disc as Wav files. Save the wav files on your HD in a folder. Then google MKW Audio. This is good for Shn or going from wav to Mp3. It doesn't do Flac files, so get a good freeware for that. Read the torrent FAQ, I'm sure there's some suggestions.
If your connection is super slow, you might be firewalled, but you may also just have only a peer or to sharing... Or... DSL provider hates you!
6th March 2008 01:43 PM
Riffhard Ok so I've successfully downloaded the Diamonds torrent. So now how do I play the damned thing? My Windows Mediaplayer says the file is unknown. It downloaded as an MP5. How do I convert it so it will be playable on my PC and I-Pod? TIA!

Riffy
Page: 1 2 3

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)