ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Werchter Park, Werchter 5th June 2007
© and thanks to coowouters
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: One Hundred ' Greatest ' Guitar Solos .... Return to archive
5th March 2008 02:36 PM
Joey

..... !

http://guitar.about.com/library/bl100greatesti.htm

" 100 Greatest Guitar Solos "

Featuring a list of the top 100 guitar solos ever

" Every guitarist has opinions on what some of the greatest recorded guitar solos are. While there are many that are commonly regarded as "great", there are lots of others that don't get as much attention. Not too long ago, the editors of Guitar World magazine put together a reader's poll, to find out what their readers considered to be the best guitar solos of all time. The results surely reflect the magazine's demographic (no jazz guitar solos, for example), but no one can argue the following 100 selections boast some great guitar work.

What follows is the list of all 100 songs selected, listed with the guitarist who played the solo, the band who released the album, and the album name. Due to legal concerns, the tablature originally accompanying this article has been removed.

more greatest guitar solos: 1-10 | 11-20 | 21-30 | 31-40 | 41-50 | 51-60 | 61-70 | 71-80 | 81-90 | 91-100

ALBUM SONG #
song: Stairway to Heaven
guitarist: Jimmy Page
band: Led Zeppelin
album: Led Zeppelin IV
more: Stairway To Heaven solo details

song: Eruption
guitarist: Eddie Van Halen
band: Van Halen
album: Van Halen
more: Eruption solo details

.........etc .
5th March 2008 05:04 PM
fireontheplatter i have told this story time and time again and although it may not be the greatest lick of all time, it certainly helped me thru a difficult time......the guitar solo on 'worried about you'

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i'm a hard working man...when did i ever do you wrong.
[Edited by fireontheplatter]
5th March 2008 05:12 PM
Starbuck the inclusion of "hotel california" on this list at number 8 makes it about as ghey as a front row seat at an REM concert in omaha.

bandwidth! we must conserve the bandwidth!
5th March 2008 05:17 PM
mrhipfl I hate eruption. It was cool at one time because it was groundbreaking but now it's just irritating. Glad November Rain made it on the top 10. And Smells like teen spirit at 26?? LOL. And Sympathy all the way down at 48?! This is worse than the Rolling Stone Magazine lists.
5th March 2008 05:31 PM
Joey " i have told this story time and time again and although it may not be the greatest lick of all time, it certainly helped me thru a difficult time......the guitar solo on 'worried about you' "

**** " YES !!!! " *****

Full Frontal nuzzle coming your way my Brother ...

Full Frontal !!!!!!

Jazzy Cakes ! ™

5th March 2008 06:29 PM
gimmekeef Another bogus list.Keith plays 7 tracks of guitar by himself on Gimmeshelter and no mention.Hendrix dominates of course but they miss his best ever..Hey Joe...Lists are for losers
5th March 2008 10:32 PM
Throwaway Any list without Sympathy (Ya Ya's version) in top 5 is bollocks.
5th March 2008 10:46 PM
sirmoonie Fun to read. At least for me.

No Townshend from Quadro? Quadro blows doors. And had Pete's most melodic solos, some of the best I've ever heard - solo on Is It In My Head being the damn finest of them all.

Slash's best is on Coma. It really is.

Dimebag Darrel.
5th March 2008 11:01 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
No Townshend from Quadro? Quadro blows doors. And had Pete's most melodic solos, some of the best I've ever heard - solo on Is It In My Head being the damn finest of them all.

I feel ya my C10 Brother .............

No use denying the White Logic --- Quadro --- It Blows Doors !!!!!!!

" The Rock , Ronnie ! "

J. Muff ! ™
6th March 2008 12:09 AM
CraigP Ronnie Wood's lead guitar solo(s) on 'When the Whip Comes Down' LIVE Hampton Coliseum 12/18/1981 Track 2:

http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/dt/the-rolling-stones-concert/4604-7762.html

Killer.
7th March 2008 11:30 PM
Brainbell Jangler Yes, lists suck and this one is no exception. There are also at least two glaring errors. You all know that "Honky Tonk Women" is not on Let It Bleed. But the attribution of the Hunter/Wagner solo on "Sweet Jane" to the album Loaded is also incorrect. That version, of course, is on Lou Reed's live album, Rock N Roll Animal.

That being said, I would note that I have 60% of these songs in
my collection.
7th March 2008 11:43 PM
glencar loadacrap.
10th March 2008 01:59 AM
east_river_trucker Greatest solo:

Andrew Dice Clay, Madison Square Gardens 1991.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)