ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Werchter Park, Werchter 5th June 2007
© and thanks to coowouters
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How come Mick never had a " Meltdown " ? Return to archive Page: 1 2
7th March 2008 06:36 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Most everyone else today had their 19!

most likely because Mick's last name is not 'Van Halen'
7th March 2008 07:44 PM
yinzergal Running with the Devil is a bitching song!
7th March 2008 08:29 PM
glencar Gee, I hope LJ sees this...
7th March 2008 09:46 PM
gotdablouse man that post about DLR just made me sick, someone shoot me.
7th March 2008 11:12 PM
The jinn, my friend. Because Micheal Philip Jagger and all his many created personas are sociopathic. His whole life is one disintegration.
8th March 2008 07:41 AM
StonesChick
quote:
The jinn, my friend. wrote:
Because Micheal Philip Jagger and all his many created personas are sociopathic. His whole life is one disintegration.

oh please...rolls eyes
8th March 2008 10:04 AM
Bitch OK back on topic.. MICK builds walls around himself, as a self preservation tactic to prevent any personal attacks. He is strongly self diciplined, and when he has feelings of outrage, he holds it in, and lets it pass without saying anything to avoid conflict. MICK hates controversy, so he goes out of his way to avoid it and puts out fires for everyone else around him, including KEEF and RONNIE. The less said publicly, the better, and his privacy prevents him from writing an autobiography because he doesnt want to reveal himself, because he thinks he hates criticism. IMO
[Edited by Bitch]
8th March 2008 10:26 AM
Joey
quote:
Bitch wrote:
OK back on topic.. MICK builds walls around himself, as a self preservation tactic to prevent any personal attacks. He is strongly self diciplined, and when he has feelings of outrage, he holds it in, and lets it pass without saying anything to avoid conflict. MICK hates controversy, so he goes out of his way to avoid it and puts out fires for everyone else around him, including KEEF and RONNIE. The less said publicly, the better, and his privacy prevents him from writing an autobiography because he doesnt want to reveal himself, because he thinks he hates criticism. IMO
[Edited by Bitch]

That is a fantastic and relevant analysis ......... BITCH !
8th March 2008 10:39 AM
glencar ditto!
10th March 2008 01:36 AM
east_river_trucker
quote:
Bitch wrote:
The less said publicly, the better, and his privacy prevents him from writing an autobiography because he doesnt want to reveal himself, because he thinks he hates criticism. IMO
[Edited by Bitch]

Oh what a bunch of crap. A further slide in record sells (if that's still possible) is the only thing that prevents him from writing an autobiography. IMO. Mick doesn't reveal anything about himself because he wants to sell more records and concert tickets. He understands that he has to remain a myth to his fans. He must be all things to all people. If he reveals exactly who he is (a boring, conservative, uptight, effeminant, Englishman), than a bunch of people (for example american rednecks) that assume he is like them and speaks for them will stop being his fans. He is a consumate showman and businessman.
10th March 2008 01:46 AM
east_river_trucker
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think Jagger has never embarrassed himself publicly,

Are we talking about the same Mick Jagger?

Are you not aware of Mick Jagger's solo efforts?

Did you not seen the last Stone's tour?

If that's not publicly embarrasing himself, than he is not easily embarrassed.
10th March 2008 01:51 AM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
east_river_trucker wrote:

a boring, conservative, uptight, effeminant, Englishman.

You make Bono sad.
10th March 2008 10:57 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:
You make Bono sad.

So what?
Aren't all Englishmen like that?
10th March 2008 02:45 PM
texile
quote:
east_river_trucker wrote:

Oh what a bunch of crap. A further slide in record sells (if that's still possible) is the only thing that prevents him from writing an autobiography. IMO. Mick doesn't reveal anything about himself because he wants to sell more records and concert tickets. He understands that he has to remain a myth to his fans. He must be all things to all people. If he reveals exactly who he is (a boring, conservative, uptight, effeminant, Englishman), than a bunch of people (for example american rednecks) that assume he is like them and speaks for them will stop being his fans. He is a consumate showman and businessman.

Oh what a bunch of crap.

that's exactly what i meant what i suggested that the public persona can create a myth..
and people who know no better, believe it.
like you...
a consumate showman and businessman has made it possible for the stones to still thrive..
but jagger is an artist - he just doesn't have the pretentions of an artist..
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)